but you have to do it with style, you very own style

And she doesn’t have this. Like, at all

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
4 hours ago, Andreu said:

not bad for a "one hit wonder" :billie:

a top 40 is not a hit, especially in the streaming era, especially on the uk charts

Justin Drew Bieber
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

a top 40 is not a hit, especially in the streaming era, especially on the uk charts

I’d call a song a hit only if it goes Top 15 tbh

HEARTSTOP

Imagine if we celebrated all artists that go Top 40 UK like we do this random woman :bear:

IDGAF

Gerrard174
5 hours ago, JohnWayne92 said:

I like her...but all of the songs sound exactly the same on this album...and I hate that she didn’t do more with the “la la la la la,” where, “all around the world like,” is usually. She could have easily wrote lyrics for that. It being all la’s make it sound lazy to me. 

I feel you too. I listened to the whole album, nothing really standout as most songs have similar sound and not distinctive enough

Cavadour
2 hours ago, Runway said:

And she doesn’t have this. Like, at all

Untrue. I instantly recognize her tessiture and articulate scanned use of words. Her way to spice up harmonies and melodies with easten europe touches. She's a young rookie in the business but she's fresh, a fast learner and a hard working little lady with a great voice. The haircut might be a gimmick, but she'll soon not have any use of it to be recognized.

Years ago, when Lucky Star and Like a Virgin came out, I remember how Madonna was labelled as a one hit wonder and bashed as a reuser... or when I came with Billy Idol's White Wedding 45 and put that single on the cafeteria shared record player of the ad agency I was working in, everybody gave me the looks and frawns and asked what the hell was this junk disco crap ?

I'm only trying to put the attitude towards newcomers in perspective. I was djing for a birthday party two years ago and I got the exact same people's reactions about Sweet But Psycho... :wtf:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

androiduser

I am genuinely surprised she hasn't had more successful chart entries. to me a few of her songs sound like top10 hits or even higher.

FentyGa
9 hours ago, androiduser said:

I am genuinely surprised she hasn't had more successful chart entries. to me a few of her songs sound like top10 hits or even higher.

i think it’s because her music is all quite similar

also, it’s veryyy european. she does well in mainland europe, but that electropop/dance pop sound doesnt do well on the hot 100 anymore

androiduser
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

i think it’s because her music is all quite similar

also, it’s veryyy european. she does well in mainland europe, but that electropop/dance pop sound doesnt do well on the hot 100 anymore

I was talking about the UK chart, I though she had more hits there

FentyGa
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I was talking about the UK chart, I though she had more hits there

ohh right

it would make sense if she did, though i’m not sure how much promo her label does here. i havent rly seen much personally

kings & queens did well on radio though

Archived