đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Timberlake apologizes to Britney and Janet (finally)

bryanspears

Featured Posts

Whispering

Good for him. 

They were kids who dated for a long time. Feelings were hurt, people cheated, but they’ve both moved on to have families of their own. 

The least of Britney’s problems is an old teen/early adult romance. She has a blood-sucking family that have taken years of her life away from her children. She has bigger issues in her life than an old teen relationship. Britney is a Mom now and deserves time with her kids and a free life.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde

My issue with him has always been the janet jackson thing

Janet jackson was black balled and you went ahead to sell millions of records , you watched her get all the backlash for something that YOU did  . And after 15 years you decide to apologise even though people have consistently called you out on it all through the years ? You had an excellent moment during your superbowl to address the situation during your interviews but you didnt 

I dont know how to feel about this apology im sorry 

FrederickSpears
59 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Good for him. 

They were kids who dated for a long time. Feelings were hurt, people cheated, but they’ve both moved on to have families of their own. 

The least of Britney’s problems is an old teen/early adult romance. She has a blood-sucking family that have taken years of her life away from her children. She has bigger issues in her life than an old teen relationship. Britney is a Mom now and deserves time with her kids and a free life.

I agree, it's time to move on. People need to focus on the conservatorship and her father. They have taken all her 20's and 30's away from her and are looking to take away her 40's before this documentary woke people up. I hope she is freed soon and THAT is what people need to focus on, not some old relationship that Britney is over.

FrederickSpears
7 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Janet jackson was black balled and you went ahead to sell millions of records , you watched her get all the backlash for something that YOU did  . And after 15 years you decide to apologise even though people have consistently called you out on it all through the years ? You had an excellent moment during your superbowl to address the situation during your interviews but you didnt 

I dont know how to feel about this apology im sorry 

He only apologized to Janet because the Britney stuff. He couldn't apologize to Britney without apologizing to Janet, too, or he would be dragged by everyone once again. He ruined Janet's career and doesn't care tbh. He's so fake imo.

@Werk

Okay, thanks for this long post. I read it all, provided new information for me. I really appreciate it, with all sources and videos.

I agree with pretty much all points that you made, I just have one BUT (and it's not directed to you, generally just my thought for the moment):

Let's not act that the sole reason that Janet career collapsed was because of Justin. Him not apologizing is just a part of whole situation that included absolute media slander and making a 'scandal' out of wardrobe malfunction. This is just a woman's breast that has been so sexualized by mass media and mysoginistic culture. And people were very quick to jump on hate train, as always. Do I think that it would be better even if he apologized? I don't think so. The focus and all the blame is still falling on women shoulders. He could act perfectly in this scenario and she would still be called out names. 

It is not an excuse, just my general thought. 

I always found it cruel how he never stepped up to speak up for Britney in any way and he also piled on, it broke my heart to see it happening. At least he has joined in now, I guess. Good people sometimes just have to take and accept the least from people and move on. He was someone who I questioned, as an old friend, why he wouldn't reach out to try and help her back then, she needed someone on her side, just as a friend.

I also didn't see why he didn't just apologize easily to Ms. Jackson. That whole thing was just so stupid.

Guess he doesn't have much character, but at least he has followed and done good now.

We must be leaders in love and kindness, in the moment, not followers. 

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:17 PM, ALGAYDO said:

@Werk I wish I didn’t have my reactions taken away cause I would be “YAASSSING” all of your posts. The fact that you even gave sources to your claims, ugh the dedication. Britney is lucky to have people like you on her side. But more so, thanks for making it clear the type of person JT really is. I can’t fathom why anyone would defend such a person. :enigma:

On 2/13/2021 at 12:13 AM, SlaeUrAnus said:

You should have written my Uni essays because you have the RECEIPTS!

It is not a case of urging him to, as you said, k word himself as justification, but just calling him out on his actions because he has had a free pass all of his career. 

I'm not into cancel culture, but I've seen the douchebag antics Justin has done in his 2 decade career and I don't think this apology comes across as apologetic at all.

Well first off it was thanks to the user from LSA for their long post with the list of ridiculous stuff he did and the other sources I provided. Like I said a lot of their claims needed sources of course or were wiggly but regardless a lot of these we already have the evidence anyway through video, etc. and that's a heavy load of horrible stuff he's done whether it be Britney/Janet related or not such as the racially profiled joke :neyde:. I always get annoyed when I have to do something in these vein because I'm taking my energy and taking someone "down" but these stuff legit need to be called out. The whole flash mob culture is a mess but I also dislike when people lump every canceling situation together and be like "People need to stop canceling years later etc. etc. what do you want him to do? etc. etc." like not every canceling situation is the same, some of them are justifiable and some are not, simple. And in JT's case, all of these evidences (the one I share wasn't even enough and we're not gonna get into how his wife is ridiculous to Britney) prove the type of ridiculous person he is and how he still hasn't even grown even in the '2010s (I mean the fact he even had to apologize by force is enough to say lol) so trying to pull the "let people grow" and "y'all need to let it go" and a bunch of other complaints people use during a cancellation simply does not apply to a douchebag like JT. He has been getting conventional success for years now without getting criticism from the GP (while Janet and Britney got criticism) but he is FINALLY getting it now yet some people want to criticize the criticism like pleaseee he ain't a good person, it's been long overdue. 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:52 AM, Kattys said:

@Werk

Okay, thanks for this long post. I read it all, provided new information for me. I really appreciate it, with all sources and videos.

I agree with pretty much all points that you made, I just have one BUT (and it's not directed to you, generally just my thought for the moment):

Let's not act that the sole reason that Janet career collapsed was because of Justin. Him not apologizing is just a part of whole situation that included absolute media slander and making a 'scandal' out of wardrobe malfunction. This is just a woman's breast that has been so sexualized by mass media and mysoginistic culture. And people were very quick to jump on hate train, as always. Do I think that it would be better even if he apologized? I don't think so. The focus and all the blame is still falling on women shoulders. He could act perfectly in this scenario and she would still be called out names. 

It is not an excuse, just my general thought. 

No one said Justin is the sole reason though, if anything Les Moonves deserves to be ripped apart next for what he did to Janet and getting her blackballed, but for now, idk if JT apologizing would've made the situation better, but at the end of the day he still went on to receive conventional success yet couldn't be bother to be publicly on her side. Whether or not him apologizing would've made the situation better or not, it doesn't matter, him not being on her side publicly but instead his reaction and making jokes, etc. shows his true colors of being an a**hole and benefitting from his privilege. He could've easily been on her side publicly during his prime but chose not to and even blatantly refusing to in 2016. It also doesn't help when he was publicly brutal to Britney and has a bunch of messy other stuff, do you see why people are mad at him?

Look at this whole video till the end and his response:

Also look at what this user from LSA said and the bolded part:

"Janet didn't just take a blow, the head of CBS/Viacom (I think it was Les Moonves) blacklisted her, her videos were scratched from Youtube and other players and her music stopped being played on MTV/Vh1 and a lot of radio that it had been and would've been otherwise. There was also a fine from the FCC, but I believe the network paid that. Justin grovelled in a matter Moonves deemed appropriate, while Janet apparently did not, and so he wasn't banned the way she was. They really tried to erase Janet from pop culture and did it in such a malicious and vicious manner while uplifting that man and at every chance he had to make amends, he did the exact opposite and threw her (and Britney) under the bus."

This example form a user is long but it's worth it if you wanna understand why what he did to Janet wasn't good:

"I don't care if Justin has done interviews before saying he was sorry about what happened to Janet. It's not about an apology because those are just words. He KNEW that he was being treated differently (better) because he was a white male. And he didn't do anything about it. He WENT BACK to the Grammys knowing that Janet was still banned. He WENT BACK to MTV and CBS shows knowing Janet was still banned. The only thing he could have done to show genuine remorse is to take a stand and say he won't go back to MTV, CBS, NFL, and Recording Academy events until Janet is allowed back. But he didn't do that. So saying "sorry" 20 years later is empty.

It's like if a white man knowingly takes a friend of his, a black woman, to a whites only restaurant in the 60s, the only restaurant in that town. She gets beaten by the townspeople and restaurant owner and gets told to never come back to that restaurant since she's not white. The white man then goes back to the restaurant the next day and apologizes to the restaurant owner for bringing a black woman to the restaurant. As a result of the incident, the black woman loses her job and ends up on the street. She has to eat scraps she finds in trash cans since she can't go into the restaurant or other stores in the town to eat. She gets harassed daily by the townspeople. Meanwhile, the white man continues to frequent and eat at that restaurant for the next 2 decades. He opens up more businesses and often partners up with the restaurant. He makes a good living and lives a fruitful life. Then, 20 years later when the town's new young, hip newspaper editor puts a column on the front page of the local paper analyzing the beating that took place all those years ago, the white man submits a letter to the editor saying "Yeah, sorry about what happened to that black woman all those years ago. There's a racist system in this town. But I'm an ally. We good?"

FREEPALESTINE

funny how all these white folks starting to speak up like it wasimpossible to do so even a year ago or something.i find it great but also very hypocritical in a sense. like apologizing is the new king of hero thing now. well.....thanks justin.

Alannah
On 2/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, JusKeepBreathin said:

Gurl don't make me look up what he did at the Prince tribute. Spill the Tea. 

He wanted to use a hologram of Prince for his Super Bowl performance but didn't to "respect Prince's wishes" - instead, he used a giant projection of him and sang along to the I Would Die 4 U performance from Purple Rain. 

JusKeepBreathin
On 2/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Gimme More said:

He deserves it

“The world has long been full of Madonna-wannabes, and I might have even dated a couple. But there is truly only one Madonna.” 

“I’d like to think that, at first, he’ll diss a popular female singer. Publicly, they’ll claim to be virgins but privately… he hit it.”

he's mock her virginity"

Et5t72UXIAA53Cm?format=jpg&name=medium

Shall I provide more reasons?

Eww...

Is he gay? Why is he acting like Regina George? And in f_cking magazine publications and televised interviews.  

Trash.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived