Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Timberlake apologizes to Britney and Janet (finally)

bryanspears

Featured Posts

Runway

27 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Aren’t we all, especially if the other person was the cheater?

Where are the receipts though 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vyniildisk
15 minutes ago, Ikonik said:

We gays are gonna cancel every white, sexy and privileged men that we know never would be on our beds and/or never we would look like as hot as them... so, your answer is...

GIF by Morphin

this is so wrong and mean sistern

Xoxo Adriana
25 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

He made the apology public, so the public can have an opinion. Don’t want the public to have an opinion on something? Then don’t post it on social media. That simple. 

having an opinion is not the same as accepting an apology that wasn’t for you to accept. “apology not accepted” is not an opinion. 

doing this only makes people saying it a part of the problem. if y’all wanna help britney, how about stop giving these people attention for starters? :oprah:

ALGAYDO
Just now, Xoxo Adriana said:

having an opinion is not the same as accepting an apology that wasn’t for you to accept. “apology not accepted” is not an opinion. 

doing this only makes people saying it a part of the problem. if y’all wanna help britney, how about stop giving these people attention for starters? :oprah:

I agree with you on the “apology not accepted” part, but I do not agree that people shouldn’t post their opinion on his apology. 

and I think it’s good that people want to hold others accountable for their actions, whether it be something done yesterday or a decade ago :shrug:

Xoxo Adriana
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

I agree with you on the “apology not accepted” part, but I do not agree that people shouldn’t post their opinion on his apology. 

and I think it’s good that people want to hold others accountable for their actions, whether it be something done yesterday or a decade ago :shrug:

i never said i didn’t agree with people sharing opinions, i said this in the first senetence of my reply lol

3 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

ALGAYDO
Just now, Xoxo Adriana said:

i never said i didn’t agree with people sharing opinions, i said this in the first senetence of my reply lol

Oh shít, true. Expose me :bear:

Xoxo Adriana
38 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

You know what, you just made a point. I am going to keep my hoe mouth shut.

yes dua thread girl

3435567676.gif

PartySick
1 hour ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

i cannot emphasise this enough: THE APOLOGY WASN’T FOR YOU:fail:

what i don’t get is everyone spammed justin only recently for an apology because they realise just now that he ****ed up. he delivered it and now everyone is attacking him for a “late apology” and saying “apology not accepted” etc.

was it a half assed notes app apology? of course. but i’m sorry, that apology was not for you, it was for britney and janet. that’s up to them whether they accept it or not.

britney clearly just wants to move on from all her past dramas and everyone dragging her back into the problem is not helping the poor girl at all. so pack it up and move on with your lives ffs.

Here for this :applause:

I was never a fan of JT beyond liking the couple times MJ and NSYNC collab'd but after that incident with Janet I totally ignored him.

For Britney's sake, and Janet's to an extent, we can all move on and hope these talented and incredible women have a brighter future ahead :heart:

🖤

Wolf Boy
25 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

Meh. Okay cute so you apologised but what are you going to do now to be different and lift up women? 

Agreed, if he was really sincere he would get a sex change and live as woman. 

11 hours ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

Can y'all stop canceling him about every little thing now? Thank you.

11 hours ago, bryanspears said:

200.gif

11 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

The way you’re more upset at people canceling him than at his actions :air:

10 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Now i hope people finally shut up about it

10 hours ago, Gimme More said:

He deserves it

“The world has long been full of Madonna-wannabes, and I might have even dated a couple. But there is truly only one Madonna.” 

“I’d like to think that, at first, he’ll diss a popular female singer. Publicly, they’ll claim to be virgins but privately… he hit it.”

he's mock her virginity"

Et5t72UXIAA53Cm?format=jpg&name=medium

Shall I provide more reasons?

8 hours ago, Bradley said:

Did you read the post? Those are the things he's apologising for.

Does it make it better if he committed suicide?

I don't understand this culture. I am team Britney all the way but if someone makes a sincere apology, why do you guys still want to stone them? Why do u guys want utter destruction and tragedy when someone seems to be in sincere remorse and is doing something to make amends?

How can he do better? I don't even care that much about JT but if I made a sincere apology and someone gave me a reaction like yours (and others echoing your thoughts), I'd be so heartbroken.

8 hours ago, Gimme More said:

Did you not read the comment I responded to? :what:

Pipe down before you come for me.

I genuinely think it as a sincere apology, and I know me saying this doesn't have much power to change your mind. But if you've decided that it is not a sincere one, can you at least explain why (as in, how do you know he doesn't believe in the words he writes and only wrote that because PR requires him)? Or at least, have you ever considered how a sincere apology should be worded? Is there a line in there that sounds like he's diverting blame? Because from I read, there is zero hint at placing the blame on anyone but himself. He is taking full accountability of the wrongdoings.

There is a difference between PR statements from companies that go "We are sorry for the inconvenience caused" that is very impersonal in nature and actual written apologies by single individuals like the one JT did. You can't just equate them together as being PR products.

Yes I did. The post is asking people to stop cancelling Justin Timberlake.

And I quoted you to tell you that he is apologising for every single thing you were talking about. What's done cannot be undone. if you were quoting something new, something recent that JT did, then I'd be on your side.

Believe me I think Britney Spears deserves every bit of justice the world owes her.

7 hours ago, Chromatography said:

wow, i never knew about all of these things. that’s absolutely horrible. seeing this and then his post transmits for me that he’s not sorry at all

7 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

The only thing I think he should apologize for is not speaking out/standing up for Janet back in the day... :koons: 

7 hours ago, Bradley said:

People are literally leaving him with no route at all. I don't mind people offering criticism, but when they offer criticism, at least consider an alternative method that would've been feasible and desirable, then their criticism would've been much more valid because then we could accuse JT for having chosen the mellow route (perhaps apologies which seek to exonerate themselves from the offence) when he could've pressed harder into recognising his own misdoings and taking accountability.

Literally none of the people accusing JT of being insincere have given a valid suggestion on how the apology could've sounded better.

7 hours ago, GovernmentHookah said:

He’s a jerk and an a******.  He’s a wannabe frat boy who tried to be cool by putting down other prominent women who were far more talented than he will ever be. I used to like Justin (especially during his sophomore album era) but there’s no denying that he represented (and still represents) the misogynistic vulturous culture that tried to destroy both Janet and Britney. FYI - I think I even read somewhere that he wasn’t even approachable or nice when someone tried to meet him.

7 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Why are y’all trying to cancel him so Hard? He is not that problematic. As a young man, in the 2000s he’s obviously going to be critical of Britney, after all she cheated on him. He has a right to respond to that.

As far as Janet is concerned: I believe it was calculated. I don’t think her breast patch accidently fell off. It was publicity. She just got punished- and punished too hard. He should have took up for her back in the day since he was apart of it. That’s the only reason I have resentment for him. 

The Britney stans on this site want him murdered, but y’all don’t hold her accountable for what she did to him. They’ve both moved on from their messy break up. Y’all should too. 

7 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

I am in no way excusing Justin Timberlake's behavior at all, it's obvious that in general he kinda has a macho vibe, not to mention he was caught cheating on his wife Jessica Biel in recent years, and as a young guy especially in the 00s, where sexism was rampant in the media more than now, he did things that he shouldn't have done. But as a person, and that's my sentiment and opinion, it's tiring to hear everywhere on social media that Justin Timberlake did so and so to Janet Jackson which Janet talked about on Oprah back then, she talked about hiw disappointed she was, then Justin apologized to her, then Janet accepted the apology but didn't consider him as a friend anymore. People want apologies from celebs but in such a weird obsessive way that it really starts being annoying, and as someone who can and always has separated artists from their art (I understand most people don't do it) and I don't always keep up with what celebs do on a daily basis with their lives, their choices, their daily struggles, to me it was annoying as hell. It's one thing to do a 20 min youtube video to talk about Justin's problematic actions from 10+ years ago, it's another where when u check his new song/Album u get these comments over and over again. That was what I was talking about, that's it. 

5 hours ago, Kattys said:

I am over cancelling people about what they've said 10 years ago. ESPECIALLY given the cultural context what was standard in media. Gen Z simply doesn't know how it all was before.

Look at yourself - I was a different person 10 years ago. 

This is an example of good apology. 

5 hours ago, Kattys said:

How can he advocate for their careers now? Different mentality is already an action.

5 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Their career is not his responsibility. He didn’t ruin Britney’s career. She did. And she actually cheated on him before he acted salty towards her. She never publicly apologized for that. Why do her stanS always point the finger at him? After their relationship, he was out of her life period. She chose to marry and have children with Toxic Kevin federalize, and before her conservator ship she actually chose her extremely enabling managers, and fired her old team. I’m not saying her decade long conservatorship is right, but coming after Justin and still bringing him up in her career is such a reach, and a way to take blame off of her own actions. Her stans are very delusional sometimes. 

as for Janet- Justin was the other half of that scandal. I do think it was planned. Janet knew about it, Justin knew about it. As opposed to taking ownership he just dodged the whole situation. I think he should have owned up to it and supported her. His apology now, however is what it is. I don’t expect him to do more. There is nothing more he can do for Janet accept maybe bring up his apology a few more times. His career has ran it’s course as well. 

5 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Did she cheated on him? Do you know that for a fact? And veen she did (she prob didnt) that odesnt justify him making fun of her mental health thousands of times (people posted videos on this thread) talking about her virginity etc. 

5 hours ago, Gimme More said:

OMG JUSTIN CHEATED ON BRITNEY FIRST MULTIPLE TIMES.

5 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Everyone knows she did. Why are you automatically taking up for her? On her reality show she called him a ***. Why is she automatically an angel? These are two adults that have not made the best decisions. But demonizing only one, shows your bias and lack of critical thinking. It’s very hypocritical. You have to be able to see both sides of any story. 

She’s not. That. Innocent. 

5 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I guess I was too young cause I only knew that cry me a River was about Britney 

he can literally choke 

4 hours ago, Gimme More said:

He literally talked about their sex life on the radio after they split up, laughing about sleeping with her and going into some detail about their sex life. Laughing and joking that he took Britney's virginity.

4 hours ago, Gimme More said:

Imagine defending this trash

I suggest reading the whole thread:

4 hours ago, LaLuna said:

I Mean I Guess Rupaul Charles GIF by VH1

I mean... he apologized, so that's good. I just hope he really means it and that this isn't some fake apology his PR team wrote for him to do damage control. 

I'm one of the people who wanted to cancel him, not gonna lie. His actions towards women have been VERY questionable, to say the least. But if he's really, REALLY willing to own up to his mistakes, learn from them and grow as a person, then I say he deserves to be forgiven. Not by us, but by Britney, Janet and the other women he might have been an a$$hole to.

4 hours ago, Ikonik said:

We gays are gonna cancel every white, sexy and privileged men that we know never would be on our beds and/or never we would look like as hot as them... so, your answer is...

GIF by Morphin

First off Britney's freedom is more important right now but while we're at it, as @Gimme More said, Justin cheated on her FIRST!! Second, he ain't worth any of y'all time to defend. Yes canceling, forcing apologies, etc. can be a mess but I think y'all need to stop lumping every canceling situation and putting out empathy like I'm sorry but he is not worth defending with that personality. The apology is not for us to decide to accept or not since we're not Britney or Janet and to say he's not responsible for their careers but at the end of the day he still got away with his white privileged bum acting like a jerk without being on Janet's side. They're obviously mad because of how he handled those situations. Let's not forget him in the Darren Henson's interview where he exposed that Justin went around to various people and told them to smell his hand after he finally slept with Britney when they were on tour in 1998. Also these:

The post and keep in mind it's not even all of it:

I've called out this raggedy summama***** on numerous occasions over the years, and his sorry fans have tried to clap back and say Justin has done nothing wrong to Britney or to Janet. Well here is your sorry *** boy ADMITTING that he was horrible to Britney and Janet, that he contributed to their downfall, and that he benefits from white straight male privilege.

I don't consider his apology genuine AT ALL, for 3 reasons. First, he's not citing SPECIFICALLY what he did that was wrong. You don't just say "I'm sorry" 15 years later. You say "I'm sorry FOR xyz." He's missing the "for" part so the apology is worthless. Second, he's only doing it now because woke twitter exists now but didn't back then, because credible outlets like the NY Times are covering his behavior but didn't back then, and because his music is now flopping but didn't back then. And three, he is STILL using his white straight male privilege today to enhance his career and harm the career of a black woman - Alisha Wainwright (Justin initiated cheating, yet he is still allowed to promote the movie Palmer on major talk shows but Alisha isn't). So this "apology" is all strategic on Justin's part. He can take his apology and shove it.

Mark my words, Justin Timberlake will continue to use his white straight male privilege to wreak havoc and harm on people of color and women. As God is my witness, I will never take my foot off his neck.

We, the people, will NEVER FORGETJustin's *****assness:
______

Exhibits A-Z:

Justin Timberlake is the biggest culture vulture the world has ever seen. The fact that he wanted everyone to call him an R&B artist, only to then dabble in country saying country is his roots and that he's a man of the woods proves that people were correct to not call him an R&B artist to begin with. He proved our point for us. Remember when he wanted us to believe this was the real him?

https://i.imgur.com/S5PbUYW.jpg

As soon as the Black Lives Matter protests died down and Colin Kaepernick was no longer in the NFL kneeling, Justin sensed safety. He knew his yt country brethren were elated about their Trump presidential win and no longer paying attention to social justice warriors. So Timberlake made the Man of the Woods album. He called it his roots, what he's about, where he's from. He promoted it by yt man dancing in the grasslands of the heartland. He said THIS is who he is (Maya Angelou: When someone shows you who they are, believe them).

But the album flopped. Floppity flop flop flopped. Now in 2020 he's trying to be "black again" by working with Meek Mill, Sza, Lizzo and others. But we ain't here for it. Justin Timberlake is a white man who tried to portray himself as a black man going back and embracing being a white man before he went back to trying to be a black man.

Justin Timberlake sees nothing wrong with appropriating our black culture. He spends so much time around rich, new blacks like Pharrell who tell him he's the greatest and that there's no such thing as black culture or racism. And Justin believes it. He doesn't understand that said new blacks are on his payroll and only telling him what he wants to hear so they can keep getting that check.

When the mitch tweeted "Oh you sweet soul" back to a black man who questioned Justin's sincerity over his supposed love of Jessie Williams' BET Awards speech, Vic Mensa said it best:

(Yall, everytime I link to a video of Vic saying this, Timberlake's team has the video taken down. So I'll post the quote and list a bunch of articles that talk about it)

Vic Mensa, 2016 on The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore: "Our problem here is that Justin Timberlake himself, you know, is definitely benefiting from using black culture for his sound, his dance moves, his dancers and blowing up off of it. But if you roll down Justin Timberlake's Twitter for the past two years, which I just did, you see nothing that supports black people when it's more difficult, when there's a struggle. With everything that's going on and everybody that's been killed by police on camera in the last couple of years, there's no '#BlackLivesMatter,' there's no 'praying for Baltimore,' there's no 'praying for Flint,' you know, because that's a dangerous subject for him to touch. And we're not feeling him being down when it's beneficial to him and turning a blind eye when it could be dangerous."

Billboard: Vic Mensa Calls Out Justin Timberlake for Not Supporting 'Black People When It's More Difficult'
Pitchfork: Vic Mensa Calls Out Justin Timberlake for “Benefiting From Using Black Culture”
Hollywood Reporter: Rapper Vic Mensa Says Justin Timberlake Benefits From Black Culture But Turns a "Blind Eye" When It Matters
Rolling Stone: Vic Mensa: Justin Timberlake ‘Benefits’ From Black Culture

Justin Timberlake's idea of racial profiling is him being called out for winning R&B awards, as he said in this acceptance speech from the AMAs:

Justin Timberlake is ******ic. He likes to abuse people until they're out of sight or dead, and then he tries to rewrite history by placing himself in their songs, property, or circle of friends so he can watch his work from up close. He did it to Michael Jackson. He did it to Prince. Now he's doing it to Janet Jackson - all of our black excellence heroes. Never forget what Justin really thinks of Prince - Justin's part from "Give It To Me" by Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, and Nelly Furtado:

Could you speak up and stop m-m-mumbling
I don't think you're getting clear
If you're sitting on the top, it's hard to hear you from way up here
I saw you trying to act cute on TV, just let me clear the air
We missed you on the charts last week
Damn, that's right, you wasn't there
If s-**** never left, then why's everybody on my shi-i-it
Don't hate on me just because you didn't come up with it
So if you see us in the club, go on and walk the other way
'Cause our run will never be over, not at least until we say

Then Justin has the nerve to try to use a hologram of a dead Prince, against the wishes Prince expressed when he was alive. And Justin had the nerve to host his album listening party at Prince's house at Paisley Park.

And we'll never forget how Justin sold out Janet after nipplegate. The day or so after the Super Bowl nip slip Justin gave this interview, full of *****assness, where he tried to completely clear himself and instead put all blame on Janet:

Man of the Woods / Enemy of the Culture. This is the same guy who went back to perform Rock Your Body at the Super Bowl, trolling the fact that he ruined Janet's career while his grew due to white privilege.

And his deceit started long ago, when he tried to pretend like his solo career and exit from Nsync was his bandmates fault and not a long, planned out thing he'd already been working on. He tried to blame his groupmembers for working on other projects first but he was plotting his break from the group years before.

Similarly, he tried to paint Britney Spears as the lying cheater, yet it's Justin who has been cheating on his wife Jessica Biel. True to character, he let the black woman - Alicia Wainwright - take all the heat. Just like he did with Janet. For the promo tour of his movie Palmer, Justin got to go on the major press avenues like The Ellen Show and Jimmy Fallon. Alisha was kept off.

We also must not forget these Justin Timberlake ******** moments:

*Mocking Britney Spears in his concerts by adlibing during Cry Me A River, singing "I think she's crazy" by Gnarls Barkley and "They tried to make me go to rehab" by Amy Winehouse
*Making an unnecessary and unwanted appearance in the ESPN Michael Jordan documentary Last Dance, pandering and lying, trying to get us to believe that he took on odd jobs as a kid to be able to afford Jordans when he was a child star in the Mickey Mouse Club
*Spitting at a waitress who was just doing her job by bringing him water
*Repeatedly calling Sza "sis" when they were on the Ellen Show
*Kissing Jessica Simpson and then immediately texting Ryan Gosling to say that he won the bet they made years ago about who would kiss Jessica first (Justin may have been dating Cameron Diaz at this time)
*Telling Hot 97 intimate details of him and Britney having oral *** in exchange for Like I Love You spins, saying "I did it. I'm dirty."
*Throwing Janet under the bus after the Super Bowl
*Talking black/white when it's convenient
*Saying of Britney Spears' movie Crossroads: "If she had a clue, she wouldn't have made that movie" (This is a guy who made The Love Guru, In Time, and Runner, Runner)
*Repeatedly dissing Prince: making fun of Prince's height at an awards show, dissing Prince on Timbaland's song Give It To Me
*Telling black audiences MJ is his idol, telling white audiences Johnny Cash is his idol
*Telling black audiences R&B is his roots, telling white audiences country is his roots
*Stealing Usher's style after Usher put out Confessions
*Stealing Bruno Mars' act (and then putting together a band of his own called the Tennessee Kids)
*Inducting MJ into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, then calling him weird re: the child abuse accusations, then calling MJ his idol again when it's time to release an album
*Made the Cry Me A River video, implying Britney cheated, when he was also cheating on her
*Saying what up my ninja to Madonna on twitter
*Bashing Britney when inducting Madonna into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, saying "The world has always been full of Madonna wannabes; I might have even dated a couple"
*Bashing Britney AGAIN during one of his concerts saying "Sometimes in life you think you've found the one; then you find out that she was just a *****."
*Putting out a song called Take Back the Night, completely disrespecting the Take Back the Night movement which aims to combat domestic violence and violence against women.
*Calling the Grammys bull**** but going and performing whenever he has a new album coming out
*In an MTV interview with Sway (back when he was on MTV), referring to black people as ethnic people
*Skipping the Grammys just because The 20/20 Experience didn't get major category nominations (which it shouldn't have because Part 2 sucked)
*Talking about his love for black girls during promo tours but only dating the ytest yt girls (he went on 106 & Park on BET and said he likes "sistas")
*Saying he's been racially profiled at the American Music Awards just because Sarah Silverman called him out
*Saying there's no such thing as black music
*Putting out a Man of the Woods intro video where he's frolicking around with horses and white man dancing in the grasslands. Then getting mad when people called him out for going back to being a white man.
*Throwing shade at Britney Spears by saying if you're doing a Vegas residency, your career is over or near over
*Putting out a fake woke Supplies video where Justin decides to cash in on current movements like Black Lives Matter and Time's Up; the problem is that he's simply not believable
*Working with Woody Allen in a movie, then wearing a Time's Up pin, then tweeting Time's Up while saying his wife is hot
*Saying he doesn't get into that kind of stuff when asked about why he worked with Woody Allen
*Putting out the Say Something song that says sometimes it's better to say nothing at all - at a time when people are speaking up about social justice and ***ual assault
*Mocking homeless people in his wedding video.
*Cheating on his wife Jessica Biel by groping and touching his costar Alisha Wainwright
*Doing Rock Your Body again at the Super Bowl, reminding everyone of what he did to Janet
*Wearing this at the 2018 Super Bowl:

https://i.imgur.com/IvLcmh2.jpg

Then Timberlake wore flannel and camouflage to promote the Man of the Woods album - again trying on costumes and trying to extract all he can from it. Yet, Justin's Man of the Woods album has been universally criticized. Apparently his suppli-i-ies are merely costume flannel, juvenile lyrics that prevent him from really saying something, and a man of the woods imitation that no one is buying. He is 100% fake in everything he says and does, and now the world is finally admitting it. He has never acknowledged his white privilege, which he has benefited from greatly. And he is someone who has no problem repeatedly bashing black legends (Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Prince) and repeatedly bashing women (Janet Jackson, Britney Spears).

For the love of God, the next time this culture vulture prick tries to convince you he's 'down', or 'wit it', or 'woke', or 'black again' (smh), remember that he comes from MAGA Land, has desecrated our black culture, and danced on our black legends' graves. THIS is who he really is (ain't a damn thing black about it):

He is neither authentic, genuine, nor original. He is a mediocre singer and dancer who gets praised like he's excellent due to white privilege. He has been allowed to get away with it because most of his manufactured success (generated by MTV, TRL, Viacom, and Lou Pearlman) came pre-social media and pre-wokeness. But we're hip to the game now. Yall need to memorize this post. Cause what youse hear today, you gotta tell the birthed tomorrow.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/justin-timberlake-apologizes-to-britney-and-janet-jessica-biel-comments.4392357/page-9#post-68437075

Also hopefully one day Kylie clarifies this and is honest:

Him still shading Brit in his 30s:

He made fun of a homeless man in wedding video, list goes on:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&ei=30onYImQK6eo5NoP9L2AyAw&q=the+homeless+man+justin+timberlake&oq=the+homeless+man+jusitn+timberlake&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EANQAFgAYPVbaABwAHgAgAF-iAG9AZIBAzEuMZgBAKoBB2d3cy13aXrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjJ--_x-OXuAhUnFFkFHfQeAMkQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

He dedicated #TIMESUP to his hot wife:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdqlTgtBbYJ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Also I'm not a fan of BuzzFeed but read some more here:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ehisosifo1/justin-timberlake-britney-spears-problematic-moments

Archived