💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hope she does triphop /electronic/acid jazz sound at some point

freebit

Featured Posts

freebit

I feel like Gaga would slay that late 90s, early 00s  sound, like Zero 7, Röyksopp, and Air etc. Like in the case of Zero 7, she could include more jazz influence and it wouldn't sound out-of-place.  Would be a cool, sophisticated sound for her without compromising the electronic pop elements of her musical DNA & would suit her voice & vocal range perfectly (the vocalists are often either straight out jazzy in their vocals, or doing a lighter "pop" voice - which is exactly what she vacillates between). Plus these are often very melancholic subgenres, and she's often at her best when does does melancholy type pop IMO

NFRatwell

I’m actually not into this :bear: Sounds sort of uninspired, like background music. I’m usually very open with Gaga’s next steps, I’d be here for rock, country, jazz, piano songs, even more EDM. But if she made an album like this I’d probably have to ignore it. 

freebit
43 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

I’m actually not into this :bear: Sounds sort of uninspired, like background music. I’m usually very open with Gaga’s next steps, I’d be here for rock, country, jazz, piano songs, even more EDM. But if she made an album like this I’d probably have to ignore it. 

Incidently, it's been shown that chill, low key background-type music does real well on streaming (hence the rise of the whisper singers). Instead of moody R&B, she could give this a modern update while staying her in lane & potentially starting new trends in pop. Disagree that it's boring though. If you get more into the genre, the compositions are so interesting & leaves for more room in playing with notes & all the stuff that gives r/musictheory a boner. She could always throw in some type of Basement Jaxx stuff in there to break up the chill :lolly:

NFRatwell
32 minutes ago, freebit said:

Incidently, it's been shown that chill, low key background-type music does real well on streaming (hence the rise of the whisper singers). Instead of moody R&B, she could give this a modern update while staying her in lane & potentially starting new trends in pop. Disagree that it's boring though. If you get more into the genre, the compositions are so interesting & leaves for more room in playing with notes & all the stuff that gives r/musictheory a boner. She could always throw in some type of Basement Jaxx stuff in there to break up the chill :lolly:

Not really sure this helps your argument, I’m not really here for her to do wonders on streaming and “staying in her lane” :bear: She already reinvented pop music, so that’s not really something I need to see her do again. It’s cool if you like the music though. It doesn’t really strike anything in me, just sounds like background music to a 2000s romcom. If she wanted to a moody jazz sound I’d love if she did something ala Terrence Loves You. 

Archived