Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Chained to the Rhythm MV Dark Concept

Lighter

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Put a black & white filter on it and call it dark.

Stans always say they want "dark music" or "dark concepts" or "dark aesthetics" but I haven't actually seen anyone explaining wtf they mean by that :rip: it sounds like such an abstract and meaningless concept

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Midknight

Woah, semi - off topic. Idk if this was posted before
Now that I'm re-watching the video, I noticed that there's been an error in the final rendering. :koons:

What it should be
cttr2.png

then the whole thing disappeared. It was split seconds

cttr.png

Anderson123

She's always supposed to go dark but suddenly changes her mind last minute about her concepts. It seems more like her team wants to keep her as the colorful popstar instead of taking risks. Chained To The Rhythm is actually one of the few songs I like from her and that concept would've been interesting to see but maybe it was too risky for someone like her. I mean, it's not like the group of general listeners watch the music videos, they usually just stream the songs but still, they probably didn't want Katy to go that way.

I hope she gets to do something like that some day, she has nothing to lose anymore.

Mother of Puppies

I love that song and mv so much...

And yes, I'm a Katycat too. :bear: stone me if u want

200.gif

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Mother of Puppies
48 minutes ago, CubbyGaga said:

I remember when she said Prism was supposed to be dark and edgy.  She’s so scared of going outside of her comfort zone.  And that’s what makes her such a dull artist, unfortunately.

Dude...prism???? You do know that Chained to the rhythm is not on prism! It's witness which is her "darkest" album if u wanna call it that...

I believe she never said prism was dark...

RenegAde
29 minutes ago, Jill said:

Stans always say they want "dark music" or "dark concepts" or "dark aesthetics" but I haven't actually seen anyone explaining wtf they mean by that :rip: it sounds like such an abstract and meaningless concept

Its literally the most annoying thing in stan culture . Its like they think dark and meaningful are synonymus 

8 minutes ago, NickyPuppy said:

Dude...prism???? You do know that Chained to the rhythm is not on prism! It's witness which is her "darkest" album if u wanna call it that...

I believe she never said prism was dark...

She did, back in the day. 

Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, swakby said:

She did, back in the day. 

Really? Source? :bear:

I mean the word and concept for "dark" is very subjective anyway. For each person this can mean something else... so who are we to judge.

FentyGa
1 hour ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Instead she play it safe by doing the godd*mn same thing and it didnt work. The beginning of a downhill chart performance 

it’s actually kind of the opposite:huntyga:

she started flopping because she did a serious, political song, and a more mature record. had she done more bubblegum pop, fun music, she would’ve been successful still. that’s what people go to katy for, they expect fun, radio music they can put in the background. she lost her audience by trying to mature.

FentyGa
49 minutes ago, Jill said:

the fame monster, born this way

basically songs in minor and dark visuals, religious/satanic references, etc

which is pretty basic and has been done before, but that’s what they want

Archived