❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

My problem with Vox Lux's soundtrack is that it's too unoriginal...

Focus

Featured Posts

• Focus changed the title to My problem with Vox Lux's soundtrack is that it's too unoriginal...
Sorcerer

I haven't forgotten their Twitter account throwing shade to ASIB

Even movies aren't safe with the Gaga curse :ally:

8 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think you're the only person who remembers this movie.

it's still quite a popular topic in the sia community given that the tracks are mostly her recycled unreleased :huntyga:

Mr Ricky
15 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think you're the only person who remembers this movie.

What movie? :bear:

Crossfit

GagaSine

I didn’t hate that movie, I liked a lot of the stylistic choices but it never seemed very clear what message the movie was trying to say. Is it saying that pop music is vapid and stupid and how it can damage the lives of the artists, or does it just seem that way because of the bad execution? Even if that was the intended meaning it was a bit too subtle/they could have done a better job.

I like the director because he’s involved in several movies I really enjoy but tbh he’s not even a particularly good actor either.

HausOfAntonio

Natalie is great in the movie tbf it just fails to land on anything new or exciting... and the music is DIABOLICAL. But also not self aware enough to be parodic :laughga:

androiduser

I think the music was supposed to sound unoriginal and childish and uninspired.... the pop star portrayed in the movie is a self absorbed mess who can't get out of the image that was created for her as a teen pop star.

RAMROD

You should have left this in 2016, gurl! 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

25 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

this movie was creepy and weird

Exactly, I don’t know what their goal was with this movie tbh.

🌹 free britney 🌹

elijahfan
30 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

Even movies aren't safe with the Gaga curse :ally:

I don't think the comparison is super fair... It was a small indie film, it didn't stand much of a chance in the first place. I personally really enjoyed both the film and its soundtrack, and found Natalie stellar in it. It was never really expected to be big outside of the festival circuit.

Archived