💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sarah Silverman refuses to apologize for mocking Britney and her kids

Bambino

Featured Posts

dynamite

I didn't find what she said funny and I doubt she'd say it now... But people need to find something better to do with their lives instead of digging up old comments, jokes, whatever. But as usual, it's the insufferable Twitter.

Nobody is entitled to force an apology out of someone.

Like oh my god, dO beTteR sAraH siLverMan, you're so toxic and also problematic! /s

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings

I'm just going to chime in with the other people. EVERYONE was roasting Britney 10+ years ago and now are all of a sudden acting like saints. It's OK to acknowledge that the jokes from the past were inappropriate, but don't start canceling people when they were doing the exact same sh1t you were doing back then. 

vyniildisk
6 minutes ago, Batwings said:

I'm just going to chime in with the other people. EVERYONE was roasting Britney 10+ years ago and now are all of a sudden acting like saints. It's OK to acknowledge that the jokes from the past were inappropriate, but don't start canceling people when they were doing the exact same sh1t you were doing back then. 

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

NewYorkGirl

If we’re condemning Sarah for the jokes that she was forced to say, are we also condemning everyone there laughing at them? Is saying sorry gonna do literally anything for Britney in present day? I don’t think so. It’s an inappropriate joke from 14 years ago. Worry about **** that matters. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

dynamite
Just now, NewYorkGirl said:

If we’re condemning Sarah for the jokes that she was forced to say, are we also condemning everyone there laughing at them? Is saying sorry gonna do literally anything for Britney in present day? I don’t think so. It’s an inappropriate joke from 14 years ago. Worry about **** that matters. 

I bet some people are using face recognition software to hunt down and expose the audience members too :bear:

MonsterofFame

I don't blame her for this. The 2000's were MTV at their peak nastiness. A lot of their content was built on making fun of, belittling, and destroying others for a laugh.

Should we have Eminem apologize since every one of his songs had homophobic slurs in it at the time?

Should we have MTV apologize for humiliating nerds on shows like "Made" for entertainment while promoting the Barbie dolls of The Hills?

I just accept it as a sign of the times. But they won't get a pass if they do it today. 

gypsy101

ehhh these ones are definitely not the worst jokes i’ve ever heard about Britney. a bit rude though sure but she’s right, she did do a lot of roasts back then

OysterBaby

Good for her. She doesn’t need to apologize... and you’re allowed to be butthurt about it! That’s what is beautiful about America :)

thehanyo

People need to stop removing things out of context. What happened to Britney was completely acceptable by the culture at the time. Nearly EVERYONE was culpable back then. Very few people spoke out. 

Also, for a long time, comics were granted permission to say the edgiest things as an exercise in free speech. The culture has changed since then, and Sarah Silverman has changed along with it.

Cookie Tookie

Ummmm how many years ago was this? Imagine digging this up just to try and cancel a comedian’s career. We all know Sarah isn’t funny, but if you can’t handle a roast, then don’t watch it.

holy scheisse

Sarah Silverman is a good person with good intentions and moralistic values. Anybody who follows her knows that. EVERYBODY was tearing britney down back then and it is not/was not okay. BUt unfortunately that's how it was, and we have made a lot of advancements culturally. I know Sarah wouldn't do that nowadays. 

Borislshere
1 hour ago, Cssomeone said:

saturday night live snowflakes GIF by HULU

Poor the United State of America, you love bragging about free speech, so enjoy it while you can cause pretty soon any comment or joke might be categorized as hate speech

Considering the person asking Sarah to apologize isn't even american, lol what?

Oriane

I can find a lot of controversial stuff and dark humor funny, but this wasn't it. It was just mean.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived