💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga’s patriotism bother you?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

This is an honest question for the majority of people who express their negative opinions about the US. Gaga is obviously a huge supporter of our country’s unified “image”, and she’s expressed her patriotism throughout her career. She’s not afraid of getting close with politicians or showing her support for our military. Does this bother any of you, and has it ever made you want to unstan? I’m honestly curious because there are a handful of members on here who love to criticize America and Americans every chance they get. Do you chose to ignore her patriotism? I mean this is the same woman who said “I want them to remember how awesome America is... how awesome we are as a country... we’re still number one” (GMA interview).     

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

I love it tbh, I feel even more patriotic now with Trump kicked out of the White house and more hopeful for my country! I'm sure that's how she feels now as well.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

NFRatwell
Just now, Monsterabriel said:

I love it tbh, I feel even more patriotic now with Trump kicked out of the White house and more hopeful for my country!

I’m personally not bothered by it too, because if I was in her position I’d be doing the same thing. But I’m also not overly cynical of Americans like many on this site, so my question is more for them. 

Let's bring out the rolladex of atrocities literally every other nation has had more time than the U.S. to conjure up and you tell me :huntyga:

Reality

No, because her patriotism stands for something else. I usually hate any kind of patriotism because it seems narcissistic, but we know where Gaga stands on the issues. There's a difference between how Gaga views America and how Trump supporters view America. 

🃏🖤👹

Chromatica Island
Just now, NFRatwell said:

I’m personally not bothered by it too, because if I was in her position I’d be doing the same thing. But I’m also not overly cynical of Americans like many on this site, so my question is more for them. 

Yeah, they bother me too, it can come off as rude to me.

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, Reality said:

No, because her patriotism stands for something else. I usually hate any kind of patriotism because it seems narcissistic, but we know where Gaga stands on the issues. There's a difference between how Gaga views America and how Trump supporters view America. 

I agree, the Trump supporters bastardized the word patriot.

Chromatography

no. it’s not like she says that the county is fine and dandy anyway, she knows there’s big areas for improvement 

NFRatwell
6 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

Yeah, they bother me too, it can come off as rude to me.

It’s the over generalization that really gets me. We are a country as physically large as Europe, and our most populous state has more people living in it that Canada. I think many people just don’t really understand America or the diversity of thought we have, their only perception of it being from the handful of idiots that make the news, paired with four years of an administration that didn’t even win the popular vote. I’m surprised these people this thread is directed to haven’t responded yet. 

Chromatican

No, she is not overly nationalistic she is just Patriotic in the way progressive Democrats are. 

ShayCristoforo

She really promotes the kind of nation that she dreams about. Which helps empower, equalize and comfort people. But not everyone needs a generic pat on the back. I cringe when people talk about the USA being the best country. Just say ‘we CAN be the best.’

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Cavadour

She loves her country (and Italy). Who doesn't really ? But she also fight against issues in her own beloved place.

This is a respectable kind of patriotism, imho.

Not to be confused with chauvinism or nationalism.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived