đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The Super Bowl stadium is packed

Lighter

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

Because you’re equating “Trump Culture” with “American Culture”. What do you not understand? 

I not once mentioned Trump. 

I am speaking about American culture, as in how a majority or many in a group behave. The attitude of the nation, of our lifestyle. How and why we decide to do or not do something. What we believe or don't believe. What we trust or don't trust.

All of these things have impacted our response to the pandemic and made us #1 in the world. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I not once mentioned Trump. 

I am speaking about American culture, as in how a majority or many in a group behave. The attitude of the nation, of our lifestyle. How and why we decide to do or not do something. What we believe or don't believe. What we trust or don't trust.

All of these things have impacted our response to the pandemic and made us #1 in the world. 

But that’s where it becomes innacurate. For example, The response to the pandemic in Florida, is completely different then the response in NC. And that’s in the same geographical section of the country. Charlotte kicked out the Republican National convention this year due to being responsible, while Florida took its place and had it in Jacksonville. North Carolina’s response is not even close to the same as Florida. Yet, you want to put them together? It’s just not accurate. It’s a lack of critical thinking- and replacing it with generalizing. The culture of Rhode Island is not the same as Mississippi. And so on..

Morphine Prince
27 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

But that’s where it becomes innacurate. For example, The response to the pandemic in Florida, is completely different then the response in NC. And that’s in the same geographical section of the country. Charlotte kicked out the Republican National convention this year due to being responsible, while Florida took its place and had it in Jacksonville. North Carolina’s response is not even close to the same as Florida. Yet, you want to put them together? It’s just not accurate. It’s a lack of critical thinking- and replacing it with generalizing. The culture of Rhode Island is not the same as Mississippi. And so on..

I am speaking of the US as a whole, we are #1. 

We are #1 for many reasons. 

You're speaking about states, I could easily say you are generalizing. Urban and rural areas are different too and have been impacted differently.

You are just gaslighting to avoid the criticism I have of this country. 

Lion Heart

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

I am speaking of the US as a whole, we are #1. 

We are #1 for many reasons. 

You're speaking about states, I could easily say you are generalizing. Urban and rural areas are different too and have been impacted differently.

You are just gaslighting to avoid the criticism I have of this country. 

You’re literally admitting the cultural differences between urban and rural areas. C’mon now. Now you see how rediculous it is to judge a country this large as a whole, when you know good and well, not everyone thinks, acts, looks, reacts the same culturally. 

Morphine Prince
48 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

You’re literally admitting the cultural differences between urban and rural areas. C’mon now. Now you see how rediculous it is to judge a country this large as a whole, when you know good and well, not everyone thinks, acts, looks, reacts the same culturally. 

ridiculous* 

Notice how you’ve spent all of this discussion on generalizations instead of tackling the issue at hand which is: People gathering at a super-spreader event. 

The US is #1 in the world for COVID and that is a FACT. 

I believe it is due to how people in this country behave due to different factors. 

We can waste time arguing at which level this happens: Country, state, county, city, zip code, neighborhood

It doesn’t ****ing matter because we are still #1 in cases AND deaths. 

And things won’t change if people like you can’t acknowledge the culture of indifference and non-action that plagues this country. 

Hey Morphine Prince,

You keep saying that "the US is #1 in COVID" and that is a FACT.  What evidence do you to have to support this?

Keep in mind that countries vary a lot in population so you can't just assert that the US has more #s of COVID cases and deaths.  The US has more people than most other countries.  You have to compare countries by per capita cases and deaths.  

According to the latest data from the New York Times, the US has had over the entire pandemic 8,177 cases per 100,000 people.  That does not rank #1 in the world.  But since the survival rate of COVID is so high and rates of testing vary widely, the real measure of the disaster of the pandemic is deaths.  According to Johns Hopkins' Coronavirus Resource Center, the US has had to date 141.65 deaths per 100,000 people, which ranks #8 in the world, not #1.

There's nothing commendable in being in the top 10 in the world in COVID deaths, but if we're dealing in facts, the facts are simply that the US is NOT #1 in cases or deaths.  

I think it's true that it's part of the historical character of the US that people are skeptical of government and resistant to authority and regulations.  This resistance by some Americans to government lockdowns and calls for things like mask-wearing may have indeed contributed to our numbers of cases and deaths.  There are anecdotal stories of people who refused to wear a mask, even said that the virus is a "hoax" and then they ended up infected.  There are anecdotal stories of people who wore masks all the time and still got infected.  I think a lot of our bad numbers can also be attributed to the high rates of obesity, diabetes and other health problems in the US.

But as others have noted, the US is a nation of 50 states of widely different character.  Some states have implemented pervasive lockdowns, school closures, mask mandates, etc.  Some haven't.  According to your argument that a selfish American culture is to blame for the high numbers of COVID cases and deaths, then you should be able to show that the states that implemented strict lockdowns (like California) are far better off than states that have had fewer lockdowns, open schools and less restrictions (like Florida).  But there isn't evidence of this at all.  Florida isn't really much worse than California in many respects and is better off in some.

There will certainly be years of debate over how our federal system, our ongoing health issues, how the character of various regions of the country contributed to the success or failure of the US response to the pandemic.  We certainly can't say the US response has been a great success.  But to say that the US has handled the pandemic worse than any other country is simply wrong.   

1 hour ago, kurtz said:

Hey Morphine Prince,

You keep saying that "the US is #1 in COVID" and that is a FACT.  What evidence do you to have to support this?

Keep in mind that countries vary a lot in population so you can't just assert that the US has more #s of COVID cases and deaths.  The US has more people than most other countries.  You have to compare countries by per capita cases and deaths.  

According to the latest data from the New York Times, the US has had over the entire pandemic 8,177 cases per 100,000 people.  That does not rank #1 in the world.  But since the survival rate of COVID is so high and rates of testing vary widely, the real measure of the disaster of the pandemic is deaths.  According to Johns Hopkins' Coronavirus Resource Center, the US has had to date 141.65 deaths per 100,000 people, which ranks #8 in the world, not #1.

There's nothing commendable in being in the top 10 in the world in COVID deaths, but if we're dealing in facts, the facts are simply that the US is NOT #1 in cases or deaths.  

I think it's true that it's part of the historical character of the US that people are skeptical of government and resistant to authority and regulations.  This resistance by some Americans to government lockdowns and calls for things like mask-wearing may have indeed contributed to our numbers of cases and deaths.  There are anecdotal stories of people who refused to wear a mask, even said that the virus is a "hoax" and then they ended up infected.  There are anecdotal stories of people who wore masks all the time and still got infected.  I think a lot of our bad numbers can also be attributed to the high rates of obesity, diabetes and other health problems in the US.

But as others have noted, the US is a nation of 50 states of widely different character.  Some states have implemented pervasive lockdowns, school closures, mask mandates, etc.  Some haven't.  According to your argument that a selfish American culture is to blame for the high numbers of COVID cases and deaths, then you should be able to show that the states that implemented strict lockdowns (like California) are far better off than states that have had fewer lockdowns, open schools and less restrictions (like Florida).  But there isn't evidence of this at all.  Florida isn't really much worse than California in many respects and is better off in some.

There will certainly be years of debate over how our federal system, our ongoing health issues, how the character of various regions of the country contributed to the success or failure of the US response to the pandemic.  We certainly can't say the US response has been a great success.  But to say that the US has handled the pandemic worse than any other country is simply wrong.   

But he’s worked so hard on this narrative. 

You are correct, per capita, the US  is not number one. I do not think the Trump administration handled it correctly- but I don’t think blaming American culture in general, and not placing the blame where it actually counts is productive. He used this as an opportunity to hand out his feelings about “American culture”-when really he should have been blaming the Trump Administration. 

Morphine Prince
18 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

But he’s worked so hard on this narrative. 

You are correct, per capita, the US  is not number one. I do not think the Trump administration handled it correctly- but I don’t think blaming American culture in general, and not placing the blame where it actually counts is productive. He used this as an opportunity to hand out his feelings about “American culture”-when really he should have been blaming the Trump Administration. 

#8 per capita, what a success! My narrative is defeated! All hail America the land of the free!

Is this what you want to hear? 

Morphine Prince

And yes, the US is #1 in deaths. Maybe not per capita, but in total deaths, it absolutely is and by A LOT. 

Archived