Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga the Queen of Body Positivity

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

I recently read an article about body shamers & body positivity... and there are more and more accounts on instagram that actually address this topic too which then led me to think about that Gaga has also spoken about this years ago...

And she also had to deal with body shamers before (Super Bowl) I mean y'all know that story lol

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-gaga-explains-why-she-responded-to-body-shamers

I believe a lot of people were also offended by these mean comments, because if she is already being body shamed for her athletic body, what the hell would these people say about me, right?

I really liked this article too  "3 Body Image Lessons From Lady Gaga"

https://www.haileyrowe.com/lady-gaga/

I also remember this insta post a few years back. And also as soon as you do a different pose (like on the pic above) you have to explain yourself why you can see the ribs, which is natural in that position. I think people need to learn how a body looks like in certain positions... I sometimes wonder if people don't look at their bodies while they move, sit or stretch. :bear:

Lady-Gaga.jpglady-gaga-600-32.jpg&q=85

Another thing I love is that she doesn't hide her stretch marks! When I saw that picture I read some of the comments (which I dont do these days anymore) but most of them were very positive... and apparently a lot of people can relate and are happy to see a celeb that shows this off and does not care what people think. (And she has the money to   have them removed, right?)

What I'm trying to say is: For a lot of young girls (and boys) this is a difficult topic... I have stretch marks on my thighs and gosh... I had such a hard time when I was a teenager ... there was one summer when I was like 15, where I would literally not wear short pants and I did not go swimming with my friends, because I was sooooo ashamed... I would find excuses why I couldn't go with them, just out of pure shame. Shame for something that was not my fault...something that is natural, but I felt like I was the only one and that this is not "normal" and I was afraid that people would make fun of me.

If I had seen that my favorite pop star has the same "issue" that I have, that would have helped me a lot. (Sadly she wasn't a star yet when I was 15) :ohwell:

So I think in that sense (and of course there are other reasons too) she is a great role model for young people and she doesn't even realize that it is something as trivial as this.

lg_main.jpg?itok=FcFYZcw2

https://www.ohmymag.co.uk/celeb/these-celebs-arent-afraid-to-show-their-stretch-marks_art6840.html

This actually reminds me of a german model that just showed off her bit of "hair" on her upper lip... and some people freaked out because of this lol

What do you think about this topic? I hope in the future that body positivity will be talked about more and that real bodies become the new "normal"... like it's ok to have flaws... we all have them and it shouldn't be a big deal.

My insecurities as I said above were my stretch marks; and I say "were" because I am not ashamed of it anymore... I'm not saying that I "love" them on me just yet (I could live without them :ladyhaha:) ( strangely I don't mind them on other people at all) but Gaga has really had an impact on me with her saying that we should love ourselves...

Do you have any (physical) insecurities?

(PS: I have a whole list of insecurities and I'm sure Gaga has some more too and it's ok to be insecure sometimes.. we all are... we should just not let it rule our life and by talking about it I think we can help each other)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LUCARTPOP
4 minutes ago, NickyPuppy said:

Do you have any (physical) insecurities?

The question is which insecurities do I not have... :(

LaLuna

I have stretch marks on my boobs too and I have to say, seeing Gaga proudly display hers does make me feel better about my body.

Perfection is overrated people :firega:

Mother of Puppies
3 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I have stretch marks on my boobs too and I have to say, seeing Gaga proudly display hers does make me feel better about my body.

See? That's what I mean... Just by being confident with her so called "flaws" by society she helps us because she accepts it and shows it off. We need more people like that...

perfection is a perfect illusion.

Mother of Puppies
22 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

The question is which insecurities do I not have... :(

Everybody has insecurities, which is why it's important to talk about it, so we don't have to be insecure anymore, because we then realize that some of us share the same "flaws" and "insecurities" which then makes it more "normal" and we don't feel so alone with that anymore... right?

Don't forget when she performed on the biggest platform in America (superbowl halftime show). She had the choice to workout to make her body perfectly skinny. But no. She preferred to show off her belly for a reason. She wanted to tell to the world that it's perfectly fine to have what the society perceived as "flaws".

giphy.gif

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Chrissy Teigen annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I did appreciate when she posted a close up of her stretch marks bc you never see them in her photoshoots. It's very easy to assume these celebs have perfect skin and bodies. I've had stretch marks since I was 13. I was super skinny and it was literally just from growing. There is this myth that you either gave to be very overweight or have had pregnancies to get stretch marks. Lol no. Almost everyone gets them unless you are insanely lucky like my mother who had 5 kids and zero stretch marks lol but then she did get varicose veins that always looked so painful to me so everybody has their imperfections. I'm glad Gaga is so free and unashamed about it all. 

I love my stretch marks, always did since a kid until I read an article that was about how to get rid of stretch marks and then people who would say "it's okay to have stretch marks" and then I wodnered, is it ok to have stretch marks? should i get rid of my stretch marks? then i started doing a coffee scrub thinking it would get rid of it, then a special oil, then one time at the beach the ocean waves kinda reminded me of my own stretch marks, beautiful waves, it's almost like a tattoo a beautiful drawing on your skin, so then it confrmed to me that yes it's fine for me and it might not be fine for others though

Mother of Puppies
6 minutes ago, Beatboom said:

Chrissy Teigen annoys the hell out of me sometimes but I did appreciate when she posted a close up of her stretch marks bc you never see them in her photoshoots. It's very easy to assume these celebs have perfect skin and bodies. I've had stretch marks since I was 13. I was super skinny and it was literally just from growing. There is this myth that you either gave to be very overweight or have had pregnancies to get stretch marks. Lol no. Almost everyone gets them unless you are insanely lucky like my mother who had 5 kids and zero stretch marks lol but then she did get varicose veins that always looked so painful to me so everybody has their imperfections. I'm glad Gaga is so free and unashamed about it all. 

OMG...yessss... exactly my life story! I got them also because I grew very fast in a short amount of time... and I swear my Mom does not have a single stretch mark. Zero, nothing, nada. Not one! She had 2 kids (me and my sis) and then there is me... no kids...

I also did have some minor weight struggles here and there ( like Gaga) but I got these stretch marks before that... we're just talking about 6-7 kg that I sometimes put on and then lost again... so nothing that could be considered "overweight" which I have never been... but still having stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs...

and yes, I have seen that post by Chrissy Teigen... and I thought that was super cool of her to show it off!

40 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

and I have to say and I think many r insecure about it but saggy boobs r also very attractive, so whoever has saggy boobs u look good af, especially with a halter top thats just my opinion tho. what people, articles, media write as flaws u should fix i find a lot of it is very cute and attractive if not hot. The media sometimes by thinking they are helping women with their bodies, they r doin the opposite. Im sure many would not even think twice about their celullite if the media didnt even mention it shuld be something to get rid of

vyniildisk

One insecurity that i had was my acné / pimples but thanks to a little bit of research and testing / failing with skin routines i left it behind and finally achieve healthy skin. 

I do agree, Gaga is the queen of body positivity and i love the message that she gave after the superbowl :heart:

SharkmanthaC

I love the message she gives but also that she stands behind it in her videos and such. Especially recently, she has shown dancers and MUAs of all sizes, colors, genders, and we love to see it. 

she/her/hers

Mother of Puppies
Just now, Dulo Peep said:

One insecurity that i had was my acné / pimples but thanks to a little bit of research and testing / failing with skin routines i left it behind and finally achieve healthy skin. 

I do agree, Gaga is the queen of body positivity and i love the message that she gave after the superbowl :heart:

my skin was also one of my other insecurities too... I never had acne, but I always had skin problems... I sometimes still have a few "imperfections" here and there, but I found the right products now too and don't wanna complain about it anymore. Perfection does not exist. It's an illusion.

The other day on instagram I read a comment by someone asking how to get rid of pores... people also need to realize that a human body or the skin consists of pores.

I think this is mainly because of photoshopped pictures and magazine covers...or super model close ups that show us perfect skin... that is not reality.

(Although Gaga has a very good skin - but even she does have pores and I love that she doesn't use filters on her insta pics that often)

21 minutes ago, C1trus said:

Don't forget when she performed on the biggest platform in America (superbowl halftime show). She had the choice to workout to make her body perfectly skinny. But no. She preferred to show off her belly for a reason. She wanted to tell to the world that it's perfectly fine to have what the society perceived as "flaws".

giphy.gif

What got me about this was that she wasn't even out of shape. How distorted does your view have to be to think that? it's a SUPER tight and firm fabric on a perfectly healthy woman. My roommate at the time remarked about her "paunch" and I was like, "this woman literally just sang and danced her heart out for 15 minutes and the only thing you can talk about is that?" with all these folks I'm like, you couldn't have done this even in your "fitness" so don't come for her here just doing her thing. gay male misogyny is gross.

Archived