Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga’s Family Member was Hospitalized During Pandemic

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

OMonster
Just now, littlepotter said:

Yall will not let one opportunity pass without being self righteous and preachy :rip: stop making people feel bad for daring to want music content. I swear i can't go into any thread without seeing people either complain about gaga or people complainig about complaining about gaga. Can i just enjoy one thread for what it's actually about??? And let's not talk about how either sides are always being dishonest about the other. Like what you're saying doesn't even make sense considering that she had no problem promoting other things, which i mean good for her! but don't say she was too depressed to talk about her music 

This is the point I was trying to make... only you made it clearer. Thanks!

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PawsUpJago
12 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Oh, that's very sad news. I hope she is okay, and that her relative soon recovers. 

I think the 'pile-on' in this thread is totally unnecessary, though. 

Fans of an artist are allowed to express disappointment when they don't deliver what they usually do. 

That's not to say we shouldn't consider Gaga's personal life - we should, in this context - but to expect fans to not express their disappointment on the basis of unknown troubles is a bit unreasonable, in my opinion. 

There's no need to make certain fans feel guilty right now, when they (obviously) didn't know the reason for Gaga's silence. That's unkind and emotionally manipulative. 

I genuinely question if these "fans" who treat her like she is a machine have any capability to feel empathy though so it shouldn't bother those people 😂

You brushing this off and enabling this behaviour to continue is part of the problem, this isn't the first time something like this has happened and then the "awww noo" moment comes, and then nothing changes. So people just be claiming ignorance when the ethos should have remained the same. Some people just lack a certain level of empathy and that's on them. 

10 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Yall will not let one opportunity pass without being self righteous and preachy :rip: stop making people feel bad for daring to want music content. I swear i can't go into any thread without seeing people either complain about gaga or people complainig about complaining about gaga. Can i just enjoy one thread for what it's actually about??? And let's not talk about how either sides are always being dishonest about the other. Like what you're saying doesn't even make sense considering that she had no problem promoting other things, which i mean good for her! but don't say she was too depressed to talk about her music 

I wasn't being self-righteous, I was just stating that we ALL need to do better as a fanbase instead of constantly tearing down the artist that we love especially during a time like this. 

If that as so much bothers you then that's on you. :bye:

edit: also i'm not sure if you read what I wrote properly because you're literally putting words in my mouth but anyways...

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Peroxide555

Oh jeez... obviously people were speculating something was wrong, myself included.

This makes a lot more sense, she clearly had more pressing things to worry about than promoting an album... a part of me wishes she announced a formal break and took some legitimate time off.

Poor Gaga.

17 minutes ago, OMonster said:

That's not to say we shouldn't consider Gaga's personal life - we should, in this context - but to expect fans to not express their disappointment on the basis of unknown troubles is a bit unreasonable, in my opinion. 

There's no need to make certain fans feel guilty right now, when they (obviously) didn't know the reason for Gaga's silence. That's unkind and emotionally manipulative. 

I think the main reason for all the "told you so's" is that for quite a while now whenever anyone tried to defend Gaga by saying that something was probably going on we got called blind stans, cupcakes, delusional and lmao'ed. Fans should consider that they know like 1% of what's actually going on with Gaga in ALL contexts. 

You're right that we have no way of knowing her personal life, but whenever something weird has been going on with Gaga and explanation always comes out. But fans then forget that and start dragging her again the next time, rinse and repeat. We should be the ones giving her the benefit of the doubt, always, even if we're disappointed, instead of jumping straight to, oh I guess she's a lazy sellout. 

PawsUpJago

The victim mentality is real on here girls... 😂 

Getting defensive over this ain't a cute look. 

Can't wait til the next time this exact same pattern happens like Groundhog Day. 

I hate to see this poor woman get dragged when she has given so many of us so much joy, that joy she has given to us seems to be so easy to drop for some of you

LastNight

I think it's understandable as fans to hope for more content from your favourite artist, what isn't right is the relentlessly demanding attitude some people have, and being wilfully ignorant when others suggest logical reasons for her silence.

It's been a crazy, crazy year - legitimately crazy. Gaga is very privileged but she's also just a person - she's fallible, her friends and family are too; she gets anxious, stressed, depressed like the rest of us. She feels the pressure of social media like the rest of us, she needs to take a break like the rest of us. Working under these conditions is taking it's toll on most people, let alone someone who has the public watching her every move, who is responsible for the livelihoods of her team and has a record company relying on the success of she and the other artists on their roster. It's not always about what's being said, it's the way it's being said: it's a forum for fans, of course we want to talk about her work and what's going on, but sometimes the way people deliver their opinions just straight up sucks.

It's very easy to compare and complain, but too often some fans refuse to think about the amount of work that goes into a career like Gaga's, let alone the fact that she has a personal life. I think we should feel a sense of pride that despite everything going on, she has dedicated her time and leveraged her privilege to do real, tangible good in the world this past year. 

I hope her family member is doing ok and I hope she is too. The past 12 months have been such a wake up call and this is just another reminder that life is precious and fragile.

OMonster
7 minutes ago, PawsUpJago said:

I genuinely question if these "fans" who treat her like she is a machine have any capability to feel empathy though so it shouldn't bother those people 😂

You brushing this off and enabling this behaviour to continue is part of the problem, this isn't the first time something like this has happened and then the "awww noo" moment comes, and then nothing changes. So people just be claiming ignorance when the ethos should have remained the same. Some people just lack a certain level of empathy and that's on them. 

I think my point is that 'this behaviour' will always continue when the majority of fans are consumers and want to consume content.

Most fans don't necessarily consider Gaga's personal life at all times - and that's perfectly reasonable (and normal), to be honest.

It might sound harsh to those of us who connect to Gaga on a deeper level (which is maybe less normal, considering we don't actually know her) - but we can't expect every fan to sit down and think deeply about the implications of wanting content from a pop star... let alone attack them for just being... well... fans?

subtext / fantasy

littlepotter
3 minutes ago, mamo said:

I wasn't being self-righteous, I was just stating that we ALL need to do better as a fanbase instead of constantly tearing down the artist that we love especially during a time like this. 

If that as so much bothers you then that's on you. :bye:

2 minutes ago, PawsUpJago said:

The victim mentality is real on here girls... 😂 

Getting defensive over this ain't a cute look. 

Can't wait til the next time this exact same pattern happens like Groundhog Day. 

I hate to see this poor woman get dragged when she has given so many of us so much joy, that joy she has given to us seems to be so easy to drop for some of you

So your solution for reducing hate on this forum is tearing other people down, calling them shitty, starting more fights and blame and division. I'm sure Gaga would love this. 

chaeri pls

RenegAde
21 minutes ago, OMonster said:

What is really unkind is all the threads that were made questioning gagas credibility, artistic drive and sincerity  ,people borderline bashed her without thinking for a second if something was really off behind the scenes .

Its all fair game now

2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

we can't expect every fan to sit down and think deeply about the implications of wanting content from a pop star

Actually, we can, she has a two hour long Netflix documentary which whole message is "please don't harass me, I have things going on that you don't know about" :awkney: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

littlepotter
Just now, RenegAde said:

What is really unkind is all the threads that were made questioning gagas credibility, artistic drive and sincerity  ,people borderline bashed her without thinking for a second if something was really off behind the scenes .

Its all fair game now

Why do you expect people on a Gaga forum to not discuss Gaga as an artist? The victim mentality, like your friend mentioned above, is with people interpreting every slight critical thing as "bashing", and "attack" or a "teardown." Some of those threads were unacceptable but some of them were worded as respectfully as possible

chaeri pls

ALGAYDO
7 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

So your solution for reducing hate on this forum is tearing other people down, calling them shitty, starting more fights and blame and division. I'm sure Gaga would love this. 

Calling people out for being shítty =/= tearing people down :bear:

51 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Like what you're saying doesn't even make sense considering that she had no problem promoting other things, which i mean good for her! but don't say she was too depressed to talk about her music 

...like what? The 2 photoshoots for Haus Labs? The selfies showing off makeup? The video where she's literally lying down in a bed reacting to a packet of Oreos? The Tudor and Valentino content that were shot a year ago? The book that she only wrote a foreword for?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• CyanLights changed the title to Lady Gaga’s Family Member was Hospitalized During Pandemic

Archived