💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Grammys : many performances are likely to be pre-recorded

Teletubby

Featured Posts

PlastiscGuy
30 minutes ago, sarcamstic said:

why does something have to be deep for it to get grammy noms? :bear: can’t it literally just be something fun? :selena:

Well, the writing, vocalization and production should be at least decent to be even considered for a nom, but it's the Scammys we're talking about :laughga:

PG.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican

No Chromatica AOTY noms or Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTY nom? This and snubbing the weeknd is why people don't take the Scammys seriously anymore. They are all about awarding mediocrity lately.

primalinea
1 hour ago, Earthfan said:

Also, whilst Future Nostalgia is the best pop album nominated, it doesn't compare to Chromatica in the slightest. Nothing on FN production wise is groundbreaking, inspired or relatively new/innovative :laughga: 

On top of that, she's probably been the only musician that's been extremely problematic in travelling during a pandemic and she should absolutely be called out on it/dealt with appropriately imo. SMH

:party::applause:

JustTea
3 hours ago, Regina George said:

I am not using it as something that is "good" I am just saying that Chromatica was not nominated because for whatever reason they didn't vote for it. I am Gaga's fan and I've been her fan for 12 years but I honestly don't believe this album deserves to be nominated. Concept is amazing, message is amazing but in comparison with other albums it just isn't as well executed. 

59 minutes ago, sarcamstic said:

i think that people are laying into regina george & dua for no reason really. so what if they share a different opinion? i don’t think chromatica deserved an AOTY nom either & i’m a gaga stan since 2009/2010 :laughga: like, don’t get me wrong, chromatica is FANTASTIC. it really did the damn thing, but it was lacking some sort of “completeness” in a sense. future nostalgia delivered a full era though, with remixes, with videos, with performances... and while that isn’t factored into AOTY, it really solidified future nostalgia as one of my top albums in such a bleak year, and personally, i think that deserves a nom

They way you both see FN as an AOTY worthy because it had so many music videos, remixes, promo and payola... :smh:

I thought the idea of AOTY is about the lyrics, vocals, production, experiments and concept as a whole. That's what makes Chromatica superior, but you are too blind to see it without countless singles and music videos.

Chromatica is full of bops, non-skip and amazing opera-like unique structure that could be seen as a musical. Meanwhile FN is basic pop record which has some bad songs in it too, but it had more exposure and way more singles, still didn't hit #1 nor sell more than Chromatica in the US.

--> Grammys should care about music, not the bling. :icega:

sarcamstic
1 minute ago, JustTea said:

They way you both see FN as an AOTY worthy because it had so many music videos, remixes, promo and payola... :smh:

I thought the idea of AOTY is about the lyrics, vocals, production, experiments and concept as a whole. That's what makes Chromatica superior, but you are too blind to see it without countless singles and music videos.

Chromatica is full of bops, non-skip and amazing opera-like unique structure that could be seen as a musical. Meanwhile FN is basic pop record which has some bad songs in it too, but it had more exposure and way more singles, still didn't hit #1 nor sell more than Chromatica in the US.

--> Grammys should care about music, not the bling. :icega:

and that’s your opinion :heart: i’m not gonna argue back with some sort of essay, because we should respect that people have differing opinions. :awkney:

flying like 1000 birds

JustTea
Just now, sarcamstic said:

and that’s your opinion :heart: i’m not gonna argue back with some sort of essay, because we should respect that people have differing opinions. :awkney:

Opinion? No, that was mostly a fact. :oops:

Thomas P
6 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Chromatica is full of bops, non-skip and amazing opera-like unique structure that could be seen as a musical. Meanwhile FN is basic pop record which has some bad songs in it too

i mean, this is your opinion

Everyone has different ones, i think we should respect that

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

3 hours ago, Regina George said:

If you think this is passion then you should watch the way she talked about TF, TFM, BTW or ARTPOP or even C2C. I am not taking promotion in consideration. This album was clearly hard to make for her. 

It is always hard for her to make an album because every project is an introspective exploration of her deepest fears and pain, doesn't make it less passionate than others.

At the end of the day, it’s a matter of interpretation I guess, but I’ve been reading in here the reasoning behind not liking Chromatica and most of the time they’re rather simplistic and quite frankly, shallow. 

sarcamstic
35 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Opinion? No, that was mostly a fact. :oops:

41 minutes ago, JustTea said:

:billie: i mean... let’s look at the material. chromatica is fantastic, it’s my most streamed album of last year. it had a concept & transported us to a new planet. employed disco, house, 80’s dance, drum & bass, etc.

future nostalgia also had a concept. while it wasn’t a concept that had a story, nor interludes, it had a concept of mixing future/present music with the sounds of the past. (disco, funk, r&b, house, etc.)

your post was an opinion, but the fact is that while the concepts are different, in terms of genre & production, they’re quite similar. gaga used her edgy flair on tracks like 911, sour candy, alice, enigma, and replay. dua used her newfound it-girl factor on songs like levitating, don’t start now, physical, break my heart, and love again. they’re entirely different artists, but both of them used what they had. they each have their writing styles, which everyone views differently. some people may prefer the “silly” lyrics that dua wrote, some may prefer the inquisitive lyrics of chromatica. the voters for the grammy’s, as corrupt as they may be, also do have their own feelings on what they like about writing, about production, about thematic elements. perhaps they just thought dua fully switching her image (did a full 180 :ladyhaha:) & making this heavily saturated album was worthy of a nom? idk

i can’t pick a favorite. both albums acted as an escape for me from my mental health & from 2020’s stress. future nostalgia provided a bright colored, imaginary dance floor for me to think about a life after covid. chromatica provided me a way to accept that struggling with mental health during this time is okay. we all have opinions. let’s respect them please. i understand where you’re coming from, now please understand me :selena:

flying like 1000 birds

JustTea
18 minutes ago, sarcamstic said:

:billie: i mean... let’s look at the material.

TL;DR :huntyga:

But as I said, mostly facts, which means that there is a room for opinions. :bon:

6 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

Your opinion. Chromatica is important because it talks about mental health a lot.It talks about needing medicine. It brought back house music. But of course silly love songs on Future Nostalgia are more important.

“It brought back house music” no it actually FEATURED house music. To say it brought it back is implying that other artists then also used house music and it became popular again. 

conversely, Dua and her “silly love songs” got better critical acclaim AND other artists actually were on the similar wave of the disco revival at the same time but she was first so it comes off like she helped bring back disco. Literally all any pop fans talked about last year was disco coming back. Besides for us gaga  fans house music did not “come back” lol

the grammys are a scam but you being unable to see that FN is a good album AND you think Chromatica was one of the most influential albums of the year?

sarcamstic
6 minutes ago, JustTea said:

TL;DR :huntyga:

But as I said, mostly facts, which means that there is a room for opinions. :bon:

i wrote a shortened dichotomy of each album for nothing :messga:

either way TL;DR is basically, i respect your opinion, both albums have concepts in their own ways, dua’s is just looser. :ally: love both albums though & they both helped me in their own ways, FN just stands out more for me. chromatica deserves the critical acclaim & had they not nominated FN, chromatica would deserve that spot.

ok, rant done. i did enjoy your take on it though!

flying like 1000 birds

lodylody
6 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

Your opinion. Chromatica is important because it talks about mental health a lot.It talks about needing medicine. It brought back house music. But of course silly love songs on Future Nostalgia are more important.

Future Nostalgia brought back a genre too, and offered a light-hearted escape in what has become one of the darkest times for so many people :awkney: We don't need to criticise artists to support artists :air: 

6 hours ago, HighwayFantasy said:

After this years mess with not having Chromatica as AOTY and Blinding Lights for SOTY/AOTY I really don't care anymore for the Grammy's. They lost there credibility in every form. 

Chromatica did not really deserve an AOTY nom tbh. It's a solid album but nowhere near being among the most acclaimed of the year nor the biggest (which is a big part of the reason albums get nominated). It did get snubbed in other categories though that's for sure.

Archived