celeb

Kanye West faces lawsuits for failing to pay Sunday Service's workers

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Kanye West is facing two class-action lawsuits and could be hit with $30 million in damages over claims he mistreated and failed to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his Sunday Service shows.   

One lawsuit, filed by LA employment lawyer Frank Kim in August, concentrates on the performers, which totals over 500 people.

The other, filed by entertainment attorneys Harris & Ruble, centres on behind-the scenes staff including hair stylists, make-up artists and costume designers of around 300 people.

Lawyers are still tracking down other alleged 'victims' of Kanye's Sunday Service shows, and the final tally will be closer to 1,000 people.

Allegations include not paying hundreds of employees on time, or 'at all' in some cases, as well as not granting the overtime wages, meal and rest breaks and business expenses.

Hair stylist representing the backstage employees, claimed in documents filed at The Superior Court of California, that West, as well as affiliate companies Live Nation Worldwide, Art Partner, and producers, did not pay her the $550 she was owed for 120 days and then she and other employees were charged $20 to cash their pay checks. 

In August last year, West was also sued by MyChannel Inc. who claimed that Kanye stole some of its technology for his Sunday Service after its employees worked on it, unpaid, for 6 months. 

source

Daenerys

Why is it the people with the most money are the most selfish human beings in existence? 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

ALGAYDO

The irony of him committing workers’ rights violations while simultaneously pretending to be all about Jesus LOL 

I don't think Jesus would fail to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his Sunday Service shows :triggered:

2 minutes ago, weed said:

I don't think Jesus would fail to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his Sunday Service shows :triggered:

Well to be fair, he was turning water into wine (open bar), and people were leaving with cured ailments. Not to mention some being poolside. :vegas: THOSE were events. 

Teletubby
1 minute ago, GLK said:

Didn’t he receive a PPP loan last year? :messga:

it was $2-5 million for Yeezy 

• CyanLights changed the title to Kanye West faces lawsuits for failing to pay Sunday Service's workers
TimisaMonster

A cult leader who doesn't pay his cult employees...

Kim Kardashian Reality Tv GIF

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Modern Ecstacy

This guy has shown time after time how much of a trash human being he is yet so many people still support him. He still has so much local/GP support. It's really sad.

If it was a woman, she would have been been torn apart by people and the media. 

JusKeepBreathin

I feel like Kim tried to keep him sane as long as possible. I have more respect for her all the time now. She tried to hold that family together as long as she could. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived