Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sour Candy Alternative Verses

Reez

Featured Posts

At the moment, Sour Candy is my favourite track on the album. And though I love the verses, it is the chorus that brings me so much emotion every time I listen to it, I just love Gaga's theatric vocals on it.

But let's get to the question. When I listen to the song, I often wonder did Gaga write and record her own verses for this song. And don't get me wrong, I love every part of the song, I'm just curious about what would the verses sound like if she wrote and sang them. I'm still hoping she will release alternative solo version of Sour Candy. :messga:

Gagadonna

Considering she always (or most of the times) writes deep and personal lyrics for her own songs, I think she always had Sour Candy as a collaboration in her mind. Therefore, she may not have recorded the verses. 

Lumiere

I wish the song was a bit longer, with Jisoo having a couple more lines. And it would've been nicer if there's a verse where BP's and Gaga's vocals blend together or at least alternate (like the second pre-chorus in ROM)

PartySick
6 minutes ago, Lumiere said:

I wish the song was a bit longer, with Jisoo having a couple more lines. And it would've been nicer if there's a verse where BP's and Gaga's vocals blend together or at least alternate (like the second pre-chorus in ROM)

Maybe that's what's missing? They never really sing together :oprah:

The only other collab she's done that with that wasn't just a simple feature was Jewels n' Drugs but since TI, Too Short, and Twista aren't singers, it didn't really detract from it.

She met Xtina on DWUW, Florence on Hey Girl, Ariana on ROM, and Elton on SFA, but Sour Candy feels like a Blackpink song with a Lady Gaga verse spliced in. I guess that's why.

It would have been cool to have BP sing the "hard on the outside" line with her or she could join in for the second "I'm sour candy, so sweet etc".

🖤

RAMROD

Well, you will get BLACKPINK solo version of SOURCANDY this Sunday :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PartySick
20 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well, you will get BLACKPINK solo version of SOURCANDY this Sunday :giggle:

Is it bad that I actually kind of want to see them try to sing Gaga's part? :emma:

🖤

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Is it bad that I actually kind of want to see them try to sing Gaga's part? :emma:

It will be interesting. Probably Jennie and Rosé get most of the parts.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Stupid Oreo
58 minutes ago, Reez said:

At the moment, Sour Candy is my favourite track on the album. And though I love the verses, it is the chorus that brings me so much emotion every time I listen to it, I just love Gaga's theatric vocals on it.

But let's get to the question. When I listen to the song, I often wonder did Gaga write and record her own verses for this song. And don't get me wrong, I love every part of the song, I'm just curious about what would the verses sound like if she wrote and sang them. I'm still hoping she will release alternative solo version of Sour Candy. :messga:

Translations to both languages are here....

Lumiere
38 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Sour Candy feels like a Blackpink song with a Lady Gaga verse spliced in. I guess that's why.

Exactly! 

Archived