💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

White House Declines to Offer Position on Tokyo 2021

JRCF29

2017-06-09-tokyo2020-thumbnail.jpg

At today's press briefing, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki declined to make a definitive comment on President Biden's position on holding the Tokyo Olympics later this year. 

The request to do so from a member of the press corps came after reports that top Japanese officials had privately concluded the games would be scrapped as the pandemic is not yet under control in many parts of the world. The WHO has also recommended against prioritizing Olympic athletes for vaccines.

Psaki did reveal that Biden had spoken with Prime Minister Suga, but said during the briefing she didn't know what had been discussed; the White House's recap of the call left out any mention of the games. 

Full Story

Don't Call Me Gaga

MadreMonster

I think it’s best to just cancel it. I know athletes work hard and might not get this chance again but it’s the best thing to do right now

• Like 5

weed

I mean if Japan says they're not hosting right now who cares what anyone else says lol it requires immense preparation which won't happen on time especially with COVID

• Like 2

Zeth

If I can't go to Chromatica Ball because of this panorama, y'all can hop on your Wii Fits and roleplay the Olympics :triggered:

• LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 2

uo111
4 minutes ago, weed said:

I mean if Japan says they're not hosting right now who cares what anyone else says lol it requires immense preparation which won't happen on time especially with COVID

Ummmm, Florida is ready :excuseu:

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

weed
Just now, uo111 said:

tenor.gif

• YAAAS 1

PartySick
31 minutes ago, uo111 said:

No the f*ck we ain't :ladyhaha:

Ready to die maybe :ladyhaha:

💙I heard one sine from above💙
  • LMAO 7

Economy
1 hour ago, MadreMonster said:

I think it’s best to just cancel it. I know athletes work hard and might not get this chance again but it’s the best thing to do right now

Although maybe they can just postpone it further... say 2022

It might be unorthodox to have a summer olympics in the same year as a winter one and only 2 years before next summer olymlics but...

Given the circumstances seems reasonable and only fair to atheleets too :shrug:

Of course it also depends on a lot of other details and logistics and planning involved whether it could even be done practically but, if so i think its an option

JRCF29
1 hour ago, weed said:

Japan has not said they're not hosting. In fact, if you read the story, you would know that they are asking for Biden to publicly endorse having the games

Don't Call Me Gaga

PunkTheFunk

Cancel it

• Like 1

FATCAT

Thing is, this isn’t just any normal event, it’s a HUGE international event. Every single country that is part of it probably has somewhere around 1,000 players and staff alone. Intermingling everybody would probably not be great. Covid-21 could be a bitch.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

myluis617

We dont need to waste money that our citizens need building a stadium that won't be used as much...

Edited by myluis617
  • Like 1

PunkTheFunk
8 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Thing is, this isn’t just any normal event, it’s a HUGE international event. Every single country that is part of it probably has somewhere around 1,000 players and staff alone. Intermingling everybody would probably not be great. Covid-21 could be a bitch.

Exactly. They are literally organizing a super spreader event. Will every single attendee get vaccinated beforehand? I doubt it.

• Like 1