💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Netflix announces Tomb Raider anime series

guccic0och

Featured Posts

guccic0och

From IGN: 

A Tomb Raider anime series is in development at Netflix, and will be set after the events of Crystal Dynamics' most recent trilogy of games. The streaming service announced the news in a press release on Wednesday. Tasha Huo, who is working with Netflix on The Witcher: Blood Origin, will write and executive produce. Legendary Entertainment is working with Netflix on Tomb Raider after previously working with the streamer on the Lost in Space remake.

Exciting! In the past week we’ve had confirmation on the new Tomb Raider movie being back in development and now this! There’s no clue as to when this is set to be released but it’s exciting to know it’s happening!

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

AJRocketMan

That’s exciting! I still prefer the old Lara Croft from the Core Design games though.

Rj Barker

I'll he sure to give this a watch but all I really want from crystal dynamics is a remake of tomb raider 1 through 4 that is close to its source material. No trash QTE's or dumbing it down with stupid spidy vision mechanics that tells you what to do and where to go. :messga:

I'm hoping for some sort of game announcement this year with it being 25 year anniversary. 

guccic0och
1 minute ago, Rj Barker said:

I'll he sure to give this a watch but all I really want from crystal dynamics is a remake of tomb raider 1 through 4 that is close to its source material. No trash QTE's or dumbing it down with stupid spidy vision mechanics that tells you what to do and where to go. :messga:

I'm hoping for some sort of game announcement this year with it being 25 year anniversary. 

I mean, TR1 already has a remake from Crystal but I’m eager to see if there will ever be a remake for TR2. It’s one of the series’ most popular games so I’m surprised it hasn’t happened at all yet. 

I don’t mind Crystal at all. They made the LAU trilogy which are highlights (IMO) to the series and brought a fresh take to Tomb Raider which it desperately needed after AoD. The 2013 reboot wasn’t my favourite but Rise and Shadow were enjoyable, I don’t get the hatred towards those games. I’m excited to see what they bring next. 

BleepBloop
6 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

Another TR fan who won't admit that TR2013, Rise and Shadow are the best games in the franchise.:giggle:

HotLikeMexico
2 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

IM SO EXCITED! Let it be Castlevania anime level :enigma:

Castlevania is SOOOO good! SOOOO GOOD!!!

If Tomb Raider is gonna be done like this, great animation + great story, it's def going to be GREAT!

guccic0och
1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

Another TR fan who won't admit that TR2013, Rise and Shadow are the best games in the franchise.:giggle:

The reboot trilogy doesn’t deserve all the hate it gets. I understand why people don’t like TR2013 since it wasn’t very “Tomb Raider”, I mean it’s not my favourite tbh. However, Rise and Shadow were awesome games and they, Shadow especially, really felt like proper Tomb Raider experiences. The landscapes in Shadow were divine I could literally just go on for hours about how pretty that game is. 

HotLikeMexico
22 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

wtf :awkney: another trainwreck that is a non-game tomb raider adaptation incoming

It could be good tho. With Castlevania, I was skeptical but it ended up being a REALLY good anime adaption of the game. Tomb Raider could be similar to that. 

Rj Barker
10 minutes ago, carsonjoel said:

I mean, TR1 already has a remake from Crystal but I’m eager to see if there will ever be a remake for TR2. It’s one of the series’ most popular games so I’m surprised it hasn’t happened at all yet. 

I don’t mind Crystal at all. They made the LAU trilogy which are highlights (IMO) to the series and brought a fresh take to Tomb Raider which it desperately needed after AoD. The 2013 reboot wasn’t my favourite but Rise and Shadow were enjoyable, I don’t get the hatred towards those games. I’m excited to see what they bring next. 

I love all the games and 2013, rise were not too bad at all, shadow was the best out of the 3 as you had the ability to remove all things that hold your hand through the game. I love the look of the tr2 remake that's fan made, which it could be fully done. The LAU trilogy is great too but it's just to easy. Why does everything need to be pointed out for you? The originals were fantastic, the sense of isolation and just figuring it out. 

7 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Haha we all have different tastes. I prefer the originals but I enjoy and love them all for different reasons. The new ones don't hold a candle to the originals for me. I treat them as a different franchise entirely really. It's difficult sometimes to not want after what made something great ya know. Like when people fuss and moan over a remake of a classic film. It's just the old man in me moaning about new things :derpga:

My heart just dropped OMFG :enigma: I'm as much of Tomb Raider fan as I am a LM so getting this news here is amazing!

𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 sent me

guccic0och
3 minutes ago, XSFashion said:

My heart just dropped OMFG :enigma: I'm as much of Tomb Raider fan as I am a LM so getting this news here is amazing!

Honestly when I heard the news I was jumping around all excited like a little child phaha. I’ve been a TR fan since I was VERY young and have always wanted something like this so I’m hella excited that it’s finally happening!

1 minute ago, carsonjoel said:

Honestly when I heard the news I was jumping around all excited like a little child phaha. I’ve been a TR fan since I was VERY young and have always wanted something like this so I’m hella excited that it’s finally happening!

I fell in love with the series playing Underworld and it was around the time the reboot was releasing so I'm so excited for any TR news! (other than that new mobile game :ohwell:)

𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 sent me

Archived