💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden axes federal private prisons

FATCAT

President Joe Biden will sign an executive order directing the Department of Justice to end its contracts with privately run prisons, part of the incoming administration’s efforts to address racial injustice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-private-prisons-susan-rice-b1793046.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 10

FATCAT

It's moves like this that prove Democrats are not just "Republican-lite". Republicans would be pushing for more privatization. Missing a cycle because you don't love the candidate would see to it that none of these changes could have been made, and anyone telling you that is leading you astray from real change. Work within the system to change it!

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Luke78619

Jesus Christ, he’s not stopping :wtfga: on a roll

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 9

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

It's moves like this that prove Democrats are not just "Republican-lite". Republicans would be pushing for more privatization. Missing a cycle because you don't love the candidate would see to it that none of these changes could have been made, and anyone telling you that is leading you astray from real change. Work within the system to change it!

Okay let’s not go this far, its been a week. There were always ultra-left™️ Dems in existence, but the republican-lite ones always have, and still do run the show. This despite their constituents constantly saying they won’t punish them for going more left, along with some Republicans on some issues. 

Cant deny objectively good actions when I see them tho :applause: Liking these trends. This is real politics: fighting everyday instead of just voting once in a while

• Like 3

Chromatican

Biden KNOWS that his entire political legacy rests on his ability to get the country back on course after the Trump era disaster. Anything less than a home run first 100 days and he will cost the Democrats, and the USA greatly. He knows he can’t be another Obama. I’m so glad he is more progressive than many anticipated. 

Edited by Chromatican
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Okay let’s not go this far, its been a week. There were always ultra-left™️ Dems in existence, but the republican-lite ones always have, and still do run the show. This despite their constituents constantly saying they won’t punish them for going more left, along with some Republicans on some issues. 

Cant deny objectively good actions when I see them tho :applause: Liking these trends. This is real politics: fighting everyday instead of just voting once in a while

Many of those Democrats are more moderate because they understand the intricacies of their districts, and know that there re-election (and in term Democratic majorities) are less likely. Many of them are, however, internally very left-leaning. You can see this from how they shape their public views on things once they run fro office. That being said, even Chuck Shumer has said that the mistakes of 2008 (basically wasting time on Republican support) won't be made this time around, so many of those ideas will get pushed forward and codified. 

I know it seems like things are stagnant, but hopefully at the end of 2 years congress, and Biden, will have more left policies enacted and codified into law that will show that to be the case.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

btw the racist, for-profit prisons are still gonna exist. I don’t know the impact of this action after reading this tho. I did forget that most private prisons are state run. Biden should stop that in some way... 

FATCAT
Just now, Chromatican said:

Biden KNOWS that his entire political legacy rests on his ability to get the country back on course after the Trump era disaster. Anything less than a home run 100 days and he will cost the Democrats, and the USA greatly. He knows he can’t be another Obama. I’m so glad he is more progressive than many anticipated. 

Exactly this, his entire goal is to reset the political calculus in the country, and while he might be preaching unity, the actual policies that he'll be enacting will not be moderate or bi-partisan enlarge. Yes, he will try to work with Republicans where he can, but he knows from 8 years of Obama that they'll obstruct, and his team is new, vibrant, and has learned from the mistakes of his last team. 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

FATCAT
Just now, StarstruckIllusion said:

btw the racist, for-profit prisons are still gonna exist. I don’t know the impact of this action after reading this tho. I did forget that most private prisons are state run. Biden should stop that in some way... 

Biden doesn't have control over state prisons, that's something we'll need to all work on locally. Red states will still be tragic but progress can be made. I assume it takes separate action to remove the private federal immigration detention, since that would fall under Immigration and not the DOJ, so stay tuned!

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 6

StarstruckIllusion
8 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Many of those Democrats are more moderate because they understand the intricacies of their districts, and know that there re-election (and in term Democratic majorities) are less likely. Many of them are, however, internally very left-leaning. You can see this from how they shape their public views on things once they run fro office. That being said, even Chuck Shumer has said that the mistakes of 2008 (basically wasting time on Republican support) won't be made this time around, so many of those ideas will get pushed forward and codified. 

I know it seems like things are stagnant, but hopefully at the end of 2 years congress, and Biden, will have more left policies enacted and codified into law that will show that to be the case.

Many of them are more moderate because of their donors tbh. I’m sure they are left leaning internally, but it doesn’t matter what they think or say, it matters what they do. They chose to be politicians so they can have a real impact thru their actions. The house races of 2020 showed that having a more left leaning platform is a better winning strategy anyway. 

Also Chuck Schumer was a real weird turn, but I love to see it. He seems scared of AOC, but she hasn’t shown interest in primarying him... maybe he doesn’t know that - but shh, no one tell him :billie:

Dulo Peep
26 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Jesus Christ, he’s not stopping :wtfga: on a roll

Biden O miley cyrus ashley o GIF by NETFLIX

dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Agunimon

This will be a huge step forward in getting people who go to prison on the right track since support for those profiting from a bed being filled is no longer there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This will be a huge step forward in getting people who go to prison on the right track since support for those profiting from a bed being filled is no longer there.

Imagine people going to prison to rehabilitate themselves or put themselves on a better path by getting an education or training while serving their time.

💙I heard one sine from above💙
  • Love 1

Economy

Wow theres a lot of stuff Presidents can seem to do with executive orders :duck:

Here in Canada the Prime Minister cant do or pass sh*t without enough votes in Government :enigma:

PartySick
Just now, Economy said:

Wow theres a lot of stuff Presidents can seem to do with executive orders :duck:

Here in Canada the Prime Minister cant do or pass sh*t without enough votes in Government :enigma:

Yeah, the problem is it can all be undone just as easily if a Republican beats Biden or Kamala in 2024 :spin:

Which is why the Democratic house and senate need to get moving on getting these orders properly made into bills and signed into law! :grr:

💙I heard one sine from above💙
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1