💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

The U.K. Is Doing So Much Better Than EU In Getting Their Citizen Vaxxed

RAMROD

All down to their own Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine :applause:

The AstraZeneca shot can be stored for six months at regular fridge temperatures of 2 to 8 degrees Celsius, meaning it can be moved several times and used in very small batches. The Pfizer shot, which has also been authorized in the U.S. and in Europe, is delivered in large batches and must be stored at minus-70. Once thawed it must be used in 3½ days.

That versatility means supplies of the AstraZeneca shot are being prioritized for nursing homes, according to a letter sent to all family doctors in England on Jan. 13 that also offered them a cash incentive for giving first doses to residents.

20210123-072845.jpg

Source:

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1352611115591733249?s=19

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/oxford-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-helps-u-k-lead-race-to-reach-nursing-homes-11611138601

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

weed

Will people in NZ, Australia, or other countries done with covid get vaccinated?

carsonjoel
6 minutes ago, weed said:

Will people in NZ, Australia, or other countries done with covid get vaccinated?

I imagine they most likely will just to be safe

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM
  • Like 2

xoxo Craig

Yeah but the UK is doing so much worse when it comes to people dying/infected. While its good that the numbers getting vaccinated are high, so are (unfortunately) the people dying... and yet the Government thinks that its acceptable :triggered:   we have the highest death rate in the world, its not something to be proud of. We'll take the positive but the UK should be doing WAYYYY better than it is

End Racism Now
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Supersonic

The UK HAS to be quicker with vaccinations, considering the fact there are so many active covid cases (and SEVERE covid cases) that you gotta wait 9 hours for an ambulance to come (aka if you get into a severe car accident, you will die. period. no one will safe your life) and that ambulances are waiting in line for HOURS to drop off patients at hospitals, only to get potentially turned away because the hospital is full to go look for another free bed in town.

they're not in this position because they're doing well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, weed said:

Yes they should. Just because they don't have it in their country doesn't mean they shouldn't get it... especially when the rest of the world is still dealing with Covid-19 and its many variants

End Racism Now
  • Like 1

Dulo Peep

i want the astra zeneca vaccine! I don't want sputnik or cansino Sad Baby GIF

dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!
  • Like 1

funkyhaus

Yeah but that vaccine is unapproved in the rest of Europe. 
Also whilst they’re vaccinating more people, they’re completely going against the manufactures own advice of giving the second dose 6 weeks after the first. 
I think they’re giving the second one like 12 weeks after the first? 
So they don’t know how effective it is after that. 

Looks good from the outset but I think it’ll end up being a mess :triggered:

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

i want the astra zeneca vaccine! I don't want sputnik or cansino Sad Baby GIF

The Pfizer one is the best one with 95%~  immunity after two doses 3 weeks apart. If I had the choice, I'd go for the Pfizer one

Edited by xoxo Craig
End Racism Now
  • Like 2

sarahb
12 minutes ago, weed said:

Yes we'll be getting it. Just takes one person to breach hotel quarantine (again) and it'll spread. 

• Like 1

Mer Boy
24 minutes ago, weed said:

Hi Aussie here! Yes we will be getting vaccines but we are waiting a bit. 

Btw I wouldn't say we are done with COVID yet. Even though we currently have little to no community transmission, we experienced how quickly things can spiral out of control. Lots of people are still masking up, social distancing etc. 

@sarahb very true but I have faith in our testing-tracing-isolating system. If the virus does leak from hotel quarantine, they will detect it quickly and snuff it out due to daily testing of staff. The state governments have learned a lot from Melbourne's second wave. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Edited by Mer Boy
"f***ing rat" - @dynamite
  • Like 1

MJHolland

I mean it's about time they get they're sh!t together, they've been almost as embarrassing as the US 

Lady Papa

NOT FAIR I need my vaccine NOW, the vaccine I get from DLMascTop every Wednesday night just isn't enough!

200.gif

Formerly known as LadyGoo
  • LMAO 2

TMM90
42 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

The Pfizer one is the best one with 95%~  immunity after two doses 3 weeks apart. If I had the choice, I'd go for the Pfizer one

I got that one, thankfully 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

Dulo Peep
46 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

i was reading that the side effects of the Pfizer one are kinda bad, right? I don't know too much about it

dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!