Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

jlo’s ‘waiting for tonight’ is a cover

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa
2 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

She made it better and iconic. Poor you.

funny thing is, all i did was state facts:billie: if you consider it a drag, that’s on you

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

How did you not know this? This is common knowledge.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Kylie's On A Night Like This is also a cover, but no one's bashing her for it
even though the only difference is Kylie's vocals on it

Cher has done thousands of covers throughout her career, specially in her early years
Beyoncé, Madonna, Gaga and many others use thousands of samples in all of their albums
so.. what's your point child?

FentyGa
14 minutes ago, Luk said:

Cher has done thousands of covers throughout her career, specially in her early years
Beyoncé, Madonna, Gaga and many others use thousands of samples in all of their albums

the issue isn’t covering or sampling a song:icega: i’m simply pointing out that jlo doesn’t have any original hits. they’re all either covers, ripoffs, or have ghostsingers

it’s also kind of shitty to cover a song that came out a year before, but that’s subjective 

FentyGa
31 minutes ago, The Child said:

How did you not know this? This is common knowledge.

i didn’t even know the jlo song til a couple years ago:huntyga: i wasn’t alive when it came out

shoful
16 minutes ago, Luk said:

Oh my god. Im devastated wtf. I love this song. Disappointed that its not a Kylie original :giveup:

@Aarghya You know about this?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

BornAsUnic0rn

The Jlo bashing when you could make this example for every singer that isn’t a songwriter. especially 2000s singers.

Britney‘s sound was modeled after 90s robyn and the boy bands of that time. Numerous songs by Britney use prominent background vocals by people like Robyn, Keri Hilson, ect. many of Britney‘s hits, like Toxic were offered to people like Kylie Minogue. And we can make that example for many acts. You can‘t hold singers to the same standards you do with songwriters. 

Their labels present them songs and if they like them, they sing them. We don’t know if J.Lo knew all those things you stated, like the Loverboy sample. Were those things shady sometimes, yes, but blame the label not her.

KURUSHITOVSKA
40 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

i didn’t even know the jlo song til a couple years ago:huntyga: i wasn’t alive when it came out

This explains it all. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

27 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

The Jlo bashing when you could make this example for every singer that isn’t a songwriter. especially 2000s singers.

Britney‘s sound was modeled after 90s robyn and the boy bands of that time. Numerous songs by Britney use prominent background vocals by people like Robyn, Keri Hilson, ect. many of Britney‘s hits, like Toxic were offered to people like Kylie Minogue. And we can make that example for many acts. You can‘t hold singers to the same standards you do with songwriters. 

Their labels present them songs and if they like them, they sing them. We don’t know if J.Lo knew all those things you stated, like the Loverboy sample. Were those things shady sometimes, yes, but blame the label not her.

Plus people give Rihanna endless praise and she does essentially the same thing. No shade to Rihanna, I think she’s amazing, but like you said, it’s weird to specifically point of JLo when so many artists do this lmao it’s the way of the business

Anderson123

Well and she still managed to make all those songs huge hits. She’s clearly not a songwriter but should be given the credit she deserves, she’s an icon now. Elvis never wrote his own music, he only contributed to like 10 songs and still became a legend. It’s what you do with the music, like Britney. 

vyniildisk

Rihanna is quite shady too!  SZA talked how she was intimidated by her to give her the song

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Luk said:

1 hour ago, shoful said:

Oh my god. Im devastated wtf. I love this song. Disappointed that its not a Kylie original :giveup:

@Aarghya You know about this?

Not a cover. Again, Britney rejected Telephone, Kylie rejected Toxic and Swedish singer Pandora rejected On A Night Like This. 

I don't know why this issue is getting attention! 

"On a Night Like This" was originally written for Swedish recording artist Pandora by Steve Torch, Brian Rawling, Graham Stack, and Mark Taylor, with production being handled by the latter two. Pandora recorded it for her 1999 album, No Regrets, but its composers reportedly believed the result to not gain as much success as they had hoped. As a result, they handed the recording to Parlophone and suggested Minogue to record her vocals over the backing track, which she did. Greek recording artist Anna Vissi had also obtained rights to record the track, and her version appeared on her studio album Everything I Am (2000); both Pandora's and Minogue's version feature the same instrumental, whilst Vissi's had a significantly different production. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

3 hours ago, FentyGa said:

the issue isn’t covering or sampling a song:icega: i’m simply pointing out that jlo doesn’t have any original hits. they’re all either covers, ripoffs

so when you cover/sample another song that makes it unoriginal? RIP Crazy in Love
RIP Whitney's I Will Always Love You originally recorded and released by Dolly Parton

3 hours ago, FentyGa said:

it’s also kind of shitty to cover a song that came out a year before, but that’s subjective 

you should say that to Rihanna, who released a cover of Tame Impala's Same Old Mistakes 6 months after its original release

chile :triggered:

Archived