celeb

Charlie Puth gets dragged by Stan Twitter over Gaga performance

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

Why do artists bother defending themselves on twitter? Ppl there are even more unreasonable and extra than on GGD :huntyga:

School has failed these children if they don’t know what an arrangement is. Or they’re purposely acting brain dead.

pedrohemg

I don't like him. I remember the day of the SB, right after Gaga sang the anthem, he posted a pic of Whitney on his Instagram. This is not the first time he mentions Whitney in something related to Gaga, and I think he does that to provoke.

RebeldeFaith

Twitter stans showing once again that Trump wasn't the only one who deserved to be banned. Are we surprised? :yennefer:

*Insert fan cam of a totally unrelated artist*

Something something idk

LilyLark

I knew as soon as I saw that tweet he was going to get himself & Gaga dragged by proxy. Even Beyonce once got dragged—and she's pretty much untouchable outside of right wing/racist twitter—after some stan compared her to Whitney. I don't understand a) why some people are always reaching for a fight (even if he meant vocally, and not arrangements, who cares?) and b) why some people on twitter are so ready to drag the "other woman" instead of simply disagreeing with a tweet.

That said, Gaga stans should just let it go on twitter imo. Sometimes stans make it worse/blow it up more by reacting. She received universal acclaim—I only saw a handful that were critical and they were clearly coming from people who already didn't like Gaga (and they weren't music journos, either).

*Also, I do think Whitney's performance was a bit better (Whitney's technical skill in singing remains unsurpassed imo) but...Whitney also lip-synched. Something that people "pretend" isn't true even though it's a fact (like I've literally seen, in the past, stans or even just randos get mad at music journalists who note Whitney lip synched). Again, though, not worth the twitter stans bringing up to "defend" Gaga.

LilyLark
21 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I don't like him. I remember the day of the SB, right after Gaga sang the anthem, he posted a pic of Whitney on his Instagram. This is not the first time he mentions Whitney in something related to Gaga, and I think he does that to provoke.

I think if someone isn't a regular user of twitter or unused to stan twitter, they are probably unaware of how people are always looking to fight on the dumb app. Like it's not unreasonable to say someone's performance gives someone "Whitney" vibes and outside of twitter no one would see it as some crazy insult. Outside of right wing twitter and racists on twitter, Beyonce is pretty much untouchable and I recall even her (unfairly) getting dragged after some blue check mark made a similar comparison after she sang the national anthem (not the time she lipped, the time she sang live). Some Bey stans pointed out Whitney lipped, and that whipped up the twitter mob even more even though they were being truthful.

freebit

Also, Michael Bearden, her music director in charge of this performance, was also involved in Whitney's Superbowl National Anthem performance, so Charlie is astute in hearing a similarity. 

No need to compare. Both were great. Stop this pettiness. That was left when the orange potato left. This new era should be different. 

DoremonLove

Are ppl not understanding here? Its not actually whitney stans its the hive. They jealous and burning after the iconic performance.  Poor charlie:lmao:

How can anoyone not love gaga

HausOfAntonio
3 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Whitney stans really said 

Jennifer Lopez Inauguration GIF by GIPHY News

This was one of your best ones yet sistren :golfclap:

JohnWayne92

Remember when they dragged Dolly Parton for calling I Will Always Love You “her song.” :triggered: it’s literally Dollys song. 

Archived