PeachJug

Weyes Blood

Orville Peck

Marina and the Diamonds 

Ingrid Michaelson

She & Him 

Birdy 

Head Empty

Kylie Minogue. She gets decent attention within the pop community, but she deserves to be known as one of the greatest pop pioneers. And she is especially underrated in the US.

@Aarghya

Head Empty

K. Flay

She makes great alternative pop with a little bit of hip hop, but didn't break through yet.

glad to see many of my favs listed here, don't wanna repeat so imma say Gorillaz

such a shame that a big project with an amazing message behind it, doesn't get the recognition they deserve (or at leadt not anymore like they used to), they serve music, collabs and visuals everytime

... and now i just sit in silence.

youandi
14 minutes ago, Damon said:

glad to see many of my favs listed here, don't wanna repeat so imma say Gorillaz

such a shame that a big project with an amazing message behind it, doesn't get the recognition they deserve (or at leadt not anymore like they used to), they serve music, collabs and visuals everytime

Whilst I don’t want them to sell out, and I do like the new stuff I’ve heard, I’d love a few more classics from them like Dare, Feel Good Inc, Clint Eastwood and Melancholy hill. Need to get into them more really, what songs would you recommend?  

1 minute ago, youandi said:

Whilst I don’t want them to sell out, and I do like the new stuff I’ve heard, I’d love a few more classics from them like Dare, Feel Good Inc, Clint Eastwood and Melancholy hill. Need to get into them more really, what songs would you recommend?  

seems like you got stuck on Plastic Beach so let me start from Humanz:

Andromeda, Charger, Strobelite

The Now Now: Tranz, Hollywood, Fire Flies

Strange Timez: The Pink Phantom, Pac-Man, Aries

though I highly recommend you visit those three records, the first two I listed can be really bittersweet at first listen. Humanz is pretty long and 2D (Damon) barely sings on the record but I like its message (pretty much an anti-Trump album) and Now Now is a response of the criticism of how many collabs they had on the previous record and also lore wise, it was because 2D had more freedom since Murdoc was in jail and he wasn't around to bully him

Now, Song Machine: Strange Timez is THAT record, I love every song on it, easily their best project since Plastic Beach. Lore wise, we like to think is a build up for the movie they are making for Netflix (also Sonf Machine Season 2 is supposed to come in Feb/March so new music coming soon!)

... and now i just sit in silence.

youandi

Celeste, her voice is gorgeous

Declan McKenna, always nice seeing love for him here

Jorja Smith, she’s just fantastic

Arlo Parks. Now I’ve not listened to her much my self yet but I really like what I’ve heard. 

The Wombats. Pretty popular among indie fans in the uk but they have so many indie pop bangers, they deserve a a bit more recognition

And of course Rina. Yeah she’s getting quite popular amongst us pop nerds but she deserves so much more 

Archived