đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is better than chromatica

Frivolero

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, dutchyguy said:

Her absolute prime was with The Fame Monster and the single Born This Way.

Remember that BTW was very much criticised as being worse than TFM. Towards the end of the era people were really 'sick' of her, as she was everywhere. Then ARTPOP came a bit too fast after all of that. So people would already judge her before even hearing anything. No album would have fixed that. 

My thoughts exactly. I've always thought that ARTPOP was too ahead of its time because of the sudden change of beat and rythm on each song, something that apparently people didn't like. If it was released in 2020 instead of Chromatica, it could've gotten a way better reception than on 2013

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both albums because of their own charm. But gotta admit that Chromatica has a bit repetitive beat on most songs and the entire album is criminally too short. ARTPOP is not safe either, it has some songs that are a little bit 'meh' up to the point to just skip them

js4754394o9823
4 hours ago, FentyGa said:

and it would all be true

except the last one :poot:

Not 4 me :huntyga:

BTW>Chromatica>ARTPOP>...

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Franch Toast

For me, ARTPOP has higher highs but lower lows, and it has some skips. Generally, I don't skip any songs on Chromatica unless I'm listening expressly for the purpose of hearing a specific song (or, say, I'm in my car and don't have time to listen to the whole album, so I'll jump to my favorite). I appreciate Chromatica's cohesiveness, and lyrically, I think it's very sound. ARTPOP is less cohesive to me, but it has some brilliant lyrics, and I prefer the production. Fortunately, we have both albums and don't have to choose. 

She/Her/Hers

like ARTPOP should’ve been bold and brave record all the way through and songs like manicure or fashion or gypsy are kinda cheapening the experience since they are more commercial friendly. I actually think that ARTPOP should’ve been 2 separate EPs. The weirder one would include

1. Aura 2. Venus 3. ARTPOP 4. Swine 5. Donatella 6. Mary Jane Holland 7. Dope and maybe some unreleased such as Partynauseous, ratchet, Stache, Princess Die

and the more pop one

1. GUY 2. Sexxx Dreams 3. MANiCURE 4. Do What U Want 5. Fashion 6.Gypsy 7. Applause and I Wanna Be With You, Nothing On

Kinda like The Fame and The Fame Monster coexist together while being different projects. What do You guys think?

ajmsamuel
12 hours ago, PEZ said:

ARTPOP is my favorite Gaga album and my favorite era of Gaga street fashion :flutter:

I will say that Chromatica is more cohesive than ARTPOP, if cohesiveness is someone's preferred metric. But ARTPOP is glorious and joyous in its variety and jumbledness, like an explosion of paint colors. At that point it's down to your preference at the moment -- do you want to go on a guided, steady sonic journey or a wild adventure?

ARTPOP felt closer to Gaga's artistic ethos as I perceive it than Chromatica. Chromatica is still very skilled and very enjoyable, but ARTPOP simply just had more things I was hoping from her.

this. it depends from where u see it. to me.. i see ARTPOP as her most personal album. chromatica is kinda of very artificial generated. 

kindest regards

PartySick
6 hours ago, Art Police said:

Isn't that a bad thing tho when you think about it? I never understood this 'grower' thing with music.

Why should you have to need to listen to a song more than once to actually like it? Isn't that bordering on forcing yourself to like something you don't? You should naturally like the song on first listen. Be blown away by it imo.

I don't think so :shrug:

Perfect Illusion was the same way (though I immediately loved the rest of Joanne). And now PI is one of my favorites :bradley:

If I didn't like some of Gaga's songs, I'd admit it. There's a few tracks on The Fame that I hardly listen to and I still don't like Sour Candy :ph34r:

Just like some foods are an acquired taste, some music takes a few listens to say "alright, I can jam to this :lolly:"

đź–¤

Archived