Gaga honored at The King Center with Higher Ground Award

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
numb the flame
4 hours ago, spector said:

via unlearning, her "i don't see color" disposition morphed into celebrating the color spectrum. when she said chromatica was a perspective, she really meant it. stanning intelligence feels ****ing fantastic :heart:

when she said "I don't see colour" she meant it as in she doesn't see people as white or black people she saw them as just people, right?

LastNight

She’s so incredible. We all made the right decision stanning this woman. One of very few celebrities who consistently puts their money where their mouth is and practices what they preach.

It’s really amazing to see someone in her position, with her reach, stand up for what’s right and lend her voice to help in any way she can. I’m grateful that in this year of turmoil she has selflessly given herself over to these important causes and put them ahead of her own career and projects - THAT is real kindness and it is also what will solidify her as a true icon of our times. 

spector
24 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

when she said "I don't see colour" she meant it as in she doesn't see people as white or black people she saw them as just people, right?

yes, she meant that her former attitude—still liberal and democratic, but unassuming—was based on idealistic equality (i.e., i don't see color, people are humans and, as such, equals in my eyes). her current, less unassuming and more critical, standpoint, however, is based on visibility and equity (i.e., i do see that there is a difference between individuals, but now, as i educated myself, i also see that that difference is anything but inherent: it is socio-culturally constructed; it is a color-coded system of differences, if you will, that marks whiteness as normative and non-whites as "the other"; whiteness, it follows, implies invisibility—invisible, in other words: expected and unquestioned, privileges and liberties that are reduced or stripped when a human being falls out the criteria of normativity: white, cis, male, heterosexual; it is key, then, to change our perspective, to unlearn/denormalize the unmarked categories, so that we no longer remain blind to the oppressions of a paradigmatic system that is called white, heteronormative, patriarchal supremacy). simply put, one has to see the problem for meaningful actions to be implemented. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

roomdivide

Look it's a nice message, but she is still so privileged, living in a Californian mansion and being driven around in Tesla's while most people are literally hanging out for a $2000 paycheque to make rent.

Wow this speech is everything and so intelligent and helpful in these times. Everything she said was spot on and I hope that many people the world over can happen upon this speech and join Gaga in her message. Let's change the world with Lady Gaga together. I Love her. Thank You for posting this, I missed it when it happened and never heard anything about it happening.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived