Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua : 'I've never seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, Lady Papa said:

Sia had to completely turn her back to the audience to have a career :bradley:

EXACTLY! And she still managed to build an amazingly successful career. GP does not care about looks if the music is good enough, let's be honest.

I think those times are over, is an outdated view.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Is there such a thing lmao :air:

There is a privilege for everything nowadays. 

She's a white rich girl who came from money. She is as privileged as it gets. 

vyniildisk
14 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Madison Beer doesn’t look like a pop star though, namely she’s doesn’t pass as girl next door or relatable or quirky. Key things to make it in pop. She looks more like someone who would do well as a model, or insta star. People want to f**k that, befriend that, but it has to be within reach. She’s out of everyone’s league.

That? You make it sound like Madison is an object :air:

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

She's a white rich girl who came from money. She is as privileged as it gets. 

and what can she do about it? She is not even whining or complaining. The dumb interviewer brought up this lame uninteresting question and she quickly replied. 

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

so you must be one of those pretty, beautiful privileged people:haroon:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Just now, Dulo Peep said:

and what can she do about it? She is not even whining or complaining. The dumb interviewer brought up this lame uninteresting question and she quickly replied. 

She's just dumb and refuses to acknowledge her privilege. Fine by me but keep licking her glamorous boots ♥️

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

She's just dumb and refuses to acknowledge her privilege. Fine by me but keep licking her glamorous boots ♥️

you are so rudeeeee :triggered:

Moonlight on Water

she's hot and clearly empowered by breaking travel restrictions

she/her

1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

Sadly that was an accurate description of how she's being perceived. Cold and unattainable. Many won't be intrigued by her as an artist, but they'll follow her on IG. I think she has a lack of drive, that's why people shift their attention to the more shallow stuff...

Shame though, her songs should've done better and I'm still perched for her album next month :pray:

ShayCristoforo
25 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Is there such a thing lmao :air:

There is, yes. Aesthetics and beauty standards have been focused on for thousands of years.

In most settings, being seen as "attractive" is a definite advantage. Think about how many times we criticize or dismiss people based on appearance. Especially in the entertainment industry.    

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Agunimon

I understand and appreciate what she is trying to say here, but to reach a certain age and go through even normal life and not realize that attractive people hold power and status is rather ignorant.

Being beautiful doesn’t discredit the hard work that you put in, or mean that it came easy to you. You were just given something that benefits you in society.

Much like how minorities feel about white privilege. It’s not something you should feel guilty for but not something you should pretend doesn’t attribute to your life. The same can be said for growing up in a wealthy home, growing up in a family where parents are supportive, etc. 

MeetinDaShadow
30 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I didn't want to use he/she as i was referring to everyone. But I could have used they. A pop star is an idol, a myth almost, unless you are Taylor Swift. "They" or what "they" represent, are not who that person really is 24/7. They are a projection of society, it's desires, ideals, dreams, that is why they are famous. If you know anything about Britney you would know that. 

Anyway, you're right. I get how it sounds, it was not my intention, but we are talking about looks and persona. You were the one to drag Madison into the convo, saying her amazing looks don't automatically make her a huge star in the pop world, because talent matters. I agree, but looks also matter. Accessible, relatable, looks.

Regina George
1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

And you know her personally to be able to speak for her or interpret her?

Everything an artist says is subjective, it's why it's also entertainment and culture.

I have my opinion and you have yours. Dua also has hers, but I should be allowed to analyse her "statement" whatever way I choose. We all should. Let's not get all Trumpy.

Dude you didn’t even read the full context of what she said. Get of your high horse. 

Archived