💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

California politicians are proposing tax 'increases'

Woolfsmck

NOW YOU CAN'T LEAVE! New INSANE California Wealth and Exit Tax Will Follow You For 10 Years! - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-NtNXOo77A

Uhm....lemme see... close down 1/3 of the total economy...

add taxes ....

Okay...:fthis:

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • LMAO 3
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

ALGAYDO

It is extremely hard to take that dude seriously lmao :billie:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cookie Tookie

What a joke. No wonder people are leaving CA in droves. I’m next once I acquire this degree.

• Like 1

JRCF29

Not liberals in California raising taxes:ladyhaha:

Sky Uno Wow GIF by X Factor Italia

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

Woolfsmck
17 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

It's like they want people to be republican

Its more like the original Democratic plan for california got scrapped once they got elected ..

Now its just a bunch of foggy fony fvckers.

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

AJRocketMan

A wealth tax is a good thing. That should be implemented on a National scale. Most extremely wealthy people’s wealth is tied up in assets and not necessarily income, so this is actually more equitable.

Generally speaking, higher taxes are a good thing, namely on large corporations and high income earners.

• Like 13
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

ProdigyARTPOP

Ew since when did Republicans come onto GagaDaily.

• Like 8
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
7 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

A wealth tax is a good thing. That should be implemented on a National scale. Most extremely wealthy people’s wealth is tied up in assets and not necessarily income, so this is actually more equitable.

Generally speaking, higher taxes are a good thing, namely on large corporations and high income earners.

Higher taxes are fine as long as people see the returns.

If I'm paying more taxes, I expect that money to go towards some sh*t that'll benefit me and/or other regular people. Fix the roads, pay our medical bills, educate the kids and young adults, stuff like that.

I think the theory a lot of people have too is that paying more in taxes should lower your cost of living. Idk how that works out in California :laughga:

Edited by PartySick
✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 8

AJRocketMan
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Higher taxes are fine as long as people see the returns.

If I'm paying more taxes, I expect that money to go towards some sh*t that'll benefit me and/or other regular people. Fix the roads, pay our medical bills, educate the kids and young adults, stuff like that.

Are you a high income earner? How much money do you make? Tax increases generally don’t affect the working class. Higher payroll taxes do, but marginal tax rates don’t. Did you know the 1950’s had a top marginal tax rate of 91%? Very few paid that much, but that shocked me. Modern Americans HATE high taxes. The 1950’s also had 20 tax brackets, whereas now we only have 7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

E Z

Y’all do know the majority of California’s taxes go to Education and Healthcare, right? Conservatives love to complain about higher taxes but take the labor force they benefit from for granted. You can’t have one without the other. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
7 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Modern Americans HATE high taxes.

Yeah, 'cause they were fed the lie that if you cut taxes and regulation for the rich CEOs and moguls then they pass those savings down in the form of higher wages and lower prices :lmao:

When in truth, they just hoard the money either literally, in physical assets, or in stocks that only make them richer.

I'm no economics guy by any stretch of the imagination but I do know economic health comes from money being spent, not held. Unrelated, but that's also why I wonder why Republicans (aka the "fiscally responsible party") fight stimulus checks so hard. You're refunded people's tax dollars who will turn around and spend it. It creates revenue.

Let me go back to grocery shopping though :emma:

✨The constellation of Orion, so bright at night✨
  • Like 7

StarstruckIllusion

Leave the big taxes to the government... that way people cant move states 😭

Dulo Peep
34 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

i love when actual smart people give their opinion! Why i don't see you here often? Amazing reply.

dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1