Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Joanne Grammy Thoughts

Nycboy

Featured Posts

What are your thoughts on Gaga receiving more Grammy nominations for Joanne (3) than Chromatica (2) and the same amount as BTW (3)? Also, Joanne won a Grammy, while BTW did not.

I think all noms are well deserved and 2020 was a competitive year, but this really makes me think that Joanne was unfairly reviewed and overlooked by critics and the GP. Why wasn’t Joanne given the same love that Chromatica received? Where was it on year-end best lists?

10 years from now, I think we’ll look back at the Joanne era as much more successful than we originally perceived it to be and maybe even more successful than Chromatica. Joanne had more grammys, a successful tour, and the super bowl. It didn’t feel like a rehash of an earlier phase of her career like Chromatica sometimes feels like. Joanne really did pave the way for her massive ASIB success by giving the public a preview for her stripped-back image and sound. I think in the future we’ll kind of combine Joanne/ASIB as a shining moment in her career, part of her comeback story.

Back to the Grammys, Gaga had largely disappeared from major nominations since 2012 after BTW. 2013 - 2017 was a very TOUGH time to be a Gaga stan Grammy-wise, watching new pop girls getting nominated without much love for Gaga (I know there was C2C and TIHTY). It was Joanne that finally got Gaga additional pop category nominations in 2018. At the time, I remember finally being excited to watch the Grammys because for the first time in years I could root for Gaga. The impact of Joanne did that. 

27monster27

I think Joanne will be looked at differently later on in the same way that American Life has been looked at differently. Both albums are an introspective look into each singer that before each respective point has not been seen before by the GP.

he/him/his

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, 27monster27 said:

Joanne was only nominated, it didn't win a Grammy. I think Joanne will be looked at differently later on in the same way that American Life has been looked at differently. Both albums are an introspective look into each singer that before each respective point has not been seen before by the GP.

Joanne didn’t have the FERVENT hate American Life got though...

Just now, 27monster27 said:

Joanne was only nominated, it didn't win a Grammy. I think Joanne will be looked at differently later on in the same way that American Life has been looked at differently. Both albums are an introspective look into each singer that before each respective point has not been seen before by the GP.

It did win

COME ON GAYS!!

27monster27
Just now, Arbmonster said:

It did win

I was wrong, I thought that they were referring to the album, not the song.

he/him/his

Joanne to me is very tailored to receive Grammy nominations and positive reviews, I feel like Gaga really made it with the purpose of being respected in her solo projects again

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

js4754394o9823

Joanne got 2 nominations in 2018 and 1 in 2019

Maybe Chromatica will get another one too

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

YourEnigma

Joanne did what BTW, ARTPOP and Chromatica could never and with a random song. Such a powerful song Miss Gaga did here

blackpink
1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

Stupid Love (All I Ever Wanted Was Love) [Piano Version] coming for the 2021 Grammys :applause:

YourEnigma
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Maybe 911 for Best Video but untill there, no one will remember the impact of the video.

Anderson123

I think the Grammys have shown quite a lot of love for her and they still do, she started with 3 noms for Album of the Year in a row and continues to get some more with projects like Cheek To Cheek, A Star Is Born and Joanne, with a total of 11 wins I think? then the Chromatica nominations this year. Gaga has managed to stay in the public eye and continues to make an impact regardless of Grammy wins or not and that's more important in my opinion. 

MeetinDaShadow
2 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Sour Candy MV wins Grammy Award for Best Video, Short Form, after it is finally released in 2022

js4754394o9823
6 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Sour Candy MV wins Grammy Award for Best Video, Short Form, after it is finally released in 2022

Sour Candy Remix (feat. BLACKPINK & BTS)

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived