💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Selena Gomez - De Una Vez TONIGHT

Edu

Featured Posts

i'm actuslly here for it, love the aesthetic, reminds me of some latin queens like selena and gilda, cant wait to give it a listen!

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreu
38 minutes ago, Edu said:

Why? Since Selena is from Mexican heritage she should be fluent in Spanish? Make it make sense.

because anglophone music has it way easier to be successful, tell me how many german language songs are there in the Spotify global top 200 or on the AM charts. Kim would have not had a career as successful as she had if she sang in German, which iirc is her mother tongue/L1. This has nothing to do with "heritage", it's purely about languages.

1 hour ago, Matangi said:

So long story short, there's this thing called colonization, and there are also millions of people called Chicanos. Their heritage is not dependent on their native tongue.

Thanks for proving my point.

đŸŒč free britney đŸŒč

1 hour ago, Andreu said:

because anglophone music has it way easier to be successful, tell me how many german language songs are there in the Spotify global top 200 or on the AM charts. Kim would have not had a career as successful as she had if she sang in German, which iirc is her mother tongue/L1. This has nothing to do with "heritage", it's purely about languages.

So since Kim's from a country where its music is not as popular abroad she's excused? Gotta love double standards! :mark:

đŸŒč free britney đŸŒč

Agunimon
3 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

spanglish kween coming to dominate the latin market

Bad Bunny, you are not safe gworl

bad bunny and Selena Gomez duet incoming.

Andrea B
7 hours ago, Babel said:

These are side projects from anglo albums, not even the same of going full “latina ” aesthetic. 

Her timing for her realizing she’s mexican descendent is weird. 

why do you care

Andrea B

her spanish was pretty good and she had some mistakes in the lyrics but I think it was intentional, idk why some people are making a big deal out of it.

selenalavigne

Love love love it!!! Video is soooo good song is so cute and raw.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Archived