💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey said she doesn’t think Trump knew he was inciting a riot

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

NYC Monster
2 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

God she looks gorgeous...but does anyone have any idea about her life while growing up? She says she didn't have much and was struggling??? I've heard completely different rumors or are they lies? 

I mean, Lake Placid is a really wealthy part of NY so not many people with "nothing" can afford to live there. I don't know when her father started making his millions, but she attended a private boarding school in CT and then Fordham, both expensive schools. Idk. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, they're not contradictory. I'm observing the nuance that's actually there, not the nuance that my mind wants to see. You and many others, are looking for hidden meanings that are not there.

Oh brother. How boring. The old argument of "well my interpretation is the only right interpretations therefore all other interpretations are wrong unless the align with mine." Yawn. I forgot how unserious you were. 

3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Lana's dislike of Trump could not be any more explicit.

That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about her saying Trump didn't intentionally start a riot. Which, by all accounts, he did. No nuance or interpretation needed. 

Stop wasting your/my time. 

AJRocketMan
23 hours ago, Runway said:

but.... but.... I was told shes not a republican

I totally think she’s Republican.

EDIT: I should shut up now.

Lona Delery
4 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

God she looks gorgeous...but does anyone have any idea about her life while growing up? She says she didn't have much and was struggling??? I've heard completely different rumors or are they lies? 

noone really knows for sure about her childhood

we do know she didnt have much when she moved out of home and trying to become a singer for years in NYC, though

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

alsemanche
13 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

I watched the first minute or so cause im busy atm but yeah she basically said what's been on my mind. Stop  talking a sentence shr said out of context when she spoke for a while about the topic and it was imo kinda clear what she meant. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ItWasntLaauv

Dude... for a self-proclaimed liberal dem, she’s saying some questionable things about Trump, jeez. I know she has good intentions, but words matter.

NYC Monster
4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, they're not contradictory. I'm observing the nuance that's actually there, not the nuance that my mind wants to see. You and many others, are looking for hidden meanings that are not there. Lana's dislike of Trump could not be any more explicit. I don't know what else she has to do to convince you. But some people are just steadfast in their beliefs even when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

All she is doing is pondering a theory. She should be allowed to do that without being accused of all sorts. We're living in a world now where you can't even put out a question or an idea into the universe without someone jumping down your throat and assuming what this makes you. Some of us just like to wonder things, it doesn't mean we support them. Lana, as you can tell from her music, is an eternal philosopher. She naturally hunts for answers as to why things are what they are. We should have the freedom to do that without being accused of supporting anything we ponder. And I do not give Lana a free pass because she's my fave. If you know me, you'll know that I don't give free passes to anyone, not even my closest friends and family. If someone's in the wrong, trust me, I'll call them out on it. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt but when bad behaviour is obvious, it doesn't matter who's doing it in my mind, they need to be held accountable. If you think I'm just a dumb stan, you thought wrong because I am not the one.

We do that because there is overwhelming evidence that she isn't a Trump supporter but people just choose to ignore it. Lana has done everything she could possibly do to show she hates Trump. Short of going up to him and spitting in his face, I don't know how much more she could possibly do to please you lot. If you choose to ignore conclusive evidence, I don't know what else to say to you.

It's funny, I'm thrown by the mental gymnastics people do to bring her down. Lately, there seems to be some sort of thread to find problematic behaviour from her, no matter how small. We didn't get this nonsense back in her early days but that's before people got to the over-sensitive era that we're in now where we read ill intent into everything. On the topic of narcissism, I find it quite ironic that people complaining about narcissism are so steadfast in their beliefs that she is a Republican despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I think probably one of the defining aspects of being a narcissist is believing you are right no matter what evidence is placed before you. As for the concept of words being taken out of context, it's not Lana doing this but those who read what she says. Notice that the headline that was chosen for this post is completely out of context and deliberately chosen for the amount of scandal it suggests? Well, at least it does for those who jump to conclusions. Those of us with a cool head actually chill out and listen to what she has to say in full also with the knowledge of her political opinions going in.

I really take issue with people calling fans who defend her to be "blind." I have no blindness, not even when it comes to my faves. I criticise when there actually is something to be critical of. I was critical of Lana when she dissed Gaga back in the day. I was highly critical of her when she denounced feminism (which she clearly later educated herself on and retracted somewhat). But until she does something that's way out of line that I actually find an issue with, people are merely overreacting and looking for ways to bring her down as they don't like her. And boy, do people love performing their apparent awareness of social issues and what political side they're on in forums to win brownie points. Even I do it a little myself, I admit...but just so it can hopefully change the minds of anyone who have ever assumed untrue things about me. Being on a forum is largely performative and it's largely about advertising what type of person you are, I've found out.

That's just it. Lana never seems to think she does or says anything wrong, hence why I say she's a narc. I think she needs to step back and think about why people are saying these things about her; why are people calling her a Republican? Why are people calling her a racist? It's not just a handful of people saying this either, it's tons of people. Why are these people thinking these things? It's because of how she perceives herself, her incredibly defensive nature, the aura she gives off. She needs to think about what she gives off to the world and collect herself, put herself in the POV of another person and understand where they might be coming from when they think she's the thing they're calling her and maybe try to humble herself. 

plastiquedoll
3 minutes ago, LadyDelRey said:

I mean, Lake Placid is a really wealthy part of NY so not many people with "nothing" can afford to live there. I don't know when her father started making his millions, but she attended a private boarding school in CT and then Fordham, both expensive schools. Idk. 

Weird....:awkney:

1 minute ago, Lona Delery said:

noone really knows for sure about her childhood

we do know she didnt have much when she moved out of home and trying to become a singer for years in NYC, though

That kinda makes sense. But how could she afford all the schools mentioned above? I know there's scholarships but I don't know how academically advanced she was. 

NYC Monster
3 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

That kinda makes sense. But how could she afford all the schools mentioned above? I know there's scholarships but I don't know how academically advanced she was. 

For the boarding school I remember her saying her uncle was part of the administration or something and she got some kind of grant, idk. For Fordham I have no idea unless she got a scholarship, my cousin attends FU and it's very expensive. I think by then though her dad was raking in the $$$ and probably paid for it. 

Lona Delery
3 minutes ago, plastiquedoll said:

well i mean Kent boarding school wasnt just for the funsies, her parents literally put her there due to her alcohol issues. theres just not enough information to make a claim about her upbringing

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

plastiquedoll
15 minutes ago, LadyDelRey said:

2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

well i mean Kent boarding school wasnt just for the funsies, her parents literally put her there due to her alcohol issues. theres just not enough information to make a claim about her upbringing

Thank you for explaining:flutter:. Damn the alchohol part is quite sad. She has been singing about sobriety on Bartender so I hope the hate doesn't make her revisit alchohol again.  

StrawberryBlond
9 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Oh brother. How boring. The old argument of "well my interpretation is the only right interpretations therefore all other interpretations are wrong unless the align with mine." Yawn. I forgot how unserious you were. 

That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about her saying Trump didn't intentionally start a riot. Which, by all accounts, he did. No nuance or interpretation needed. 

Stop wasting your/my time. 

It's not my interpretation, it's what she actually said. Like Lana herself said, this was just 5 words out of a 40 minute interview and people didn't witness the full thing. Naturally, reports will focus on out of context moments to draw clicks. It's the oldest trick in the book and you've fallen for it.

Her point was that he's so delusional that he doesn't think he's the bad guy and is unaware at how his words could be taken literally. There are people in the world like that. She explains that this is what she means in the Instagram explanation that she just put up (where she's speaking, not a written spiel, which I think comes off so much better). She was in no way saying that he shouldn't be held accountable even so, just that he may have not planned it all to go the way it did. I have no doubt in my mind that he enjoyed the result even if he didn't plan it. See? Nuance regarding a theory. You can believe he didn't intend to cause a riot but still believe he's responsible. You can believe two things at the same time and they don't have to negate each other.

6 minutes ago, LadyDelRey said:

That's just it. Lana never seems to think she does or says anything wrong, hence why I say she's a narc. I think she needs to step back and think about why people are saying these things about her; why are people calling her a Republican? Why are people calling her a racist? It's not just a handful of people saying this either, it's tons of people. Why are these people thinking these things? It's because of how she perceives herself, her incredibly defensive nature, the aura she gives off. She needs to think about what she gives off to the world and collect herself, put herself in the POV of another person and understand where they might be coming from when they think she's the thing they're calling her and maybe try to humble herself. 

Because she hasn't done anything wrong in this case, that's why! I'll tell you why people are making these assumptions of her - because she's a rich white woman who bases her aesthetic and song references to a very conservative period of American history and has expressed a preference for traditional femininity. Such things will incur negative assumptions, especially at this time and someone like this will always be having to defend themselves because of negative connotations associated with these things that aren't their fault. Most white people have been taking every chance they can get to show they aren't racist or a Trump supporter for the last 5 years as that's what is basically assumed of you until further notice unless you've made your feelings on these issues abundantly clear. And woe betide you if you don't express yourself as well as you could saying an otherwise innocent opinion regarding these issues. As such, we're all walking on eggshells. That's why we get so defensive before anyone's even accused us. Lana has been assumed for years to be unintelligent and vapid purely because of her looks, having a rich father and the content of some of her songs. She's suffered from so much sexism in this industry and as we can see, people willing to jump down her throat over the slightest little thing is proof it's still going on. Lana has always seemed really sweet and humble to me, I don't know where people get any other kinda idea. The fact she doesn't just associate herself with celebrities and most of her friends are non-famous people who she puts in her music videos and album cover art just shows how grounded she actually is. Sometimes, it is the accuser's problem. Just because someone has accused you of something doesn't mean they're right and you're wrong.

NYC Monster
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's not my interpretation, it's what she actually said. Like Lana herself said, this was just 5 words out of a 40 minute interview and people didn't witness the full thing. Naturally, reports will focus on out of context moments to draw clicks. It's the oldest trick in the book and you've fallen for it.

Her point was that he's so delusional that he doesn't think he's the bad guy and is unaware at how his words could be taken literally. There are people in the world like that. She explains that this is what she means in the Instagram explanation that she just put up (where she's speaking, not a written spiel, which I think comes off so much better). She was in no way saying that he shouldn't be held accountable even so, just that he may have not planned it all to go the way it did. I have no doubt in my mind that he enjoyed the result even if he didn't plan it. See? Nuance regarding a theory. You can believe he didn't intend to cause a riot but still believe he's responsible. You can believe two things at the same time and they don't have to negate each other.

Because she hasn't done anything wrong in this case, that's why! I'll tell you why people are making these assumptions of her - because she's a rich white woman who bases her aesthetic and song references to a very conservative period of American history and has expressed a preference for traditional femininity. Such things will incur negative assumptions, especially at this time and someone like this will always be having to defend themselves because of negative connotations associated with these things that aren't their fault. Most white people have been taking every chance they can get to show they aren't racist or a Trump supporter for the last 5 years as that's what is basically assumed of you until further notice unless you've made your feelings on these issues abundantly clear. And woe betide you if you don't express yourself as well as you could saying an otherwise innocent opinion regarding these issues. As such, we're all walking on eggshells. That's why we get so defensive before anyone's even accused us. Lana has been assumed for years to be unintelligent and vapid purely because of her looks, having a rich father and the content of some of her songs. She's suffered from so much sexism in this industry and as we can see, people willing to jump down her throat over the slightest little thing is proof it's still going on. Lana has always seemed really sweet and humble to me, I don't know where people get any other kinda idea. The fact she doesn't just associate herself with celebrities and most of her friends are non-famous people who she puts in her music videos and album cover art just shows how grounded she actually is. Sometimes, it is the accuser's problem. Just because someone has accused you of something doesn't mean they're right and you're wrong.

Again I'll say, I believe what people are "angry" at is the fact that feels the need to victimize herself in this situation and getting angry over a direct quote that was taken from the BBC interviewed that aired. Yes, by the way, I listened to the entire thing and what she said honestly wasn't that great. Yes, I understand her frustration and yes I do agree that she has a right to defend herself but I think she also needs to address the issues that people are pointing out about how poorly worded the things she's saying are. I feel like a lot of fans need to listen to people that have valid critiques of LDR and see where they're coming from instead of constantly dismissing them with "Well, her words were taken out of context!" this is a 35 year old woman, not a child. I used to get incredibly defensive over Lana too until she kept repeating the same mistake over and over again of speaking before thinking (and then getting very defensive over how people perceive what she says) and then never apologizing for it, or trying to see things from other people's perspective and just kept being stubborn. She's a very intelligent, beautiful artist and I'm not saying she's a bad person, but she definitely suffers from entitlement issues and if you don't see that, I truly am sorry for you. Again, I'll also say, that I truly believe Lana can get away with saying and doing anything at this point because she's always going to have people saying she was misworded, taken out of context, words twisted, etc. 

I'll always support her music, as I have since 2011 but her as a person is just...nope.

Archived