šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Forbes: How Lady Gaga Made Her $150 Million Fortune

LIKELADYAGAGA

Featured Posts

"Net worth" and "fortune" are two different things. Having a $320 million net worth doesn't mean she has $320 million in her checking account.

Mother of Puppies
18 minutes ago, Juniper said:

"Net worth" and "fortune" are two different things. Having a $320 million net worth doesn't mean she has $320 million in her checking account.

Yup... itĀ“s just everything that she has and not just the money she has on her bank account...Ā  her houses, jewelry, shares and maybe even her "Michael Jackson" stuff that she owns... because thatĀ“s also worth a lot I guess

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you šŸ§¹

Runway
8 hours ago, Saymyname432 said:

I hate rich people

Self made rich people like gaga should be admired

This type of video makes me cringe so badĀ 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Economy

Aren't her next worth estimates all over $230M to $300M ???? :enigma:

Ā 

Or did she own a lot of assets in stocks that crashed? :ladyhaha:

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Self made rich people like gaga should be admired

She isnā€™t *totally* self-made, if weā€™re going to come correct. Nothing wrong with that, but her dad paying her rent on Manhattan living alone for a bit is not really hoofing it yourself. It gave her the flexibility to have low-paying jobs that allowed her to focus on her music. She put in A LOT of effort, but her parents having enough expendable income to pay a second rent is a big leg up even if not a trust fund or something.

We also should avoid adding some sort of special morality to ā€œself-madeā€. I mean, plenty of self-made millionaires are awful peopleĀ :laughga:Ā It gives higher status to a ā€œpureā€ capitalism which is no less insidious than the trust fund one in terms of net effect on the broke.

Runway
17 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

She isnā€™t *totally* self-made, if weā€™re going to come correct. Nothing wrong with that, but her dad paying her rent on Manhattan living alone for a bit is not really hoofing it yourself. It gave her the flexibility to have low-paying jobs that allowed her to focus on her music. She put in A LOT of effort, but her parents having enough expendable income to pay a second rent is a big leg up even if not a trust fund or something.

We also should avoid adding some sort of special morality to ā€œself-madeā€. I mean, plenty of self-made millionaires are awful peopleĀ :laughga:Ā It gives higher status to a ā€œpureā€ capitalism which is no less insidious than the trust fund one in terms of net effect on the broke.

So she was about 90% self made. Still self made. Obviously there are bad rich people, gaga isnā€™t one of them therefore sheā€™s admirable imo

She made 40m from the ASIB soundtrack including shallow streams, 100m from enigma, then all her other stuff.... be real

HEARTSTOP
2 hours ago, Red said:

This type of video makes me cringe so badĀ 

It reminds me of The Boys' style of making regular assholes seem like superheroes.

IDGAF

7 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

It reminds me of The Boys' style of making regular assholes seem like superheroes.

They make it sound like there's a cake recipe that anyone anywhere can follow and have a 100M+ net worth, if they put effort onĀ :smh:Ā 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Runway said:

So she was about 90% self made. Still self made. Obviously there are bad rich people, gaga isnā€™t one of them therefore sheā€™s admirable imo

Iā€™m not saying sheā€™s bad lol Iā€™m saying that the idea of ā€œself madeā€ is kind of a joke and not really worth our time. The only person I can think of as truly ā€œself madeā€ who is popular would be Janelle MonĆ”e as she really did not come from wealth, privilege, or status.

But when I say the idea of self-made is a joke, let me illustrate it a bit. Gaga had the privilege to be vocal coached by one of the best coaches in the business. We think he did that for free? Of course not. Her parents were able to getĀ her a baby grand piano, take her to gigs when she wasnā€™t of age, the rent, her private school education (where you basically learn how to be around rich people lol but also where she got to do musical theater). They paidĀ for her headshots, encouraged her love of acting and music. Sheā€™sĀ white which if youā€™re going to be an eccentric person matters quite a bit lol

Ā 

None of this negates her hard work, but what it does is properly contextualize it. She was able to have her super hard work pay off because of the support that she had. Thatā€™s not a bad thing at all, but the idea of the ā€œself-madeā€ millionaire/billionaire goes against this and assumes that none of theseĀ things mattered when they were really instrumental in her success. Forgetting these factors lets us believe what she did was extraordinarily unattainable rather than being a winning collection of chanceĀ and circumstanceĀ which feeds into this ā€œbootstrapā€ concept that Americans are so fond of. ā€œJust work hard and youā€™ll get whatever you want!ā€

Of course her work can be admirable; I think her work ethic is very much that. But I think the ā€œself-madeā€ bit is just unrealistic to how people actually achieve success. She was put in a place where her hard work could potentially grant her success. She still had to put in a LOT of work, but she was in a position where that work corks be leveraged to social and financial success.

Archived