Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (Official Music Video)

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Monster7
17 minutes ago, Kulture Kiari said:

What was he trying to say with his new face? I'm so confused. This was my favorite song ever, and the mv just killed it for me. 

Just now, insight said:

He just holds a mirror to the current beauty standards and intended to make you feel uncomfortable

I thought it was a "f**k you!" to the Grammys (the price, throwing the champagne at them) and how fake they are (surgery, masks)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BillieGOAT

Yeah I’m not feeling this one. 

I get the symbolism used in the video, ie. how he feels like he’s pressured to be this perfect looking, happy performer for his audience and that the impossible standards he has to measure up to may be his undoing.. which people will clap for. Even with a good concept, at the end of the day this video was too on the nose and campy for me. Love this track though, it was one of my favorites on AH since my first listen!

destructivelove

Look up the Bogdanoff Twins.  First Thing that came to my mind.   They are rumored to be VERY high up in the power structures of the elites (think, the people above presidents and leaders), and are rumored to be supernaturally intelligent.  The wizard behind the curtain, if you will.    

This would also make sense why the crowd is dressed in such an “Eyes Wide Shut” fashion. Stanley Kubrick was said to have made the movie to show how the elite interact at parties behind closed doors.  Also the imagery of him peeing on the guests would match the “degenerate” behavior Kubrick was trying to show.  Remember, Nicole Kidman is quoted as saying Stanley Kubrick told her sexual predators and pedophiles run Hollywood   You can look up the article still, this was long before any q anon boomer type of stuff   

I think he is showing through the girl with the gun, that the politicians, celebs/Hollywood execs, and elites are starting to realize that people want blood for how they’ve been robbed and cheated and lied to for years.  And that people are waking up to politics and not buying into the system.  At the end, he pretends to kill himself, but the whole crowd laughs.  I think he is saying/predicting/has knowledge that governments and the ultra rich just pretend to investigate and prosecute themselves with controlled outcomes, to make average people believe continue To believe that justice applies to the ultra-rich and that the system isn’t fixed, both of which are false.   His laughing with the fire behind him is an allegory that the real devil are the ultra rich and how they laugh at us for believing their theater games.  

MeetinDaShadow
2 hours ago, Kulture Kiari said:

What was he trying to say with his new face? I'm so confused. This was my favorite song ever, and the mv just killed it for me. 

Same. I though about this...but the only thing I could come up with was

Perhaps, he's sending a message to the Grammy association :sharon:

In his recent American Music Awards performance, he wore bandages. Covering up his wounds? Now the bandages are off!!!

As the masked elite (mainly older and white) watch him baring his inner demos - unmasked & on show - his exaggerated and deformed face mirroring their despicable behavior, which they hide behind a disguise, a "mask" of glitz and glamour, while he "shows" his proudly.

It's all fake.

He wants to make a mocerky out of the fact that anyone can win a Grammy; before he takes the large "empty" (likely faux) gold ice bucket up to the stage symbolising perfectly the emptiness of the award itself, he "pisses" all over the audiences. Kicking it away he saying it's expendable: if you want one just go to the right table, drink from the right cup, play the right game. It's that easy.

The maskless woman in the audience bathed in light represents his soul, his inner beauty - honest and pure -  contrasting his darkness. He's too caught up in the drama of deception, to see he's better than all of this. Better than all of them.

He take her up to the stage to show the audience what he is capable of. He has a gun. He too can "sell" his soul and become one of them -  just kill the light - he's torn. He soon realises to destroy her is to destroy himself. He cannot do that. He jokingly shoots himself. His darkness does not die. He's integrated his shadow.

Save your tears. He doesn't need a Grammy. He's whole. He soul intact. He's darkness perfectly on show.

They Grammys are officially over..

reallydima
1 hour ago, Runway said:

Plastic surgery shaming wow so woke

I actually don't see him shaming plastic surgery at all.. 

I think it's about trying to a mold and hating himself for it, but still the audience claps.

insight
18 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

did he get a jaw job....? he looks different.

is that makeup???

what is it.

Prosthetics

elijahfan
24 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

Not me thinking he was peeing in that part

Well, that was most likely intentional.

2 hours ago, destructivelove said:

Look up the Bogdanoff Twins.  First Thing that came to my mind.   They are rumored to be VERY high up in the power structures of the elites (think, the people above presidents and leaders), and are rumored to be supernaturally intelligent.  The wizard behind the curtain, if you will.    

This would also make sense why the crowd is dressed in such an “Eyes Wide Shut” fashion. Stanley Kubrick was said to have made the movie to show how the elite interact at parties behind closed doors.  Also the imagery of him peeing on the guests would match the “degenerate” behavior Kubrick was trying to show.  Remember, Nicole Kidman is quoted as saying Stanley Kubrick told her sexual predators and pedophiles run Hollywood   You can look up the article still, this was long before any q anon boomer type of stuff   

I think he is showing through the girl with the gun, that the politicians, celebs/Hollywood execs, and elites are starting to realize that people want blood for how they’ve been robbed and cheated and lied to for years.  And that people are waking up to politics and not buying into the system.  At the end, he pretends to kill himself, but the whole crowd laughs.  I think he is saying/predicting/has knowledge that governments and the ultra rich just pretend to investigate and prosecute themselves with controlled outcomes, to make average people believe continue To believe that justice applies to the ultra-rich and that the system isn’t fixed, both of which are false.   His laughing with the fire behind him is an allegory that the real devil are the ultra rich and how they laugh at us for believing their theater games.  

This really makes a lot of sense. I thought at first he's commenting on how everyone has to fit into a certain look/stereotype in Hollywood and if you don't then you're not recognized for your talent. But this goes so much further, thanks for your analysis it's really interesting!

Archived