Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Official Rupaul’s Drag Race UK S2 Thread | Congrats to our S2 winner!

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

elijahfan

It's been a few years now that every Drag Race winner has been some sort of upset for me... Whatever, it's still entertaining to watch. But very often I don't understand the judges, or RuPaul's, choices.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It's been a few years now that every Drag Race winner has been some sort of upset for me... Whatever, it's still entertaining to watch. But very often I don't understand the judges, or RuPaul's, choices.

It's based on giving them a redemption storyline in all stars.

If a queen can't grow, they will win. If a queen was "robbed" or "overlooked" they will make Ru more money being on allstars for a full season.

Could you imagine Aquaria, Bob, Sasha or Jaida offering anything more if they were cast in another season? Not in my opinion.

elijahfan
2 hours ago, KORG said:

If a queen can't grow, they will win. If a queen was "robbed" or "overlooked" they will make Ru more money being on allstars for a full season.

Could you imagine Aquaria, Bob, Sasha or Jaida offering anything more if they were cast in another season? Not in my opinion.

That makes sense, but it's still upsetting.

Jose P
On 3/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, Stephen said:

Right? I understand why in some cases it works - see Sasha and Jaida. But then there's times when I've really disagreed with the crowning. I mean how you gonna crown a queen with ONE (1) challenge win?? And it was a shared win :toofunny:

Yvie is such an interesting case because while she DID win only one challenge, it didn’t really feel like it? It’s even more interesting how she barely got any hate and was almost everyone’s favorite to win despite being against Brooke’s 3 wins and Sasha got a lot of flack for beating Shea. Imo she just had a really really strong run even if she only won 1 challenge and had a very dominate presence in the competition. That’s why it still feels pretty right for most of fans.

Also, she obviously ate Brooke Lynn up on that final lip sync.

Stephen
15 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yvie is such an interesting case because while she DID win only one challenge, it didn’t really feel like it? It’s even more interesting how she barely got any hate and was almost everyone’s favorite to win despite being against Brooke’s 3 wins and Sasha got a lot of flack for beating Shea. Imo she she just a really really strong run even if she only won 1 challenge and had a very dominate presence in the competition. That’s why it still feels pretty right for most of fans.

Also, she obviously ate Brooke Lynn up on that final lip sync.

Yea I mean I remember the audience loving her. Personally I was never impressed with Yvie on her run, and I was well aware that I was in the minority with that opinion :poot: To me she was just an ok queen that was unfairly propped up by production. I mean Michelle praised this...

Screen-Shot-2019-04-01-at-8.50.28-am-2-6

And they put Suga in the bottom when she was in the winning group for the magic show, meanwhile Yvie really fumbled that challenge and was saved. Sometimes the fans get mad at obvious producer favoritism but in Yvie's case nobody seemed to care :toofunny: 

I do sometimes wonder - would they have crowned Yvie if she wasn't the fan favorite? I mean what if she was the least liked a la Silky? I really doubt RuPaul would have crowned her. I haven't watched that finale since it aired but I remember thinking her first lip sync in the finale against Akeria could have been called for Akeria :oprah: Then it would have been Akeria vs Brooke for the crown.

Comparing this to season 9 - I actually felt the same way about Sasha Velour during the run of season 9. I liked her but Shea and Trinity were clearly better in my opinion - and they had more wins. Going into the finale, Sasha was the clear fan favorite. It was maybe the first time that the fan favorite wasn't the queen who had performed the best(?) and I was nervous Ru would unjustly crown her. However, she completely turned it out in BOTH of her finale lip syncs. Given the new lip sync for the crown format, I got on board with her win. I just don't think Yvie's performance in the finale was as compelling to warrant the win. She was even more underqualified and didn't have the same kind of show stopping turn around. 

tumblr_p5m55xh4bP1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

BUtterfield 8
2 hours ago, KORG said:

I hate how much sense this makes :messga:

3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I hate how much sense this makes :messga:

A shining example of this was Alaska, and an even better example is shea.

CyanDante

A perfect tribute for a perfect season and the spectacular cast! :firega:

The way this made me emotional. :bradley:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

• 2 weeks later...
bionic

A'Whora retweeted this...she is amongst us :giveup: 

I wonder what her username is :sis: 

buy bionic

weed
On 3/20/2021 at 11:27 AM, KORG said:

That’s interesting, I’ve not really considered it like that but it makes sense. 

Archived