Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Halsey dislikes fans saying she made them gay

Kimmo

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

She made a video that is evidently hypersexual and is complaining about it being hypersexualised in responde?

Make it make sense girl. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

Even in joking people need to stop making comments about "___ made me gay." It unnecessarily promotes the ideology that people choose to be gay, which is then used against them when they ask to be treated equally by those on the unaccepting side.

Bonkers
12 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Even in joking people need to stop making comments about "___ made me gay." It unnecessarily promotes the ideology that people choose to be gay, which is then used against them when they ask to be treated equally by those on the unaccepting side.

for the few people who still believe that, the world has moved on without them. I think being able to joke about something making me gay means that it's so widely accepted that it's not a choice that it's now a joke.  

i know there are places where it's still not that evolved, but how much longer do we all need to accommodate for the willfully ignorant?   By worrying that a joke reinforces ignorance, it actually gives those people power by implying that it's a reasonable and common assumption.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

ToxicHot

Not her not being able to take a simple joke, it’s literally a euphemism from some random people who left a comment. :neyde: Just shut up and take the compliment. She needs to take the stick out of her ass already, she makes “woke” look like a joke.

Yes - I understand statements like that promote ideas that make sexuality look insignificant but come on now. What’s annoying is that it’s obvious humor.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Agunimon
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

for the few people who still believe that, the world has moved on without them. I think being able to joke about something making me gay means that it's so widely accepted that it's not a choice that it's now a joke.  

i know there are places where it's still not that evolved, but how much longer do we all need to accommodate for the willfully ignorant?   By worrying that a joke reinforces ignorance, it actually gives those people power by implying that it's a reasonable and common assumption.

I would normally agree with this, but this US election really put into picture how stupid the majority of people are.

RudraCNG

Omg it reminds me of that artist (don't remember who) who made a big deal of "Skinny legend" term :triggered:

Bonkers
Just now, Agunimon said:

I would normally agree with this, but this US election really put into picture how stupid the majority of people are.

actually yes.  I totally know what you mean.  good point 

like i said in an earlier post, i just try to avoid problematic jokes now because there's still lots of ways to be funny, but.... yeah.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Chromatography
10 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Queer people don't own nail polish and skirts. But sociaty associate it with us. 'Straights' can wear it all they want, but some of them are using it for queerbaiting and profiting off of gay culture when they are not a part of it and that's just facts : P

i know plenty of “straights” who wear nail polish and dress more feminine because they like it and it makes them feel good. i just don’t understand why we’re trying to gate keep literally the color of someone’s nails. nail polish and skirts are not gay culture lol

HausOfAntonio
10 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Being sexualized and sexual are two different things. She made a sexual video, but that doesn't mean people can do whatever they want with it and she has every right to say what she feels about it.

Your comment is the same as saying to a woman, that she dressed up "sexy" so she shouldn't complain about men objectifying her

Girl. Ok I get that, but its literally impossible to expect not to be sexualised if you present yourself sexually. That doesn’t mean permission to be objectified or violated, but if you present overt sexuality you will be seen as sexual. Its paradoxical to expect otherwise. That doesn’t negate you being viewed as a human being, as sexuality is an integral component of one’s humanity, but it does bring that to light. 

Eighteen
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

this hyper-sensitive political correctness

idk this is kind of an ironic statement by her considering the post :selena:. i mean she's technically right, but really, somebody being open enough to joke around and say something like "halsey made me gay" is to me not a big deal at all. as a gay person, my first concern is not whether or not somebody understands the "technical" aspects of being gay, like whether it's a choice, but certainly more of whether or not they accept it and aren't gonna kick my ass in the street or something. you could make an argument that it's hurtful to the cause because it is misinformation if you take the joke as some literal piece of information, but honestly, i personally feel that PC culture does a lot more damage, cause i have found that people just really hate it and turn against it immediately when they come across it :/ 

arrtpop
21 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i know plenty of “straights” who wear nail polish and dress more feminine because they like it and it makes them feel good. i just don’t understand why we’re trying to gate keep literally the color of someone’s nails. nail polish and skirts are not gay culture lol

it’s not about gatekeeping the color of someone’s nails. if a straight person genuinely enjoys being feminine then they can do whatever they want. i’m not gonna speak for anyone else, but for me, the issue comes when tiktok treats “femboys” like a trend. as a boy who was worn makeup to school everyday since 7th grade and gotten **** for it all the time, it feels dismissive. it’s like, how come when i do it i get sometimes laughed at, but when a straight boy puts on a skirt and eyeliner, they got 1M+ likes and comments saying how hot they are? and again, if someone genuinely likes it, they can do whatever they want. but a lot of these boys have realized that being feminine = views and attention, and don’t actually care about boys who love being feminine. 

tl;dr, the issue comes when straight boys start doing it for attention and wouldn’t be doing it if it weren’t a “trend”. 

aphrodite

TEANUS

I think those comments are more hyperbolic and flattery rather than insensitive or serious 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived