Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Robert Rodriguez talks about how ROM music video collab happened

monketsharona

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

The way he was like..."Mmmm...busy :huntyga:"

Bitch! :nooo:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

vyniildisk
5 minutes ago, Johan Colli said:

I had no idea he looked like that... :zilla:

right? i thought he and kwentin tarantino were the same person

Bradley
35 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Every directors says no until she explain her idea to them. :trollga:

Exactly :ladyhaha: She even made someone sacrifice his 25-year-old idea to her.

truly the illuminati queen.

Quartz

You CANNOT be too busy working with an A-list creative. You just can't. :ohwell:

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

Defmix100

I've always loved Robert Rodriguez, but I was wondering what made her choose him since she was the one to call up. Rather than maybe Akerlund for example who I think could have made a cool ROM video too.

My best guess is because Rodriguez is the most VFX focused director she's worked with and almost (if not) every shot has VFX in ROM

vyniildisk
22 minutes ago, Quartz said:

You CANNOT be too busy working with an A-list creative. You just can't. :ohwell:

mmmm it depends, lets be honest, we can tell by the ROM video that it was rushed

Bradley
10 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

I've always loved Robert Rodriguez, but I was wondering what made her choose him since she was the one to call up. Rather than maybe Akerlund for example who I think could have made a cool ROM video too.

My best guess is because Rodriguez is the most VFX focused director she's worked with and almost (if not) every shot has VFX in ROM

Rain On Me was surprisingly well executed. I say that because Machete Kills and Sin City are B movies, which made Gaga's acting career started off on a very questionable note. I'm so glad Gaga has taken a new direction where the quality of storytelling and acting are upheld rather than just cool visuals.

That said, I definitely am here for more Rodriguez-directed MVs. I think he'll do Babylon and Sour Candy much justice.

voidfigure
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Rain On Me was surprisingly well executed. I say that because Machete Kills and Sin City are B movies, which made Gaga's acting career started off on a very questionable note. I'm so glad Gaga has taken a new direction where the quality of storytelling and acting are upheld rather than just cool visuals.

That said, I definitely am here for more Rodriguez-directed MVs. I think he'll do Babylon and Sour Candy much justice.

Yes. 

But fyi, Sin City and Machete/Machete Kills are not b-movies. They were made with tons of budget to look like b-movies. Rodriguez is a die hard fan of old campy flicks, that's why they look like that, but he's a very experienced and talented director. I agree his style is over the top and may throw off some viewers tho. 

Archived