❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
music news

The Guardian: Dua “out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Regina George
Just now, Flawless said:

Savage was bigger than ROM in the US but a non event outside of it. Rain On Me has bigger peaks and chart runs worldwide.

And we were talking about USA so thank you for providing my point, 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SoSourCandy
Just now, Regina George said:

Her album is the most streamed album of the year.. What the hell are you talking about and why the hell are you straight up lying at this point? :laughga:

babe there is NO single day in this year she was out of TTH 

what do you even talking about? lmao 

her residency in Spotify’s biggest and most payola’d playlist is off the walls. 

you just can not defend this. if chromatica songs were featured as much as dua’s songs difference wouldnt be much between them. 

4 minutes ago, Flawless said:

Ariana on it isn't a guarantee of success. How many flop features she had before rain on me tho. Talking about features, Dua Lipa has one of the biggest rappers rn on her song and she's struggling to make it happen tho....so your point doesn't make sense

How is my point not making any sense when Ariana had three #1 this year? You actually think Rain On Me would’ve gone #1 without Ariana? 

4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Labels are there to push artists and they did this with Gaga too back in 2010-11. It’s not illegal activity because if it is it would be punishable and it’s not. 

What planet are you living on? Rolling Stone exposed these illegal tactics in a lengthy article and they explicitly mention Dua Lipa. 

They also mention that Interscope is one of the only few labels who don’t take part in this fraud so maybe you might wanna reframe that sentence :heart:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/amp/

SoSourCandy
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

What planet are you living on? Rolling Stone exposed these illegal tactics in a lengthy exposé and they explicitly mention Dua Lipa. 

They also mention that Interscope is one of the only few labels who don’t take part in this fraud so maybe you might wanna reframe that sentence :heart:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/pay-for-play-radio-texts-1067691/amp/

AMEN TO THAT :applause: 

EXPOSE HA! 

scheisseJK

Why the article is not mentioning radio payola and spotify playlisting?

I see with this articke its the things which make you bigger artist now.. And better quality album.. 

And thats not a hate towards Dua or anyone, its just  fact. Without it any other singles  after DSN would have difficulties to even chart in hot100

And FN is very good pop album but not superb and not extraordinary, its well promoted, pushed and executed. It wouldnt defend itself without all the strategies like other albums did in music history. 

Without all this it would do 3 times worse than chromatica. 

Regina George
Just now, Adarsh said:

What planet are you living on? Rolling Stone exposed these illegal tactics in a lengthy exposé and they explicitly mention Dua Lipa. 

No I don’t. Now let me ask you why did you completely ignore second part of my reply? Is it because you know it’s true? Can you like.. Stop? 

Flawless
Just now, TFMAGENDA said:

How is my point not making any sense when Ariana had three #1 this year? You actually think Rain On Me would’ve gone #1 without Ariana? 

We really don't know. But only giving credit to Ariana when her previous collabs didn't even come close to the nº1 spot. boyfriend #8 dcma #13, of course Gaga had her part on it. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

3 hours ago, ReallyVenus said:

Do we love Dua? Yes. Do we think she's a phenomenal artist? Also yes. Did she really have that much impact? No.

I do agree. I love Dua's music, her style and who she is as an artist, but saying that she is a "behemot"... If she is, so Gaga is a solar system all by herself ☀️☀️❤️:firega:

Dua is slaying, Dua is lovely and she will be in the industry forever probably, but this is only her second era. BUT she's not that close to her fan, it's been 5 years maximum for her, some awards, some other projects... And even in ten years, she will not be as big as Gaga or Kylie, the both are ****ING LEGENDS :bye::trollga:

Jose P
10 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

If you say so... :billie:   I'm not going to agrue relentlessly over this, however, Rain On Me is one of the strongest number ones when it comes to the music. When it comes to "who promoted their album/song more/better" then of course Gaga/Rain On Me would be one of the weaker ones. 

Dua promoted her music, Gaga didn't. Thats what it boils down to. But it doesn't mean Dua is a stronger artist or that her music is better than Gaga's. She just got pushed and promoted unlike Gaga. 

Thats all. 

Omg girl just stop, you just keep on setting up Gaga and also Katy with these delusional comments and it’s so frustrating to watch. You’re literally doing nothing good with this, other than setting them up for dragging. Stop.

5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Labels are there to push artists and they did this with Gaga too back in 2010-11. It’s not illegal activity because if it is it would be punishable and it’s not. Also can you not quote me in every single thread trying ti drag me? I don’t have personal problem with u and I support your opinions in many threads idk if you noticed that but now it seems like a pattern. Every time I mention this woman I know you will quote me saying exact same things. It’s getting tired love. Have a great day tho! 

Actually, it is illegal, they just find loopholes and do it very low under. But if you look it up it actually is illegal. The only instances it’s not illegal is if the radio stations actually discloses that it’s sponsored airtime. But that rarely happens, because the whole point of payola is to not only jump on the charts, but to also increase the perceived popularity of a song, make people think the song is big and popular. Can’t do that if the radio station says the spins are sponsored.

Luke78619
1 minute ago, Flawless said:

We really don't know. But only giving credit to Ariana when her previous collabs didn't even come close to the nº1 spot. boyfriend #8 dcma #13, of course Gaga had her part on it. 

NO ONE can deny that Ariana being featured played a big part in its debut, I doubt that ROM would’ve debuted at #1 without her seeing as Gaga’s anticipated comeback single debuted at #5, but I do believe it still would’ve performed very well, it’s well received and it’s simply a very good pop track in all aspects

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

SoSourCandy

she released remix after remix mv after mv 

rent a rapper tactic + radio payola ( dead last on callouts ) + added to tth while being out of top100 before 

nobody has a right to come here to defend this desperate label push let alone saying it was bigger than gaga songs 

its so :fail: 

:rip:

2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

No I don’t. Now let me ask you why did you completely ignore second part of my reply? Is it because you know it’s true? Can you like.. Stop? 

As for the second part, I’m not dragging you because I have a problem with you, what you said earlier just didn’t sit right with me, hence I responded with a well researched reply. I’m not hating on anyone, just stating facts. 

SoSourCandy
3 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

NO ONE can deny that Ariana being featured played a big part in its debut, I doubt that ROM would’ve debuted at #1 without her seeing as Gaga’s anticipated comeback single debuted at #5, but I do believe it still would’ve performed very well, it’s well received and it’s simply a very good pop track in all aspects

stupid love was leaked a month before and it was already overplayed by fans. 

it would debut in Top3 if it didnt leaked

Regina George
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

Omg girl just stop, you just keep on setting up Gaga and also Katy with these delusional comments and it’s so frustrating to watch. You’re literally doing nothing good with this, other than setting them up for dragging. Stop.

Actually, it is illegal, they just find loopholes and do it very low under. But if you look it up it actually is illegal. The only instances it’s not illegal is if the radio stations actually discloses that it’s sponsored airtime. But that rarely happens, because the whole point of payola is to not only jump on the charts, but to also increase the perceived popularity of a song, make people think the song is big and popular. Can’t do that if the radio station says the spins are sponsored.

Okay but Levitating barely has any radio support and is still doing great during Xmas. She had radio support with DSN and BMH but her streaming was always the reason of success. I am not denying they did that but all I'm saying is that I think it's okay (?) because I truly believe labels needs to fight and push their artists as much as they can. Warner didn't have any big female artist since Madonna in like 2000s and now they got the chance with Dua so the push is extremely understandable IMO.

Archived