đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Cher - The Goddess of pop

Rj Barker

Featured Posts

Rj Barker

Been rewatching Cher believe concert from 99 and it made me think about how I don't see much talk of her on this forum. Any big fans of her here? To me she is an absolute icon and the embodiment of a strong woman. With a career spanning over 6 decades she has achieved more than most.

My absolute favourite cher album would be Heart of stone.

Cherhofs.jpg

And her career in acting has been great too. The film 'Mask' is so well done and gets me everytime.

I hope one day we get the proper gaga/cher collab we all deserve and not just that rough demo that's floating around the Internet.

220px-Chercher.jpg

Naak Le Vaar

Youre calling Cher the goddess of music and not Madonna? Uh oh, get ready to be dragged :udidnt:

But for reals I really like her music. Sometimes it a hit or miss for me, but I love all of Dark Lady and Prisoner. I still wanna listen to more of her stuff. She's done so many genres of music I'm surprised she isn't mentioned as much or more than Madge when talking about influences. Just my opinion.

I guess @Faysalaaa got butthurt that I made fun of Madonna loool

Lmao they blocked my signature

Rj Barker
Just now, Naak Le Vaar said:

Youre calling Cher the goddess of music and not Madonna? Uh oh, get ready to be dragged :udidnt:

But for reals I really like her music. Sometimes it a hit or miss for me, but I love all of Dark Lady and Prisoner. I still wanna listen to more of her stuff. She's done so many genres of music I'm surprised she isn't mentioned as much or more than Madge when talking about influences. Just my opinion.

Haha, she's been referred to as the Goddess of pop for a long time by fans and the media, at least the past 20 years. Yeah her discography is so diverse, and I see gagas career following a similar trajectory if she Continues to excel in film. Which I would be more than happy with!

I LOVE THIS WOMAN SO MUCH
I made my whole family travel to NYC so that I could go see her live @ Madison Square Garden with my mom, who's not much of a fan, but still made me company. I didn't even care I wasn't on the best seats, nor at the front row, just the emotion of seeing someone that has impacted my life so much, and who I've been a fan of since age 7, it was all worth it, and I hope I get to see her again cause she cut her older songs from this last tour to include a few ABBA covers, which I love as well but it doesn't compare to Half Breed, Gypsies, and Dark Lady. as you can see I could spend hours talking about my story with Cher lmao she's the real deal, and a true goddess.

Rj Barker
8 minutes ago, Luk said:

I LOVE THIS WOMAN SO MUCH
I made my whole family travel to NYC so that I could go see her live @ Madison Square Garden with my mom, who's not much of a fan, but still made me company. I didn't even care I wasn't on the best seats, nor at the front row, just the emotion of seeing someone that has impacted my life so much, and who I've been a fan of since age 7, it was all worth it, and I hope I get to see her again cause she cut her older songs from this last tour to include a few ABBA covers, which I love as well but it doesn't compare to Half Breed, Gypsies, and Dark Lady. as you can see I could spend hours talking about my story with Cher lmao she's the real deal, and a true goddess.

I would kill to see her at somewhere like MSG, I went to a few of the farewell tours and the belive tour in 99, her stage presence hasn't diminished a single bit in all these years it astounds me! I hope she tours again too! She has plenty of go left in her so I'm hoping we get another album or 2 before she fully retires.

TEETHTEETH

Agree 100 with the OP

Cher has paved the way for pop and has remained consistent in her delivery. Even if her shows remain familiar, she's doing it right. I saw her last year for the first time, and have to admit, I was living..  maybe it was the shrooms, but honestly it was so good I remember thinking she overpowered and ruined my trip. 

I like to listen to her older music when I do chores. Dark Lady is that song for me. Love the vibe and the story. "Dark lady won't read her cards no more" :firega:

2 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

I would kill to see her at somewhere like MSG, I went to a few of the farewell tours and the belive tour in 99, her stage presence hasn't diminished a single bit in all these years it astounds me! I hope she tours again too! She has plenty of go left in her so I'm hoping we get another album or 2 before she fully retires.

tbh about her stage presence, I felt like she doesn't have the same energy as she used to have, at least during the Believe and the Farewell Tour when she was just overwhelmingly energetic, there was a lot more interaction with the audience (grab them sailor caps) and it was orgasmic to watch, even on DVD, but I totally understand that I can't expect the same presence that she had at age 56 when she's now 73, and I would enjoy it just as much if she was just sitting there singing Heart of Stone then leaving.

Jose P
1 hour ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

That’s the way she’s popularly called. Cher is called the Goddess of Pop and Madonna is called the Queen of Pop. 

sarahb
32 minutes ago, Rj Barker said:

I went to a few of the farewell tours

I love that this is a thing :fan:

But yeah my mum wanted to see her so I went with her to a show a couple of years ago and holy crap she puts singers half her age to shame. 

Archived