Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

P!nk is the Undisputed Queen of Longevity

JRCF29

Featured Posts

gypsy101
Just now, bionic said:

Madonna is Pinks idol

i didn't say pink wasn't smart or talented, but her relevancy has been in question for several years now

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naak Le Vaar

Not to call anyone out but I can't with people thinking Stupid Girls or DLMGM is slut shaming or misogynistic. :triggered:

Lmao they blocked my signature

dynamite

I really liked P!nk around the Funhouse era but the last few albums she's released have been very samey, I can hardly tell them apart. I'm bored of her. I hope she comes back with a harder album.

QueenGaga

I think Madonna is undoubtably the Queen of longetivity. Her last top 10 entry was in 2012, 30 years after she debuted with her first album. Sure she’s been going down since Hard Candy but even Hard candy was 26 years in. She’s still in the news with her new biopic and possibly a new album too 

QueenGaga
7 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Not to dispute this, but just as a heads up, you're going to be having some Madonna fans showing up and you might want to run. 

You’re making us sound like rabid animals ready to attack :triggered:

QueenGaga
7 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

Please, Madonna's been on a downward trend since Hard Candy

P!nk: 16-17 years into her career

Top 10 Hit: Just Like Fire #10 (2016)

Top 10 album: Beautiful Trauma #1 (2017) (2.6M SPS)

Madonna: 16-17 years into her career

Top 10 hit: Frozen #2 1998) Ray of Light #5 (1998)  Music #1 (2000)

Top 10 album: Ray Of Light (1998) (16M SPS), Music (2000) (11M SPS) 

:yennefer:

7 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

Please, Madonna's been on a downward trend since Hard Candy

So? Madonna's last top 10 was in 2012, 1983-2012 is still longer than 2000-2020. Anyway I'm not here to say X is better or discredit Pink's achivments but you're making it sound like Pink had more longevity than Madonna which is wrong 

dutchyguy
37 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

She was great till So What. Everything after that i can barely remember :huntyga:

Didn't she have more #1 hits after that? Just give me a reason & Raise your glass?

Joshie S

Every single song P!nk writes and releases, is pure magic.

I hope one day for a collab with P!nk & Gaga:flutter:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, dutchyguy said:

Didn't she have more #1 hits after that? Just give me a reason & Raise your glass?

Yeah but i didn't really like them and i don't think they're super relevant even tho they did good on charts

Naak Le Vaar
51 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

But Stupid Girls IS misogynistic

Calling women who likes to look "pretty" and be sexual "stupid" is very stereotypical and just bad

You don't need to have short hair, play football and want to be president to be intelligent and respected and that's exactly what this video is about

I'm sorry your country's education system has failed you if you can't read between the lines. I believe subtly and subtext is what makes music powerful. Being spoon-fed the message does not hold the same meaning when compared to even basic metaphors or parallels.

I'm not trying to sound high and mighty, I believe I'm pretty average in terms of skills and knowledge. But this is teach a man how to fish kind of situation I think. I know art is very subjective and to tell others how to think or feel about a piece is counterintuitive to experiencing art , but there's a difference between that and telling someone what is not a proper way to consume art.

This is not meant to be an attack on you as a person or your thought pattern, but your text to me says things at face value are what you focus on the most when I'd say the first thing you see is often the least important aspect of any kind of art. Its the first bite of an entire course. I find that this kind of perception of seeing what can be seen is misleading. This is the short version of me saying please please please do yourself the favor of reflecting on what you have experienced because many times there are other factors you may not have noticed or understood or considered.

An incoherent rant, but something I wanted to vomit onto this thread. Well it's surprising because Gaga is often mocked for making no sense when her art often times has me coming back for more and more because of how in depth it can be. I'm surprised how Stupid Girls can be so misunderstood to this day when it's message is so straightforward. To say the song hurts women is like saying Born This Way is about Gaga being an illuminati alien or Judas is about Gaga praying to Judas Iscariot and the Antichrist or you get the point.

I really do be having this much time on my hands to make some dumb mini essay about something like this lol

Lmao they blocked my signature

Archived