Sneaky Oliver 23,090 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 5 hours ago, Economy said: Why tho? What does being religious have to do with Aliens? I mean from a catholic standpoint, how can aliens fit in the Bible? Were aliens created by the same god? At the same time? Did they had another Messiah in their world? Are humans really God’s favorite creatures? Did God leave us on earth to take care of them? So many questions Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Ward 9,613 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 11 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said: I mean from a catholic standpoint, how can aliens fit in the Bible? Were aliens created by the same god? At the same time? Did they had another Messiah in their world? Are humans really God’s favorite creatures? Did God leave us on earth to take care of them? So many questions alien jesus confirmed Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bionic 50,112 Posted December 9, 2020 Author Share Posted December 9, 2020 46 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said: I mean from a catholic standpoint, how can aliens fit in the Bible? Were aliens created by the same god? At the same time? Did they had another Messiah in their world? Are humans really God’s favorite creatures? Did God leave us on earth to take care of them? So many questions Dare I say it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,201 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said: I mean from a catholic standpoint, how can aliens fit in the Bible? Were aliens created by the same god? At the same time? Did they had another Messiah in their world? Are humans really God’s favorite creatures? Did God leave us on earth to take care of them? So many questions I just know my parents are as religious as they come and they think Aliens probably exist. They figure if God created such a massive Universe why would we be the only ones God created? So seems to me like religious ppl don't necessarily not believe in aliens I know @SamanthaC has a faith and I think she too has said she believes in aliens if I'm not mistaken Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helxig 45,817 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 My dad has this whole theory that humanity isn't ready to be introduced to aliens yet so the government has Hollywood pumping out the space movies (ie Guardians of the Galaxy) to desensitise us to their existence before they let us know I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joshie S 6,609 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 1 hour ago, Helxig said: My dad has this whole theory that humanity isn't ready to be introduced to aliens yet so the government has Hollywood pumping out the space movies (ie Guardians of the Galaxy) to desensitise us to their existence before they let us know Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening, and has happened for decades now. Most people I know are desensitised to fights/zombies/blood/gore/death etc. all because of movies. The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGMonster95 13,704 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 They do exist, the reality is that they are so far away that we'll never going to meet them (space distance is a problem for everyone not just for us) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
brucee 1,690 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 1 hour ago, Joshie S said: Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening, and has happened for decades now. Most people I know are desensitised to fights/zombies/blood/gore/death etc. all because of movies. I think that the monster are metaphors and thinking that they exist is a distraction from the real ones rather than a desensitisation.. hello hello baby. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sneaky Oliver 23,090 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 4 hours ago, Economy said: I just know my parents are as religious as they come and they think Aliens probably exist. They figure if God created such a massive Universe why would we be the only ones God created? So seems to me like religious ppl don't necessarily not believe in aliens I know @SamanthaC has a faith and I think she too has said she believes in aliens if I'm not mistaken It's not that they don't believe in aliens but the confusion it might cause because of the questions I've mentioned in my previous post. The extraterrestrial life discovery might put the whole religion to the test. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Runway 27,876 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 3 hours ago, Helxig said: My dad has this whole theory that humanity isn't ready to be introduced to aliens yet so the government has Hollywood pumping out the space movies (ie Guardians of the Galaxy) to desensitise us to their existence before they let us know Chromatica explained omg Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,201 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 25 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said: It's not that they don't believe in aliens but the confusion it might cause because of the questions I've mentioned in my previous post. The extraterrestrial life discovery might put the whole religion to the test. Perhaps. All I know is my parents say the Bible never said we're the only ones and just cuz God created us doesn't mean he couldn't have created others I'm sure there's also a lot of religious ppl who think we're the only ones tho I'm just saying not all necessarily Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woolfsmck 2,763 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 45 minutes ago, Economy said: Perhaps. All I know is my parents say the Bible never said we're the only ones and just cuz God created us doesn't mean he couldn't have created others I'm sure there's also a lot of religious ppl who think we're the only ones tho I'm just saying not all necessarily So... like. ... Men in Black isn't fiction? like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Poker 3,770 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 I saw an UFO with my very own eyes so I believe this The Galactic Federation part tho Kindness rules all. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bionic 50,112 Posted December 9, 2020 Author Share Posted December 9, 2020 3 hours ago, Joshie S said: Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening, and has happened for decades now. Most people I know are desensitised to fights/zombies/blood/gore/death etc. all because of movies. In media. It’s different when you see it in the flesh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaSine 7,464 Posted December 9, 2020 Share Posted December 9, 2020 10 hours ago, Eido said: Why ? Why what? I just don’t think a lifeform from a different part of the universe would be anything like us, in any way. They would either be incapable of communicating with us or uninterested in doing so. Not to mention the astronomical difficulties of space travel over millions & billions of light years. Just seems incredibly unlikely. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.