Cyberpunk 2077 - OUT NOW - discussion

Pennywise

Featured Posts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantina

Hey all!

I am getting really mixed feelings about this game. When I first saw the trailer I really wanted to preorder it. But then, the whole transphobia, crunch time fiasco and now the epilepsy happened and I am not sure. I am definitely not going to buy it in the near future, March of next year at the earliest. Hopefully it will get better next year with patches and updates! How is the lighting in the game? I read that there is a lack of accessibility options and I am quite prone to headaches from specific lights? Kingdom Hearts 3 was a nightmare....

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

Okay I got it and i’m obsessed. 13 hours in so far :vegas:I haven’t encountered any crazy bugs but the game is badly optimized graphically.

Maybe im sensitive but a certain part made me cry LOL. So i think the characters you meet and story arcs are well written. 

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, juede said:

Okay I got it and i’m obsessed. 13 hours in so far :vegas:I haven’t encountered any crazy bugs but the game is badly optimized graphically.

When I look at a plate of food and see it hovering, or when my car looks above the ground when parked takes me out of the fantasy. Overall, the food graphics are terrible I think. And there should have been more interactions regarding that, too, with stalls, shops, etc 

Story-wise it's going great tho

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Queen Bitch

Okay, I have played about 4 hours since it crashed and haven't experienced anything major since, only tons of lag and and some blurry graphics. I can live with that. Besides it shouldn't be too hard to patch.

I'm starting to enjoy the game more. But I feel like it isn't as incredible as I hyped myself up to think it was. And choosing to play as Corpo was hella disappointing. It's literally over in the first 20 minutes and then it's like, how does my lifepath choice even matter??!

But hey, at least I got to make a sexy character with a big dic:lolly:

Born This Way

Yeah, it’s like pretty bad on Xbox One. I’ve encountered a ton of bugs but thankfully they’ve just been graphical so far and not game breaking like characters on the street popping in and looking like PS1 tier models. And I’ve only crashed once which I guess I should be glad about since I played it for about 5 hours. The game just looks terrible. It’s giving me flashbacks to when Dead Island came out and I was so hyped for it but then I get it and the look and feel is so bad. But so far the actual story has been intriguing.

Now Queen Bitch, don’t drag me too much for this lol, I just have to say something. Look, I’ve never called the game transphobic and I’m not going to start now BUT this really does feel like such a cishet game when I was hoping for more. The character creator is so underwhelming (well from what I could see of it, the graphics here were close to the worse they got on Xbox One.) The options for making a gender nonconforming character barely exist. Like the main thing is the genital options which I will never not praise and I would like to see more of in other RPGs. But the body options besides that are abysmal. The male bodies have to look muscular and on the female bodies, you have to have boobs. I don’t wanna get too into it and I haven’t even gotten to any romances or done sex or anything but from everything I’ve heard, I’m not a fan.

37 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

.And choosing to play as Corpo was hella disappointing. It's literally over in the first 20 minutes and then it's like, how does my lifepath choice even matter??!

Spoiler

I’m doing Street Kid and same. It was like 10 minutes and I only talked to three characters then I’m at the montage where all the life paths meet. The only thing I guess is there’s a few dialogue options catered to your life path. From what I’ve seen, Nomad gets the most time and they start off in the desert so there’s more space. There was literally only a bar and and alley way available to Street Kid at the start. 

^ Just very minor spoilers (not really at all) about the Street Kid intro. It’s also disappointing.

What I’m gonna do is speed through the main story because I don’t want to get spoiled and then I’m just not gonna play it anymore until I buy a Series X AND they release the next gen patch, which might happen before the Series X, idk. Let’s just say my expectations of RPGs is so low following Fallout 76 and this. Like I just know Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is gonna be extraordinarily disappointing and I can’t think of any more RPGs right now since I’m tired but I don't have much faith in them anymore lol; I’ve been burned too many times. I’m such a clown for being hyped about this for like 7 years. :spin:

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Queen Bitch
4 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Now Queen Bitch, don’t drag me too much for this lol, I just have to say something. Look, I’ve never called the game transphobic and I’m not going to start now BUT this really does feel like such a cishet game when I was hoping for more. The character creator is so underwhelming (well from what I could see of it, the graphics here were close to the worse they got on Xbox One.) The options for making a gender nonconforming character barely exist. Like the main thing is the genital options which I will never not praise and I would like to see more of in other RPGs. But the body options besides that are abysmal. The male bodies have to look muscular and on the female bodies, you have to have boobs. I don’t wanna get too into it and I haven’t even gotten to any romances or done sex or anything but from everything I’ve heard, I’m not a fan.

I agree tbh. I was kinda disappointed that there weren't more option to adjust the body. I was hoping to be able to make a more androgynous character, it just didn't let me do it. There should have been a body slider or something. And probably more voice options, since you can only choose a super masculine voice or a super feminine voice. 

6 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

What I’m gonna do is speed through the main story because I don’t want to get spoiled and then I’m just not gonna play it anymore until I buy a Series X AND they release the next gen patch, which might happen before the Series X, idk. Let’s just say my expectations of RPGs is so low following Fallout 76 and this. Like I just know Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is gonna be extraordinarily disappointing and I can’t think of any more RPGs right now since I’m tired but I do t have any faith in them anymore lol, I’ve been burned too many times. I’m such a clown for being hyped about this for like 7 years.

Same I'm gonna finish the game. Then wait for next gen to play the other lifepaths. 

Pennywise
17 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Like I just know Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is gonna be extraordinarily disappointing

I've been waiting for that for soooooooooo long and my expectations just reached below zero about it :selena:

Born This Way
Just now, Pennywise said:

I've been waiting for that for soooooooooo long and my expectations just reached below zero about it :selena:

Yeah after this, I really never want to play an RPG that's locked into first person :bradley:

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Pennywise
Just now, Born This Way said:

Yeah after this, I really never want to play an RPG that's locked into first person :bradley:

They say "better immersion", but it actually takes me out of stuff because the view is so limited tbh. The rest of the story better be amazing :dom:

So this game is borderline unplayable. I'm running the PS4 version on my PS5 and within the first two hours of playing, it crashed to the PS5 menu about seven times. There's people sitting in invisible chairs, cars driving halfway through the ground, it's a total mess.

Sad thing is, I have a PC capable of running this game in 4k, but I figured I'd keep my pre-order on Amazon for the PS4 version thinking that it wouldn't be THAT bad on the PS4/PS5, but I was dearly wrong. :bear:

Pennywise
6 minutes ago, Knife said:

So this game is borderline unplayable. I'm running the PS4 version on my PS5 and within the first two hours of playing, it crashed to the PS5 menu about seven times. There's people sitting in invisible chairs, cars driving halfway through the ground, it's a total mess. 

I'm kinda feeling like this game didn't live up to the hype. Maybe it's just the console version, idk. :bear:

I think console versions are more problematic, because that's what I keep hearing about it (pc version is still bad but not unplayable). Which is funny cause all the interfaces and stuff look as if the game was made primarily for consoles. 

This is honestly unacceptable. It is certain that they just wanted it out in time for christmas and didn't care that it was obviously unfinished. 

Queen Bitch

Holy scheisse sex in this game is intense. I had sex with a male prostitute and my controller was literally vibrating when he thrusted in:bradley:

Pharamon

omg one of the radiostations within the game has polish black metal bands asdwajaidjasidajsdiawjd aiw  I LIVE COME THROUGH CDPROJECT RED 

I decided to push past all the glitches and crashes to play the game more only to discover that this game is essentially GTA but boring, lifeless, joyless, etc. I'm honestly shocked. I don't understand the rave reviews. This game was in development for 8 years..and this is what you send out? Yikes. :awkney:

Archived