Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The quality of Chromatica

itsdominik

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
7 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Invite some friends around, crack open a bottle of something (if you are of age, if not f*ck it do it anyway); play What’s Your Pleasure from start to finish and be amazed! It’s a perfect pop album if there ever was. Pity it’s been criminally ignored. 
I’ll check out WOMB thanks!

From what I heard it’s definitely up my street. WOMB is amazing but it is a bit more alternative so I don’t expect everyone to love it. I personally am obsessed with their work. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeetinDaShadow
53 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I think ROM'S production is messier and more overcooked than stupid love

Perhaps it just that Ariana saves the day. 
Gaga did say SL was passed around to many different producers (and it shows), before Max Martin put his touch on it and then some more. I dunno I want to love it but, it just doesn’t feel organic. It has all the right elements (on paper), but the result is like a brown banana, over ripe and too much sweetness 

MadreMonster
On 12/4/2020 at 11:38 PM, julz said:

I still remember listening to the whole album the very first time... it was Gaga that i missed, dancy electropop Gaga. Even the album name, the font of Chromatica, the tribe symbols, the orchestral transitions, the otherworldly album cover and photoshoots, the music videos.. her mind really. And the fact that the theme are her traumas, mental state/perspective... it's something that is timely and we can relate to. I really hate Covid19 for messing up the plans, but think about it... we are still in this era with surprises in store. When this is all done, we will have to wait a long time again for an album. I'm savoring the moment of uncertainties... and quality house music.

I remember listening to Replay the first time and being so struck by the lyrics “the monster inside you is torturing me” :firega:

Wish I could forget after sleep and relisten every morning with fresh ears. Hope we get some more visuals and surprises :enigma:

outtahere12428
On 12/5/2020 at 1:03 AM, RAMROD said:

It need to be heard by more people beyond the fanbase. But how can it be when barely any promo that make people notice this album exist?

tbh, I think it was heard by a lot of people beyond the fanbase. for example, it is the biggest debut week in Spotify Brazil ever. You can’t do that with just fans. The debut week was also pretty big everywhere else, maybe only not record breaking.

The problem is, people listened to it because they were curious and hyped, but Chromatica’s sound doesn’t have much replay value for the overall GP nowadays. It’s not the type of music people are looking for.

OP: Yeah, I still listen and sing and dance to it everyday since release 🖤

Archived