𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
Sign in to follow this  
society

Vaccination cards will be issued to everyone getting Covid-19 vaccine

BUtterfield 8

The Department of Defense released the first images of a Covid-19 vaccination record card and vaccination kits Wednesday. 

Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of Covid-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer Covid-19 vaccinations.

"Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due," Moore said. "Let's do the simple, easy thing first. Everyone's going to get that."

Vaccination clinics will also be reporting to their state immunization registries what vaccine was given, so that, for example, an entity could run a query if it didn't know where a patient got a first dose.

Moore said many places are planning to ask patients to voluntarily provide a cell phone number, so they can get a text message telling them when and where their next dose is scheduled to be administered.

Every dose administered will be reported to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Claire Hannan, executive director of the Association of Immunization Managers.

Source

So what happens when the anti-vaxxers print fake cards? :selena:

• LMAO 2

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

So what happens when the anti-vaxxers print fake cards? :selena:

It's not supposed to be used for verification, just as a reminder that you NEED to get the booster shot. Some people might only get the first and think they're covered, which won't actually do much good long term. No place is going to require you to have this card to get in or something, any use it'll have will be used through the mentioned query:

"Vaccination clinics will also be reporting to their state immunization registries what vaccine was given, so that, for example, an entity could run a query if it didn't know where a patient got a first dose."

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*
  • Like 2

tylertremallose
Just now, FATCAT said:

It's not supposed to be used for verification, just as a reminder that you NEED to get the booster shot. Some people might only get the first and think they're covered, which won't actually do much good long term. No place is going to require you to have this card to get in or something, any use it'll have will be used through the mentioned query:

"Vaccination clinics will also be reporting to their state immunization registries what vaccine was given, so that, for example, an entity could run a query if it didn't know where a patient got a first dose."

I hope it’s not gonna be like my car “eh I’ll get the oil changed eventually” to “eh I’ll get the second dose eventually” 

FATCAT
Just now, tylertremallose said:

I hope it’s not gonna be like my car “eh I’ll get the oil changed eventually” to “eh I’ll get the second dose eventually” 

It will probably turn into weariness to get the second. The initial shot will provide an immune response so you'll feel a little sick (that's just our bodies reacting to and encoding the vaccine's protection into our systems) but some may think that because they got sick from the first, they shouldn't get the second. It'll turn into a whole thing. 

Let's just pray enough people take it seriously.

*𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱* *𝘱𝘰𝘱*
  • Like 4

bionic

More unnecessary government interference with our personal lives 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Economy
1 hour ago, bionic said:

I wouldn't call this interference. It's an idea to help keep ppl organized

• LMAO 1

Helix
1 hour ago, bionic said:

... it's a piece of paper

• LMAO 2

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, bionic said:

It's just a card with a date of the next dose for you to keep track of what dose your on and when to get the next. I don't see how that's a bad thing, It's no different than any other appointment card.

201202162628-dod-covid-19-vaccine-record

Jill
1 minute ago, RahrahWitch said:

It's just a card with a date of the next dose for you to keep track of what dose your on and when to get the next. I don't see how that's a bad thing, It's no different than any other appointment card.

201202162628-dod-covid-19-vaccine-record

Even if it wasn't, this user probably doesn't agree with the vaccination itself so I wouldn't bother.

ARIZONA IS BLUE GODDAMMIT
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorcerer92
1 hour ago, bionic said:

If more governments took action instead of respecting "personal freedom" we wouldn't be in this debacle now :yennefer: 

Edited by Sorcerer92

Suuus

Whats the point of a vaccine that needs multiple doses why not make one that will only require one dose

Suuus
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

It will probably turn into weariness to get the second. The initial shot will provide an immune response so you'll feel a little sick (that's just our bodies reacting to and encoding the vaccine's protection into our systems) but some may think that because they got sick from the first, they shouldn't get the second. It'll turn into a whole thing. 

Let's just pray enough people take it seriously.

Ive never felt sick after my faccinations

FATCAT
Just now, Suuus said:

Ive never felt sick after my faccinations

It's different for different people, I haven't either, but it completely depends on how serious your body thinks it is.

RahrahWitch
3 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Whats the point of a vaccine that needs multiple doses why not make one that will only require one dose

A one dose shot would be ideal but the point of multiple dose vaccines are that with some viruses and bacteria your immune system doesn't create enough memory after a single dose to learn how to fight it fully so having multiple doses makes sure your immune system can learn how to give you immunity if you come into contact with the virus again.

LaLa
3 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Different vaccines need different schedules, just how it works sometimes. I know Hepatitis B was 3 doses when I got it, and I'm pretty sure Rabies is 4.

As for this card... yeah? I have this bad girl from Ontario

immunization-card.jpg