Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

30 years ago Madonna on ABC Nightline defending Justify My Love MV

vixdean

Featured Posts

Sorcerer92
12 minutes ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Ok and?

Typical display of ignorance from today's generation. You owe so much of your freedoms to Madonna. Learn to bow down and respect her because without her endless advovacy we wouldn't be where we are today. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer92
9 minutes ago, Runway said:

And they still get backlash and misogynistic comments for it... so?

We are just tired of people like you making snide remarks about her impact. It's disgraceful. 

vyniildisk

Woow the similarities between Gaga and Madonna are a lot! This is how Gaga talks when she gets serious and defends her art.

Runway
23 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

We are just tired of people like you making snide remarks about her impact. It's disgraceful. 

Where is the law that says we must all worship madonna lmao 😂 

13:00 - 13:32 - who knew Madonna and Dolly Parton were so similar in their approach?  

This is a great interview and I agree with everything she said.   The world had not seen nothin’ yet, though - Erotica and the “Sex” book were just 2 years away. Hahahaha

Anveeroy
52 minutes ago, Runway said:

Aren't you misusing the reaction LMAO? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Ariana Grindr
3 hours ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Typical display of ignorance from today's generation. You owe so much of your freedoms to Madonna. Learn to bow down and respect her because without her endless advovacy we wouldn't be where we are today. 

kiss my ass pokemon GIF

Sorcerer92

I think we need to give credit to the interviewer as well. He asked Madonna genuinely thought provoking and GOOD questions that allowed her to really let into the hypocrisy of American society. 

Reject False Icons

YES M, :tony: must have been so difficult to raise your voice 30 years ago for topics that people were so ignorant about.

And Madonna was never stopped by anyone to express what she believed in, even if the whole world was against her 

vixdean
3 hours ago, Runway said:

It is not a matter of worshiping Madonna really.

As pop music fans, we should know pop music history and recognise the role that Madonna has played in it, the influential role she has played, the glass ceilings she has broken, and the doors she has opened.

It’s a matter of having an historical perspective and understanding.

Society continues to be highly misogynistic, and the minimum we can do is recognise and celebrate women who have fought and continue to fight against that, those who paved the way, and provided the structures for contemporary female artists to strive without having to go through some of the oppression and violence experienced by others before them. Madonna has always been at the forefront of that.

tylerjs

It’s so fun popping into a thread out of genuine curiosity for the topic and it already being a mess 2 pages in :teehee: 

🇹đŸ‡ș🇧🇾 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Jose P
6 hours ago, Red said:

I've never watched this video, what is so out-of-this-world about it? Does she behead anyone in it or something? :poot: 

This was early 90s and she had just released her Justify my Love music video, which was very sexual and racy. It got a lot of backlash and got banned from MTV so she released it as a video single. This interview is about the whole situation. This is a female artist defending her art and her right as a woman to express her sexuality in her music. All set in the early 90s. Justify My Love and Erotica were big cultural moments for females in the music industry.

insight
4 hours ago, Runway said:

you are right. We should all worship Taylor 

tumblr_oss3y1brQm1rsjz5lo1_400.gif

PunkTheFunk

I make fun of Madonna all the time but I can't stand it when people discredit or deny her legacy as a pioneer in the music industry and all she's done to break down barriers and taboos. It is so infuriating. Especially considering the fact that we stan Gaga, whose career would not even exist if Madonna hadn't done what she did!

Archived