💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Zach Campbell: This is the problem with the “chromatica” era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Queen Gloria

I do think she should do a virtual Chromatica Ball with a full band, costumes and everything. Like an extended version of the VMA performance. Gaga should pull a Kylie Minogue (Infinite Disco was amazing)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k

I love Zach but was this video necessary? 

like he's not wrong and makes points, but I feel like it's just gonna add fuel to the fire... stans already won't shut up about how little promo we've gotten, and this will make it worse. 

did he really have to post this today when the Sour Candy mv is imminent (like it has to be, come on now:billie:)

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

LGMonster95
20 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I take it then that you didn't watch the video and just commented your own opinion on Zachary, even though this video was well thought out and had several points...

I don't need to watch his video because I already know the problems with this era. I just commented my opinion on him because people always hypes him up

Reality
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

I don't need to watch his video because I already know the problems with this era. I just commented my opinion on him because people always hypes him up

I think people have a pretty polarizing view of him. I think he's alright, but regardless of your stance, the video he made was well-made and thoughtful. 

🃏🖤👹

Chesescake
18 minutes ago, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

Because not as genre but a culture, Pop would always considered entertaining/happiness as first place, from disgusting gossip to great stage visual and music, to the craziness joyful of seeing their artist get success.

ALGAYDO
24 minutes ago, Indyl said:

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

I also never understood how fans need promo in order to enjoy the music. That’s one of the craziest things I’ve learned from stan culture, quality almost never matters, it’s the promo/chart positions that matter the most to them. 

14 minutes ago, Indyl said:

Chromarica is a concept album in which the concept is only present in the way the album is  promoted. It isn’t in the music. 

Without the visuals, fashion, and performances there is no world building. It is just a collection of short bops.

”Promo” isn’t a bad word. It has always been an important part of Gaga’s artistry. Every performance, video, and photo shoot gives her an opportunity to develop her concepts. 

There are many reasons why she has understandably been unable to promote Chromatica, but let’s not pretend that “promo” is an unimportant aspect of Gaga’s work, or an unimportant way for Chromatica to be more then the music alone would have it be.

If everyone read the lyrics of Fun Tonight carefully they would understand that she really wasn’t in a good mindset while writing the album, I can’t imagine how it is in 2020. I have been very happy with the music and videos, anything more is great but honestly she can do whatever she wants and she really doesn’t need to do any more.

tyler k
2 minutes ago, ceminay said:

If everyone read the lyrics of Fun Tonight carefully they would understand that she really wasn’t in a good mindset while writing the album, I can’t imagine how it is in 2020. I have been very happy with the music and videos, anything more is great but honestly she can do whatever she wants and she really doesn’t need to do any more.

this.:party:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

15 minutes ago, QueenHunty said:

I do think she should do a virtual Chromatica Ball with a full band, costumes and everything. Like an extended version of the VMA performance. Gaga should pull a Kylie Minogue (Infinite Disco was amazing)

I've always loved the option of pivoting into a full visual album experience. Chromatica deserves a big production and, going by what others have done under Covid, I'm not sure how Gaga-sized she can go. She's done a lot of shooting on location tho. But if I were Haus, I might sit on this, and other big project decisions,until we know exactly how Covid will effect/cancel CBT. 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Bella Goth
46 minutes ago, Indyl said:

its not just a promo. gaga build her musical career serving promo (by her visual, fashion, etc) so we can see a fan really love when she serving on her era. we do enjoy the music. but gaga always serving era. but chromatica doesn't it so far. i respect evrthing gaga and also her fan who missed her serving.

thatfoxyfeeling

He's making valid points just like everyone in the fanbase has been making, she obviously has given up on the era and wants to move on to other projects. :fatcat:

Clarence

it always be 3 or 4 ppl who always say something like "i dont like him he overreacts for views" or something like that. and im like "are we watching the same person???" because he's been like this for at least 7 years. thats his personality, not a put on. yall always want to project your own frustrations on other ppl.

Archived