Zach Campbell: This is the problem with the “chromatica” era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
46 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Oh fantastic. Another sad gay man who thinks he has the authority to criticize the greatest artist of all time, an Oscar winner no less. Opinions like this are why I have grown resentful of most of the gay community. 

Its comments like these that reflect badly on the 'gay community'. Seek help. Thoughts and prayers :bear:

End Racism Now

Sorcerer92
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its comments like these that reflect badly on the 'gay community'. Seek help. Thoughts and prayers :bear:

Genuinely curious to hear why? 

RahrahWitch

In the beginning she said herself she had big plans for the albums release that all ended up getting scrapped due to the pandemic. Then she pushed back the album release and organized the Together at Home world concert to raise $127,000,000 in coronavirus relief. Then soon after with the racial injustice in America she stopped promoting and gave her platform to black voices.

Lately tho, Yes I'd agree that she could be doing a lot more. She was actually kind of lucky with her Era theme, She could have done so much in terms of virtual performances and stunts. 

xoxo Craig
13 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Genuinely curious to hear why? 

That is not for me to tell you, you have to work that out on your own

End Racism Now

Sorcerer92
6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

That is not for me to tell you, you have to work that out on your own

Typical deflection :ladyhaha: Enjoy giving attention to these vile gay men who are so useless and self hating they need to drag Lady Gaga. Im fine ruining the reputation of the community to defend her. You all are the ones who need professional help. Maybe call the BTW Foundation 

Battle 4 Ur Life

he raises points and does so politely I’ll give him that.

but it’s unnecessary when so many people are already feeling the same way or even worse dealing insults on twitter and GGD.

just enjoy the music and the content we got I think. it’s not gonna change much doing this and risk Gaga seeing and feeling guilty for not delivering unreachable expectations cause we know nothing is ever gonna be enough for this fanbase.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Rudz Xinc
33 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

ESPECIALLY with someone like gaga. the videos, outfits, and performances are a part of the package. can you imagine The Fame without the extra content? it would be a basic pop album. not a bad one, but most of the songs dont make points about fame on their own-it’s the videos, performances, shoots, and fashion. and she didnt give us much of that this era.

People just forget that Gaga is more than just music. Do they stan the same person? :oprah:

Look at those clowns

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Typical deflection :ladyhaha: Enjoy giving attention to these vile gay men who are so useless and self hating they need to drag Lady Gaga. Im fine ruining the reputation of the community to defend her. You all are the ones who need professional help. Maybe call the BTW Foundation 

Its not deflection, it was a cue to start self reflecting. Admiring Lady Gaga is one thing. But to the point where you delude yourself to believe that anyone with a slight bit of criticism is a 'toxic gay man'? Come on now... :awkney:  

Nobody has dragged Lady Gaga. And the fact you said that any gay person who has the slightest criticism of Lady Gaga makes you resent the 'Gay community'... you need help. Literally. Like why drag someone's sexuality into things? 

End Racism Now

Pharamon
12 hours ago, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

look up what POP means :)

Luna Lovegood
13 hours ago, Indyl said:

why are pop stans so obsessed with promo

you literally never see this in the rap/hip hop/indie communities. they know how to actually enjoy the music

She’s LADY GAGA. she’s not an indie artist. Make it make sense. 

luna’s advocate

LaLuna

Stans who only live for promo from a pop star really need to get a life. Why is it so important to you? Why is the album not enough? I mean of course I'd love more performances and stuff but honestly, if you're constantly waiting for Gaga or any artist to entertain you, then may I suggest trying to fill that void in your life in some other ways? I mean, my favorite band does 4-year hiatuses between each album, so I guess I'm used to not being constantly fed with interviews and promo from my faves. Personally, just listening to Chromatica is enough. I have more important things to think about than promo.

Don't worry kiddos, when you're older your priorities will change :kiss:

Tazme Pillay

The promo debate is really tough to digest when as fans, we are so hungry to discover this world she has dreamed up but if you’ve followed Gaga’s career long enough you’d know that as an artist she deals in the medium of liveness. Performance art, live art.. she communicates her work best when she had the opportunity to create in real life and take her ideas onto stages and dance floors, even sidewalks and airports. One can only imagine how hard it must be for an artist who expresses themselves best through a live medium to suddenly not be able to do that anymore. It’s important to remember she is an ARTIST. If anything, I imagine she is left feeling very uninspired and lost by the notion of not being able to use her body and performance craft to tell her story. I don’t know, but virtual media and content have never been her strongest outputs and I imagine it’s because she just can’t relate to that the same way she does being on stage or on the streets or in clubs, interacting with humans in real-time and crafting her idea of utopia on top of our lives reality. It’s like asking a filmmaker to direct a theatre show; sure she can do it and explore the medium, but if it’s not inspiring her she can’t force that. What’s more, I’m sure she is very frustrated and sad that her plans could not come to life this year and she does seem like the kind of artist to refuse to budge on a plan or make some sort of compromise; it’s a quality of hers that makes the things she creates so magical and nuanced. I feel really bad for her, if you can’t relate to something creatively the worst thing you can do is force it because you just end up creating subpar content or things you don’t actually believe in and for this reason, I’m okay with her not pushing to do things like this because she’s never been one to be satisfied with subpar art. 

**** good art

Archived