💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé being subpoenaed in ‘Black is King’ legal battle

Teletubby

Featured Posts

KingRedd
2 hours ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Ok i give you that, but that doesn't change my mind on Beyonce using Black culture because it benefits her. 

Are you black? If not, please take a seat and don’t try and “stand up” for us or our culture. We don’t want or need your help expressing who can or cannot use black culture. ITS OUR CULTURE. She is BLACK. You literally sound ignorant and it’s just an excuse to “drag” Beyonce. Lmao 

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd
46 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

She uses it from few years in her projects and did nothing else and this is the only thing that keeps her relevant. 

Lmao this take is absolutely ridiculous. You’d praise Madonna or Gaga for always somehow representing the LGBT community but it’s boring for Bey to represent and use black culture for black people to relate and enjoy? 

May I Read You? 😎

Thomas P
5 hours ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Ok i give you that, but that doesn't change my mind on Beyonce using Black culture because it benefits her. 

She’s not Miley cyrus or Katy Perry in 2013, she’s a black woman I- :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
2 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Lmao this take is absolutely ridiculous. You’d praise Madonna or Gaga for always somehow representing the LGBT community but it’s boring for Bey to represent and use black culture for black people to relate and enjoy? 

LITERALLY THIS! 
Gaga uses and uplifts gay culture constantly, yet when Beyonce uplifts her OWN culture, it’s an issue and problematic aesthetic choice? Like wth 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

HEARTSTOP
5 hours ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Wth? Nope. That is the problem. People only see Africa as a continent and not as different countries. I hope you know there’s different African cultures right? Mixing cultures is problematic af. Also “fairytale” “fantasy” wth? 

As long as it looks good and they like the person, it seems like people don't care about cultural appropriation. It's the fantasy they wish to see after all, and not the reality the misrepresented groups go through.

And yes, it is cultural appropriation because she hasn't lived the actual experiences of those cultures she is using, and she's making money off of it without suffering the struggles attached to them. Imagine her using Polynesian imagery just because she's black.

It's funny because these are the same arguments these same people will use to talk about representation of queer people in media by non-queer folk.

Want it or not, Beyoncé is not African, and she will never be. The only time she's ever been to Africa at all was with Destiny's Child for ONE show in South Africa. She has no interest in actually supporting those cultures, she just think's they look aesthetic for her Americanized fantasies that her fans will eat up. She is just a privileged American woman trying to use other people's cultures for her own gains.

Spoiler

I've said this before on this site, and people tried to come for me, saying I'm a white male and can't speak about these matters. The truth is, I got educated by my black family members, who are actually from Africa (Mozambique, Angola, and Cape Verde).

There's even some people trying to say "oh some people will like it, some will not, but it's ok", when all it takes for other people to get cancelled is one offended SJW on Twitter (who probably doesn't even have anything to do with the issue) starting a hate train about someone wearing a dress of a different country in a private party.

Also, I don't hate Beyoncé, and I actually think she's obviously very talented, hardworking, and an amazing performer. But she's in the wrong in this. She must educate herself about African cultures, and above all, she must educate herself about her ACTUAL ancestry, just so she can better represent black American people just like her (if that's indeed her intention).

IDGAF

7 hours ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

Wth? Nope. That is the problem. People only see Africa as a continent and not as different countries. I hope you know there’s different African cultures right? Mixing cultures is problematic af. Also “fairytale” “fantasy” wth? 

It sounds like you don’t really see the problem people point out when some confuse Africa as country vs continent. That’s primarily a dig at ignorant white folks. The intention is important. In Beyoncé’s case, the whole thing is supposed to be a celebration of *all* blackness, hence the title. This has nothing to do with this bizarre beef that you’re drawing. Of course there are different cultures, that’s why I literally said that lol but what she’s doing isn’t projecting Africa as a singular entity, she’s presenting a broad, complex, multitudinous, diverse depiction of Blackness. Blackness is all of these things. It is so many things. And all of it is beautiful and strong. That’s her argument for Black is King, essentially. In bringing different pieces and cultures of it together, what she’s trying to do is celebrate *all* Blackness. It’s saying BLACK is king not just Senegalese or Kenyan or Creole or Black American is king. It is an attempt at bringing all the parts of the African diaspora together.

if you have an issue with the execution, ok, that’s your business. But the argument you have rn is founded on a misunderstanding of what the the project itself is trying to accomplish.

Archived