BB200: Chromatica #191

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whoresup
1 hour ago, 777777777777777777 said:

On 4th December Chromatica Limited Box Set Edition is out so it can help to stay on BB200. 

Is that the box set that doesn’t really have anything interesting in it? Or have they changed it?

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Katy Perry's Smile left chart after 4 weeks :toofunny:

Not because she abandoned it. That woman gave birth during promo era and is still doing promo.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Mister G
30 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Some of you don't know anything about charts and it shows. No this is not a "complete disaster" It's perfectly normal for the album to drop since it has no promo especially when you take in consideration that Gaga is not your typical "queen of streams" type of artist to help it be stable and without promotion, yes she did really great especially for her standards (Which I'm really happy) but she is not there on the very top like others. Chromatica is an album that went #1, that has a #1 hit single, the last time when she had this achievement with her solo albums was almost 10 years ago with Born This Way, not to say that she has 2 top 5 hit singles with Chromatica which also didn't happen since BTW aswell. Y'all seriously need to stop acting like she pulled a "Smile" type of floppage with this album when It's totally NOT the case.

Preach the truth. Borderline dropping 6 months after the release with minimal promotion does not make it a catastrophe. That type of attitude is why this place has a thread every week about the "problem with Chromatica" or "Gaga really messed up this era" or "take notes from the other artists still promoting." The level of micro-management from her fans gets worse and worse.

LGMonster95
19 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Preach the truth. Borderline dropping 6 months after the release with minimal promotion does not make it a catastrophe. That type of attitude is why this place has a thread every week about the "problem with Chromatica" or "Gaga really messed up this era" or "take notes from the other artists still promoting." The level of micro-management from her fans gets worse and worse.

People don't even know that we are in fact LUCKY that Chromatica did what it did. I was honestly worried at the beginning when the pandemic started that Chromatica wont be able to sell not even half of what it did now because I knew that she wont be able to promote like on her past eras and promotion for her was the reason why she had big sales. Overall literally Chromatica is pulling Joanne numbers but without its sales and promotion, mostly only with its streams, how is this a "complete disaster"? It's going to end up being a #1 platinum album with a #1 hit single WW, however you want to twist and turn this around, it still sounds pretty great

This is good, right? I'm pretty sure there were expectations for it to leave this week, if not ages ago.

3 points in and ready for more

Mister G
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

People don't even know that we are in fact LUCKY that Chromatica did what it did. I was honestly worried at the beginning when the pandemic started that Chromatica wont be able to sell not even half of what it did now because I knew that she wont be able to promote like on her past eras and promotion for her was the reason why she had big sales. Overall literally Chromatica is pulling Joanne numbers but without its sales and promotion, mostly only with its streams, how is this a "complete disaster"? It's going to end up being a #1 platinum album with a #1 hit single WW, however you want to twist and turn this around, it still sounds pretty great

Exactly and the minute she drops something new the same people who cried this was a "complete disaster" are going to be eating up said promo.

LGMonster95
12 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Exactly and the minute she drops something new the same people who cried this was a "complete disaster" are going to be eating up said promo.

We can't even say that this is an underperformance because honestly she slayed with the singles, ok maybe Stupid Love didn't last but It'll forever be remembered as a #5 hit song and if it wasn't leaked before maybe it could have reached #2 (the points on Billboard between #2 and #5 were very very close). She had 2 singles this era, one of them ended at #1 and the other at #5, her album went #1 with a pretty impressive sales etc. Is this a flop? Definitelly not. Is it an underperformance? Maybe when we talk about the sales of the album but like I said, she did this with streams mostly and with minimum promotion. Did we expect too much from it? Yes

Mister G
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

We can't even say that this is an underperformance because honestly she slayed with the singles, ok maybe Stupid Love didn't last but It'll forever be remembered as a #5 hit song and if it wasn't leaked before maybe it could have reached #2 (the points on Billboard between #2 and #5 were very very close. She had 2 singles this era, one of them ended at #1 and the other at #5, her album went #1 with a pretty impressive sales etc. Is this a flop? Definitelly not. Is it an underperformance? Maybe when we talk about the sales of the album but like I said, she did this with streams mostly and with minimum promotion. Did we expect too much from it? Yes

For sure and unfortunately there are a lot of variables I'm sure as to why there's silence or a lack of communication. People forget there's still a pandemic raging on and it's probably affected her mental health in ways we can't even imagine. The timing of the virus and the social unrest didn't help and it's not her fault. You're absolutely right that the album did very well on its own with minimal content released. She'll speak and release information when she's ready. 

numb the flame
46 minutes ago, whoresup said:

Is that the box set that doesn’t really have anything interesting in it? Or have they changed it?

yeah it's that boxset that has nothing new besides one photo on a postcard type thing

11 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Even though we have this pandemic, I think she could have done so much more for this era... :madge:

Honestly, I will get hate for this but I agree with you. Yes the pandemic happened but artists had to adapt. I think the reason so many of us are frustrated is because we know Gaga used to be the leading superstar when it came to the use of technology in her visuals, performances etc. We're frustrated because there is little too communication from her with us besides brand deals / contractual posts she can't get out of it. 

Archived