Gaga turns down MCU role

Artur

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
4 hours ago, weed said:

Wtf!!!!! I understand if Gaga doesn’t want to be in the MCU but also HELLLOOOO!!! Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, etc etc so many QUEENS have done comic movies, I wish she did

those are already well established and respected actresses

she has to prove herself as a serious actress first, maybe in the future...

LilyLark

Huh, Clea is an interesting character but I'm not shocked she turned it down if that was the character she was offered for a couple of reasons.

1) Marvel's newer contracts are (allegedly) very hardcore about scheduling (e.g. it's rumored to be why Brie Larson has barely been in any films since her Oscar win besides Captain Marvel while Scarlett, who was cast early on, seems to have more flexibility).  Dr. Strange 2 is going to have a massive cast and it (sort) of sounds like Clea is going to be more of a love interest and not even a primary secondary character. IMO Gaga may not have wanted to sign a super restrictive contract for basically an ensemble role without any guarantee of how large the role will be in the future....especially as she is clearly going after Oscar bait like Gucci & probably doesn't want to miss out on any possible Oscar caliber roles for a secondary MCU role. If it was a major supporting role or a starring character, or a one off supporting role, I wonder if she may have signed on?

2) Timing. Dr. Strange 2 is filming right now or about to start filming very soon. Bullet Train is filming right now. If it comes down to two ensemble roles, one of which might lock her in a contract with no guarantee of her character's role in future films, versus a Brad Pitt movie...imo the smarter choice is the Brad Pitt movie. It's not as if they offered her Dazzler (which has it's own potential problems) or Emma Frost.

*In regards to 1, Jeremy Renner allegedly was angry back in the day for getting locked in an MCU contract, which prevented him from doing a lot of other films, as he was led to believe Hawkeye would have a much bigger place in the MCU. I feel like people forget that he was like in a major place coming off Hurt Locker....like everyone thought he was going to be the next big dramatic, Oscar-baity actor. He still has some prestigious movies under his belt  (Arrival, American Hustle), tho.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, Johan Colli said:

Good. She needs to be Dazzler or Emma Frost. 

Yeah, I agree. If she's going to commit to the MCU, it's better (imo) if she's a major character or has her own movie or does a small, one off voice or villain role. Basically, go big or go small...not one of the "medium" roles in the MCU-verse.

LGMonster95

Good for her if this is true lol. I just totally don't see Gaga being the type to play in marvel movies, those movies feel too shallow for her. I have a feeling that they were paying her a lot just to be on their movies (cause that's what they usually do with big names like her) but overall she just wants a serious role that would actually benefit her as an actress.

Regina George

As she should. She’s much better than that comedy shitshow MCU became 

RahrahWitch

If she were to ever be in a superhero movie I'd feel like she'd take a lead in a stand alone film, I highly doubt she'd take an avenger-like role, I don't think her schedule could be that open.

Archived