celeb

Shawn Mendes reveals struggles with body image

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CantGetEnough

Body dysmorphia is serious...but I honestly feel like he's losing more fans with his nauseating relationship with Kkklanmilla than if he gained a little flab...

I think I kinda understand him.. even when I was thinner last year I still felt so uncomfortable with my body and being shirtless and stuff still freaked me out cause all I could think was that I needed to be skinnier and then get some muscles so that I could be validated as someone attractive and who people would listen to. but the point is, I only lost weight due to a heavy workload, depression and anxiety, which ended leading me to drug abuse. since then I've gained over 30 pounds after staying at home obssesively and not having any motivation to exercise, and I kinda feel like scheisse somedays but still am trying to find a way to be healthy and not care much about my body image because of what gays will like or not.
but anyway, if he feels like this being the standard white straight(?) muscular guy, imagine what fat and overweight people go through. trust me, I was a fat kid, and those feelings still hurts and haunts me daily. 

Supersonic

“I held myself accountable to that image of not doing anything wrong, or saying anything wrong. [It's been] so hard over the last few years,”

Alright Mister "I can see the black in you coming out!" and "Lightskin black girls are prettier than dark skinned black girls". Sure, live in your personal delusion. :billie:

Pharamon
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I don't really understand how people can post negative things about self actualization. It's not "edgy" to be that negative about someone's personal journey. Be critical of his work all you want.

1*ZPqaktnGeujvLZ6wI7Np_A.png

Maslow's hierarchy of needs. 

I mean, I doubt Shawn knows this, but it describes the last two steps of Maslow's pyramid.

The fact that not even my physiological needs are satisfied is sad...

MessyTop

I feel bad for him, but he needs to do better music. This era is a letdown. He looks gorgeous but the music is meh 

FentyGa

the replies here...no wonder people hate this site

and no wonder men often dont feel comfortable speaking about eating disorders

y’all are so insensitive and disrespectful

The Fame Monster

Some may think, how come such a beautiful boy struggle with his body image. I think the way Shawn looks has always been in the center of the attention in everything he does, because he is beautiful, and people are interested in that. So of course, it creates pressure and doubt for him if he’s good enough for his fans, and people around him, etc. 

Being in the eye of the public must be f*cking difficult nowadays in a world where social media and cancel culture excists. When you are a celebrity, you are expected to be a great example for your fans, and if you do even a tiny mistake these days, people are gonna DRAG YOU DOWN. It’s awful. It’s important that we have these people to look up to in our lives who want to be great examples for people, but we should remember that they are also just normal people who make mistakes as well. They are not perfect godly creatures. 

Find your freedom in the music

Thomas P

Some of the replies in this are so toxic it's unbelievable :bear:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

pachinko
6 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

Yeah because people don't kill themselves over body dysmorphia.. 

Well, he literally has a perfect body. He should seek mental help if he feels otherwise.

Archived