Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
8 hours ago, vixdean said:

Can’t stand this type victimization that fans do on behalf of Gaga. 

“Have you ever been overwhelmingly depressed, suicidal, apathetic and disillusionedwith the state of the world.”  Yes, and half the world probably feels like that right now. 

Go read the many mental health threads in this forum. People may feel like that but they get out of bed and go to their jobs because they have bills to pay and food to put on the table.

In the wider scheme of things, Gaga is in a much better and privileged position to deal with the many challenges life presents than any of us. There’s no need for the constant excuses of Gaga’s behalf.

Thats the whole point of it! There is no need for excuses because there is nothing to be excused in the first place! Thats exactly what grinds my gears in every single one of these threads, Gaga’s job isn’t one where she needs to be constantly delivering in order to put food on the table. She’s an artist and deserves to have her pace and timing respected. Especially considering she could be going through a really tough time. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Why do you keep puting words in my mouth? Honestly I don't get it... Where did I criticize her for that? 

I'm an artist, have depression, PTSD, fibromyalgia and more, I know what it feels like

I’m not writing this about you specifically. I just have this sentiment about people who will play that “she didn’t actually want to make Chromatica in the first place” card which I really can’t sand. No she probably ****ing didn’t. No one at their lowest WANTS to do anything. That doesn’t take away that fact that what she DID deliver is a labour of love. 

APPLAUSE4YOU

It's amazing that she dedicated most of the year raising money for COVID, consistently giving her social media platforms to BLM movement activists, and rallying behind one of the country's most important elections in history and what is important to discuss about her this year? Oh, that's right...the fact that she didn't promote her album enough that she released into one of the most tumultuous years in recent history. Instead she was focusing her energy on more important affairs that impact peoples' day to day lives. Most out-of-context BS I've had to read this week. 

Everyone is always so focused on promotion, sales, charts, appearances etc. If you really just wanted the music, articles like this wouldn't have to be written.

OMonster
3 minutes ago, APPLAUSE4YOU said:

Everyone is always so focused on promotion, sales, charts, appearances etc. If you really just wanted the music, articles like this wouldn't have to be written.

Not the OP, but I don't think any of the complaints are about success. 

Wanting 'commitment' from Gaga isn't the same as wanting her to be successful. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about about chart positions or 'success'. 

But I DO care about content in a Gaga era. 

That's got nothing to do with focusing on 'promotion' for promotions sake... it's about wanting Gaga to engage and commit to her work because she wants to.  

In fact, if there WAS promo that solely served the charts, I'd be disappointed. 

I (and many other fans) 'stan' Gaga for her passion and belief in art and music and its power - and that usually manifests in interesting interviews, cool concepts, visual creativity, fan engagement ect. 

All of that's been hugely missing in Chromatica. 

She doesn't seem to love or live the work she has produced... and that's fine... but it's also fine (and reasonable) for fans to recognise that, talk about it and call it what it is - which is Gaga's lack of expressed passion for Chromatica.

subtext / fantasy

MaMaMarryTheNight
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

That's got nothing to do with focusing on 'promotion' for promotions sake... it's about wanting Gaga to engage and commit to her work because she wants to.  

I (and many other fans) 'stan' Gaga for her passion and belief in art and music and its power - and that usually manifests in interesting interviews, cool concepts, visual creativity, fan engagement ect. 

She doesn't seem to love or live the work she has produced... and that's fine... but it's also fine (and reasonable) for fans to recognise that, talk about it and call it what it is - which is Gaga's lack of expressed passion for Chromatica.

were not worthy waynes world GIF

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

SchwineLove
21 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Do you care about Gaga, Stefani as the person tho. Fans seems to be constantly amnesiac or lack of empathy, that when we try to explain her past situations again and again it starts to sound like a broken record.

53 minutes ago, OMonster said:

So how do you differentiate promotion and content?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

1 hour ago, APPLAUSE4YOU said:

It's amazing that she dedicated most of the year raising money for COVID, consistently giving her social media platforms to BLM movement activists, and rallying behind one of the country's most important elections in history and what is important to discuss about her this year? Oh, that's right...the fact that she didn't promote her album enough that she released into one of the most tumultuous years in recent history. Instead she was focusing her energy on more important affairs that impact peoples' day to day lives. Most out-of-context BS I've had to read this week. 

proud of you wow GIF by PBS Digital Studios.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

APPLAUSE4YOU
1 hour ago, OMonster said:

While I can admit my last remark may not nail the OP's discussion, you seem to think you know that she doesn't "seem to love or live the work she has produced" is still out of context. THE WORLD HAS BIGGER ISSUES AND SHE IS AN ADULT. She is not a pop culture obsessed brat that only cares about art when the world is in a crisis. You say many fans of Gaga stan her for the passion in her art/music but you discount how many people also stan her for her humanitarian efforts and leadership she presents outside of her music career. Such a selfish argument that you still lose. 

MJHolland

The only problem with this era is that Gaga still has a toxic fanbase. 

You say a lot that she “should” be more committed. According to who? You? Even if it’s at her expense? Even if she’s in a bad place mentally or physically?

You know nothing about the woman behind Lady Gaga. None of us know how she’s doing right now, what she has planned, or what she’s tried to do. 

This post is tone deaf, entitled, and unneeded. 

MJHolland
12 hours ago, vixdean said:

Can’t stand this type victimization that fans do on behalf of Gaga. 

“Have you ever been overwhelmingly depressed, suicidal, apathetic and disillusionedwith the state of the world.”  Yes, and half the world probably feels like that right now. 

Go read the many mental health threads in this forum. People may feel like that but they get out of bed and go to their jobs because they have bills to pay and food to put on the table.

In the wider scheme of things, Gaga is in a much better and privileged position to deal with the many challenges life presents than any of us. There’s no need for the constant excuses of Gaga’s behalf.

She literally said she was in the darkest place she’s ever been like a month before Chromatica came out. Including being suicidal I believe (or alluded to it).

Depression affects everyone, regardless of status or privilege. You also know absolutely nothing about the human behind Lady Gaga. 

You literally lack basic human empathy. Disgusting. 

Archived