🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Florida Gov. DeSantis extends order against local mask mandate violations

BUtterfield 8

ZN47DQWJ55GC3HYN7LWGA5VMHQ.jpg

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis extended his executive order that prevents local governments from enforcing mask mandate violations on Tuesday.

The executive order, originally signed in September, bans cities and counties from fining people for not wearing face coverings in areas where mask mandates are in effect.

According to Click Orlando, DeSantis cited promising news on COVID vaccines as his rationale for the extension

Source

Cody James

Very ignorant and dictator-like of him to not trust local governments to make decisions based off their specific situation. I loathe this man. 

• Like 3

Kimmo

Omg I’m so scared because we’re going to be in Florida Monday for vacation :selena:

Tragic.

JusKeepBreathin

This guy is crazy. 

Meanwhile most Florida news papers are asking where is Desantis. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2020/11/25/desantis-wont-answer-questions-about-anything-where-has-he-been/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/editorials/os-op-covid-ron-desantis-missing-editorial-20201124-uqfbyf4yunhydadfe3scmmwvnm-story.html

And this last one where Desantis new data analyst, is a little-known Ohio sports blogger and Uber driver whose only relevant experience is spreading harmful conspiracy theories about COVID-19 on the Internet.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247081417.html

Florida is a joke. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

soularpower

My city (Key West) has recently reinstated a previous emergency mandate requiring all residents and visitors to wear masks at all times, inside and outside with very few exceptions. We’ve also resumed fining people $500 after a verbal warning and civil citation if they continue to defy the mask order, but previously we were also fining businesses up to $10,000 if they did not enforce the mask mandates within their property lines (i.e bars, restaurants, etc. that refuse to enforce masks while within the business with the obvious exception of while dining or drinking). The business fining was challenged and thusly ended as far as I know, but the fining of defiant individuals within city limits has thankfully resumed. Police have been standing at busy outdoor locations each day enforcing the mandate and handing out hundreds of masks, which is all due to our local government here being very progressive. A lot of locals support their efforts and even help enforce it to unruly tourists, and everyone has been doing a great job thus far! 

P.S., our mayor is a gay woman so there’s where the brains come from :fan:

wear a mask
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

Dennnis
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Omg I’m so scared because we’re going to be in Florida Monday for vacation :selena:

I live in Florida and literally everyone is anti mask

• Sad 1

BUtterfield 8
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Why would you pick Florida of all places for a vacation during rona :messga:

Should’ve gone to Vermont they gave the lowest number of corona cases

Edited by BUtterfield 8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kimmo
8 minutes ago, Dennnis said:

I live in Florida and literally everyone is anti mask

Well that’s what happens when you live in a republican state, Texans here are the same, they think with the bottom of their feet and not their brain :saladga:

Tragic.

pachinko
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Why are you traveling for "vacation" now? I don't really feel sorry for you then. :oops:

• Thanks 1

Kimmo
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

Why would you pick Florida of all place for a vacation :messga:

I didn’t my husband did :messga: 

God I love him to death but he can be irrational sometimes and my ghey submissive self has to go with the flow... :selena:

#GheyBottomProblems

Tragic.
  • LMAO 2

Kimmo
2 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Why are you traveling for "vacation" now? I don't really feel sorry for you then. :oops:

I haven’t even told my mom yet because she’s going to say the same thing as you... wait... is this you mom??? :messga:

Edited by Kimmo
Tragic.
  • LMAO 2

pachinko
46 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I haven’t even told my mom yet because she’s going to say the same thing as you... wait... is this you mom??? :messga:

Yes, it's me, Mom. Now buy me that 70 inch tv that I want for Christmas. :lolly:

• LMAO 1