• Yes, and that’s that on That
    • No
    • Was anybody else available

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

I voted no on technicalities. I don't think she's an icon, although I do think she's rather influential in fashion.

I think she has her own style/aesthetic, but I don't think fashion icon is the right phrase to describe her. I don't see people copying her style, or her making a big impact on fashion as a whole.

Kadikaado
4 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Not when she has a single look :laughga:

It worked for Bianca Del Rio.

Is she a trendsetter? Yes. Is she a fashion icon? Only time will tell.

I don't see her becoming a fashion icon. She is self aware of her body and hides it. If her clothing style evolves I believe she may become a fashion icon, but if she stays with the same looks people will grow tired of it.

Anyway #PajamaRealness

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Lol no, her style is what exactly? 90s/2000s hip-hop outfits but made with designer materiel LMAO 

xscape-2000.jpgtumblr_mliw5jjqja1s4nolao6_500.jpg?w=19220200308_b3afed.jpg

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Wet Fire

She's a style icon.

But not a fashion icon or a trendsetter. She has a unique style and has drawn media buzz for that. But she hasn't caused any paradigm shift.

When Gaga became a fashion icon, her style got emulated by a huge number of popstars. Nicki and Katy come to mind. Billie has won the media buzz, does dress differently but hasn't started off a new trend where other popstars are following her footsteps. 

ToxicHot

Ummmm.... absolutely not. She definitely has a few trendy moments, I’ll give her that. But an icon? There is no way. :yennefer:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

KURUSHITOVSKA

Her outfits remind me of that pile of clothes nobody even looks at because they look like they stink, at Goodwill.

ÂżQuĂŠ currĂ­culum tiene ĂŠsta tarĂĄntula?

Pennywise
3 hours ago, T3ARS said:

Lol no, her style is what exactly? 90s/2000s hip-hop outfits but made with designer materiel LMAO 

xscape-2000.jpgtumblr_mliw5jjqja1s4nolao6_500.jpg?w=19220200308_b3afed.jpg

THANK U. Like.. I love her music but calling her a fashion icon when that “fashion” was created by black people, and was not taken seriously until designers started to appropriate it, feels very colonizer to me.

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

zakariah

to me, yes she is, but it's not for everyone. most people would think it's messy or all-over-the-place, but I think she really pulls off whatever she goes for

RAMROD

Yes, she is.

There are various sides of fashion.

Fashion is not just avant garde that Gaga wears.

Fashion is also sporty and street look or lately been known as hypebeast looks. Which ore often than not, a lot of high end fashion hosues adopted. Thanks to Adidas and Nike, LV, among others now too have their own sneakers and sweats line, for example.

Anyone who says Billie is not fashionable just because she wears joggers ad sweats are either stuck up af, or shallow af, or uneducated af, or all three and more.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived